Windows 10: Is mobile hotspot kind of like a wifi extender?

Discus and support Is mobile hotspot kind of like a wifi extender? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have weak wifi in my room when it comes to my cellphone, this makes things like YouTube videos load slowly when browsing on my phone. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/unofficialmoderator, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Is mobile hotspot kind of like a wifi extender?

So I have weak wifi in my room when it comes to my cellphone, this makes things like YouTube videos load slowly when browsing on my phone. I have a good wifi card in my pc with a strong connection, is turning mobile hotspot on act like a wifi extender?

submitted by /u/unofficialmoderator
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/unofficialmoderator, Apr 13, 2021
  2. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Enable Hotspot by CMD

I meant the Windows 10's Mobile Hotspot. And I had mentioned that I'm not referring to the hostednetwork, the link shared is using the hostednetork which not what I'm looking for.

lucifer9393, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Is mobile hotspot kind of like a wifi extender?

Error "The wifi network .... didn't respond" when using PC as mobile hotspot

Original title:- Use my PC as a mobile hotspot

When my PC has a cellular data connection, I want to turn it into a mobile hotspot to share my connection with other devices.

To do this I follow these steps.

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet
      > Mobile hotspot.

• Select Edit, enter a new network name and password, and then select
      Save.

• Turn on the control under Mobile hotspot to share your cellular data connection.
    After that I enter my Password to my nokia lumia 925 phone and try to connect to my new wifi network.

But it says "The wifi network .... didn't respond"

• I enter my password correctly.
    • Turn of my wifi in pc

William A Nadeeshani, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Is mobile hotspot kind of like a wifi extender?

1. Is mobile hotspot kind of like a wifi extender? - Similar Threads - mobile hotspot kind

2. Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot: Hello, when i go to Network and Connection there is not a button to show Mobile Hotspot so i cant share my PC internet with my phone. I am also using an Ethernet cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot/173a8cbc-4baa-46e2-9db1-1c2461c8158c
  3. Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot: Need helpSo when I turn on mobile hotspot on my windows 10 laptop, and connect my phone to it, it's working just fine and my phone can access internet like normal. But somehow the laptop can't access the internet saying "connection interupted" on chrome. But the moment I turn...
  4. Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot: I do have a problem with the mobile hotspot, once I turn on the mobile hotspot then I can't do anything on the internet on my laptop I can't browse or the internet connection is somehow off. But I can browse the internet on the devices that are connected to my laptop's mobile...
  5. Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile Hotspot: I do have a problem with the mobile hotspot, once I turn on the mobile hotspot then I can't do anything on the internet on my laptop I can't browse or the internet connection is somehow off. But I can browse the internet on the devices that are connected to my laptop's mobile...
  6. WIFI and Mobile Hotspot options are missing

WIFI and Mobile Hotspot options are missing: I have a Windows 10 OS on my HP laptop that I've been using for a while now.Suddenly today my computer restarted and now two options "WiFi" and "Mobile Hotspot" are missing in my settings.I have tried all the ways posted on the windows help forums but none of them worked.I...
  7. Mobile Hotspot

Mobile Hotspot: So. I have an HP notebook PC. I have not enable any mobile hotspot from the PC but I am seeing a wifi connection from my mobile phone. The network name is nearly the same as for the PC. The PC name is LAPTOP-DL0J6N07 while the name of the network connection from my mobile is...
  8. Mobile Hotspot

Mobile Hotspot: I can not open mobile hotspot when I using cellular data.Now what can I do in this situation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot/537eb266-ba90-4299-8ba2-62bace4d0bdd
  9. laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot

laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot: Hi, I am not able to connect my laptop with mobile hotspot. kindly suggest the steps to solve the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wifi-is-not-connecting-to-mobile-hotspot/693fac1a-add2-4e83-b68f-59f990b2490b
  10. No internet access with wifi tethering (mobile hotspot)

No internet access with wifi tethering (mobile hotspot): When I use wifi on my PC to connect to my router/modem, internet works fine. But when I connect to my Android phone's access point (tethering) I don't get internet access. You might think it's a problem with the Android phone, but other Android devices can connect to it and...