Windows 10: Is MS ever going to fix the disaster that is KB4515384?

Discus and support Is MS ever going to fix the disaster that is KB4515384? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; They keep pushing it out and it keeps breaking Search and Start, leaving a trail of grumpy users and pissed off admins...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AdrianDunedin, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Is MS ever going to fix the disaster that is KB4515384?

They keep pushing it out and it keeps breaking Search and Start, leaving a trail of grumpy users and pissed off admins...

:)

AdrianDunedin, Oct 30, 2019
  2. geekgirl Win User

Thinking MS must fix this one

has same issue; my computer does not show up when clicking "network" on start menu (or anywhere else) used troubleshooter which recited "files missing" winsock corrupted googled it MS staff post suggested deleting winsock and reinstalling TCP/IP in properties
    of ethernet adaptors; however, at last step got message "cannot reinstall these filed" permission needed. what a bunch of crap!
    same thing happened on my husband's computer. had to role both back to build 10240 for either of us to see each other's computer on network (we share filed). neither could see our OWN computer in network, even though we had file sharing checked, and all "services" related to networking and peers on "automatic" and running. very frustrating. I could not even access my OWN FILES which are in my "public " shared folder. after rolling back, I had to COPY all files and put them in my "documents" folder as I was too afraid of not being able to access MY OWN FOLDERS. this update to 10586 is a DISASTER. It destroys, or corrupts WINSOCK files which messes up all networking for the entire network, and then does not allow you to "fix" it by reinstalling them (stupid "permissions" does not allow it).
    It is a disaster. Network in XP and Win 7 was always breeze; why has MS fouled it up completely? why is MS not "fixing" this issue.
    IT IS UNACCEPTABLE! NETWORKING IS THE "CORE" OF WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM. WITHOUT IT WE CANNOT FUNCTION!

geekgirl, Oct 30, 2019
  3. geekgirl Win User
    Thinking MS must fix this one

nightmare. neither I nor my husband could see each other's computer on network or even our own computers in our own network folder! impossible to fix. troubleshooter recited it was "winsock" problem; MS staff posted workaround to DELETE winsock files and reinstall TCP/IP, what she DID NOT TELL you is after you go through her "steps" the final one to "reinstall" DOES NOT WORK. get error message "cannot reinstall" "blocked, not allowed, no permissions" now totally screwed as already deleted winsock; fortunately I set system restore before her "worthless workaround" which DID NOT WORK and could then see some computers but NOT my OWN desktop. we had to roll back to build 10240 as 10586 was a DISASTER. TOTALLY DESTROYED NETWORK FUNCTIONS!

We don't care about "cortana" and "bells and whistles" WE JUST WANT BASIC NETWORKING, like we had in XP, win 7, and win 8.1!
    MS NEEDS TO STOP WORKING ON MORE BELLS AND WHISTLES AND MUST FIX THE BASIC CORE NETWORK DISASTERS IN 10586!

geekgirl, Oct 30, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Is MS ever going to fix the disaster that is KB4515384?

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Is MS ever going to fix the disaster that is KB4515384?

1. Is MS ever going to fix the disaster that is KB4515384? - Similar Threads - ever going fix

2. is there EVER going to be a fix for MoAppCrash in Win10 10.0.18363.476...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    is there EVER going to be a fix for MoAppCrash in Win10 10.0.18363.476...: is there EVER going to be a fix for MoAppCrash in Win10 10.0.18363.476 Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.13.0.18362_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewypraid:runtimebroker07f4358a809ac99a64a67c1 ? or is moappcrash just beyond Microsoft.Windows capabilities to actually fix ?...
  3. KB4515384 won't install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4515384 won't install: For some reason, i can't install KB4515384 (Culmunative Update Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based systems). I have tried everything what I could, but they don't work at all. The error code is 0x800f0982. What I have tried: Delete Downloaded Windows Update Files 1....
  4. MS Update KB4515384

MS Update KB4515384: Seems like this latest update really messed up a lot of things. Windows Media Player doesn't store ripped music correctly, File Explorer does not retain specific columns when viewing music folders and songs such as the "bit rate". Must I select "Bit Rate" every time I want to...
  5. KB4515384

KB4515384: KB4515384 UPDATE CAUSING PROBLEM.THIS UPDATE MAKE START MENU STUCK,TASKBAR STUCK OR NOT WORKING, WIRELESS MOUSE ADAPTER IS NOT WORKING ,USB DEVICES CAUSING PROBLEM, MOUSE AUTOMATIC CLICKING HOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM???...
  6. KB4515384

in Cortana
    KB4515384: Why oh wow do you guys even leave this update on here for? You know it's a bad update yet you leave it on the updates page? Really people? Then you force push update before even testing them and brick peoples OS because you failed again. How can you even get away with...
  7. Update KB4515384 fails

Update KB4515384 fails: Update KB4515384 fails with error 0xe0000003; Windows Pro 64 bit latest update status except KB4515384. The problem is that I can nowhere find this message. Klaus L...
  8. Kb4515384

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Kb4515384: With KB4515384 out now, has anyone seen an improvement in the problems the previous update had? I do not know how to read the task manager CPU except to say it spikes when I open office or Chrome then levels off after but so far the system seems to be running fine; I did not...
  9. MS Assure disaster

MS Assure disaster: Since August 2018, I have had many very lengthy remote sessions with MS Assure on ticket #xxxx. They have not resolved the problems I raised in that ticket. Instead, THEY HAVE DONE GREAT DAMAGE TO ME. A few days ago, MS Assure re-installed Windows 10 on my PC — for the...
  10. is the networking ever going to get fixed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is the networking ever going to get fixed?: I am starting to believe that someone on here is not believing me when i say the windows networking does not work because of the responses i have gotten. There is nothing that can be done, it is broken. Why does no one believe me? I click on network, click my computer,...
Tags: