Windows 10: Is Mozilla Thunderbird slow at fetching and sending emails?

Discus and support Is Mozilla Thunderbird slow at fetching and sending emails? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My ISP claims it's not their mail server... So is Mozilla Thunderbird slow at fetching and sending emails? I have a very fast broadband connection.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Compumind, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Compumind Win User

Is Mozilla Thunderbird slow at fetching and sending emails?

My ISP claims it's not their mail server...

So is Mozilla Thunderbird slow at fetching and sending emails? I have a very fast broadband connection.

Just curious. *really

:)

Compumind, Jan 18, 2019
  2. JunkBear Win User

Mozilla thunderbird

Just happened to me twice in a month. Mozilla thunderbird all emails vanished for nothing and without my command and i go to outlook website and its deleted forever without warning and without even sending it to trashcan. Anyway experinced the same?

JunkBear, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Mozilla Leaves Thunderbird

While Mozilla's Firefox continues to make massive marketshare gains and is arguably the best web browser currently the Thunderbird email client hasn't received the same love and attention. Thus the future of the software has come up for debate by Mozilla CEO Mitchell Baker in his latest blog post in which he admits
    Three options are under consideration:
    * Create a new non-profit organization analogous to the Mozilla Foundation
    * Create a new subsidiary of the Mozilla Foundation for Thunderbird
    * Thunderbird is released as a community project

Baker calls on readers to contact Mozilla with their suggestions while admitting
    Obviously Thunderbird is no longer of interest to Mozilla as their only plans are to overhaul Internet Explorer.

Source: Mozilla

HellasVagabond, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Dark Ride Win User

Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.7

A new version of the popular e-mail client Mozilla Thunderbird is available to the public for download.

"Thunderbird is a full-featured e-mail and newsgroup client that makes emailing safer, faster and easier than ever before more. Mozilla Thunderbird is a redesign of the Mozilla mail component. Our goal is to produce a cross platform stand alone mail application using the XUL user interface language. Our intended customer is someone who uses Mozilla Firefox (or another stand alone browser) as their primary browser and wants a mail client based on mozilla that "plays nice" with the browser."

Grab it from here !

... and read the realease notes while downloading.

Dark Ride, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Is Mozilla Thunderbird slow at fetching and sending emails? - Similar Threads - Mozilla Thunderbird slow

2. Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for Password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for Password.: Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for the Password for my Hotmail Account. As it was the old version of it I had I uninstalled it. I then installed the latest version Thunderbird 11.5.0.1 Supernova 64 BIt. It stopped doing for a bit but now it has started to ask for the...
  3. Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for Password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for Password.: Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for the Password for my Hotmail Account. As it was the old version of it I had I uninstalled it. I then installed the latest version Thunderbird 11.5.0.1 Supernova 64 BIt. It stopped doing for a bit but now it has started to ask for the...
  4. Mozilla firefox and thunderbird questions

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla firefox and thunderbird questions: I just installed firefox 85.0.2 brownser and thunderbird 78.11 email. I need a bit of helps. Firefox -Is it possible to disable update notification on startup ? -Is there any language translator plugin avaiable ? Thunderbird -Is there any PDF viewer plugin to read PDF mail ?...
  5. Why is Mozilla Thunderbird so slow at receiving new messages?

in Browsers and Email
    Why is Mozilla Thunderbird so slow at receiving new messages?: Hi. This is nothing new but Thunderbird is very slow at receiving new messages from my ISP's mail server. When using the webmail client directly from a browser, (direct to server) it is really fast. Anyone else with this issue and a possible fix? Thanks. *Cool 131669
  6. send to not opening an email in Thunderbird

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    send to not opening an email in Thunderbird: On 3/1/2019 the right click send to mail stopped working, for pictures and for pdf documents. I am using Windows 10 and Thunderbird. At one point I got an error message that another program was using my mail. Restarting produced the same error....
  7. send to email recipient not fully working with Thunderbird

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    send to email recipient not fully working with Thunderbird: I have a client who has been using an all in one printer to scan a document, it saves the PDF in a folder, opens Thunderbird (default email), the Write window opens with the PDF attached. It worked day before yesterday, but yesterday morning it saved the scanned PDF to the...
  8. Mozilla Thunderbird 60.3.0

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla Thunderbird 60.3.0: This version has been released today. Can be downloaded from the Mozilla ftp, 32-bit and 64-bit versions available. Directory Listing: /pub/thunderbird/releases/60.3.0/ 120836
  9. Mozilla Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla Thunderbird: Mozilla have released version 60 of thir email client. Now available in a 64-bit version as well as 32-bit. Thunderbird — Release Notes (60.0) — Mozilla 115501
  10. Mozilla Thunderbird lost Font formatting

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla Thunderbird lost Font formatting: My message reading Fonts suddenly lost their formatting. In Thunderbird under TOOLS > OPTIONS > DISPLAY > FORMATTING you can change the font, size, and color for reading emails. When I booted up the other day all of the fonts where set back to defaults. All of my settings...