Windows 10: Is MS ISO download 1607?

Discus and support Is MS ISO download 1607? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; MS 1607 update to my pre-1607 Win 10 have failed more than 10 times. Finally spent over 4 hours on the phone with MS level 1 and 2. Things are now even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alternety, Mar 25, 2017.

1. alternety Win User

Is MS ISO download 1607?

MS 1607 update to my pre-1607 Win 10 have failed more than 10 times. Finally spent over 4 hours on the phone with MS level 1 and 2. Things are now even worse. Applications that have worked for a long time (including under Win 10) are failing. Including the OS telling me it is not activated after running fine for months.

I have a disk image of 8.1 that I made before installing Win 10. It was months ago and I am going to lose applications that can not be re-installed, but I am going to try starting from 8.1. I am also changing motherboards at the same time. I simply have not been able to exclude my current MB from being part of the problem. I am not sure 8.1 will actually run on the new MB. The next best starting point would be one of the known faulty 10 version I have.

The plan: Modify an ISO to include the proper drivers for the new MB and try an install over 8.1. I upgraded this 8.1 and MB combination to 10 when it was free. If that works, key problems are likely to occur.

I currently have two ISOs. One from MS download (4,641,536 KB) and labeled as win 10, and one from another source and it is marked (Win10_1607_English_x64.iso) with a file size of 4,277,722 KB.

Can some one identify what version each of these files provides?

Question: When I download the ISO from MS, is it the current 1607, or must I install one ISO and then the other?

Any other ideas are also gratefully accepted.

:)

alternety, Mar 25, 2017

2. Can't download windows 10 anniversary

Strange that MS doesn't provide downloads for Windows versions that still supports.

Anyway you are in luck!

Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool

This is a non official tool, but the downloads comes from official MS sites.

Use it at your own risk.

EDIT:

I'm trying it now to verify that the downloaded ISO is identical to that I have archived.

EDIT 2:

I can confirm that the ISO downloaded with this tool is identical to that downloaded from the MS site on August 18, 2016.

I'm Italian so have done the test on "Win10_1607_Italian_x64.iso" but I'm confident that the result will be the same with the English version.

Gianni1962, Mar 25, 2017
  3. Host26 Win User
    Reinstall of Windows 10 Home will not activate with my Windows 8.1 Pro key

I cannot help you with your license issue, but I agree that the MS site is terrible in letting you find things. This page tells you how to download the isos:

How to Download Official Windows 10 ISO files Using Media Creation Tool or Directly Using your Web Browser

There is a link at the bottom to MS Techbench, where you actually download the iso for the edition and language you want.

One shouldn't have to google about how to get isos.

Host26, Mar 25, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Is MS ISO download 1607?

The safest thing to do to ensure you have the most current ISO directly from Microsoft is download the MCT from Microsoft and create a new ISO file that you know is exactly what you want. You need to download a new MCT because older MCTs will always download the version they were at the time they were downloaded.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

If you have a valid product key for Windows 7/8/8.1 that is not blocked from automatic online activation, you can just use the product key to activate the matching Windows 10 without installing Windows 7/8/8.1 first.

NavyLCDR, Mar 25, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    The last Official download I got with MCT was Version 1607 Build 14393.442, about a month ago.

Berton, Mar 25, 2017
  6. alternety Win User
    Thanks Berton. That answers my question since that is where I have always downloaded the ISOs from.

alternety, Mar 25, 2017
  7. Berton Win User
    You're welcome. And I misspoke, it was about 3 weeks ago. Time flies when having fun, just turned 37, for the 40th time.

Berton, Mar 25, 2017
  8. Is MS ISO download 1607?

You can check the version of your ISO by (from admin command prompt) with this command

Dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:H:\sources\install.esd /index:1
    where H is the mounted volume for the ISO.

The downloaded ISO must be the same version as your Windows system.

TexasBandit, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Is MS ISO download 1607?

1. Is MS ISO download 1607? - Similar Threads - ISO download 1607

2. Download Window 10 1607 v14393 iso

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Download Window 10 1607 v14393 iso: Although I had been searching for Window 10 1607 v14393 iso, I can't find any link to download. You guys plz show me the link to download Window 10 1607 v14393 iso. Thanks...
  3. Download Anniversary update ISO 14393 1607

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download Anniversary update ISO 14393 1607: I have a lot of Dell Latitude 10 ST2 tablets that were just donated to the thrift store. They came with Windows 8.0 and I want to update then to Windows 10. Unfortunately they have the Intel Atom Clover Trail processor which Microsoft no longer supports after the Anniversary...
  4. Download 1nniversary update ISO 14393 1607

Download 1nniversary update ISO 14393 1607: I have a lot of Dell Latitude 10 ST2 tablets that were just donated to the thrift store. They came with Windows 8.0 and I want to update then to Windows 10. Unfortunately they have the Intel Atom Clover Trail processor which Microsoft no longer supports after the Anniversary...
  5. Direct download of isos from MS

Direct download of isos from MS: The direct route of downloading isos (spoofing browser or via a non windiws device) on windows 10 MS download site seems to be broken at the moment. Can anybody confirm? 117651
  6. What version is the current 1607 iso download?

What version is the current 1607 iso download?: I am inquiring for a friend who had an unsuccessful update to the August 1607 version. After a very long session the update aborted and reverted to the previous version. I am suggesting he download an iso and manually install but I wondered if the iso included the follow up...
  7. Updating 1607 iso to creators with kbs?

Updating 1607 iso to creators with kbs?: I was wondering if this is possible, like when you integrate SP2 in a iso with windows xp sp1. Afaik I should integrate the "big one" and a patch that came yesterday, right? Could you point me to the kb articles, Im a bit lost and I dont know exactly which they are. Thanks...
  8. Is somewhere available Windows 10 1607 ISO to download?

Is somewhere available Windows 10 1607 ISO to download?: My brother's Dell Inspiron 1545 lost wifi ability after CU upgrade, tried everything to get it work but no result. I think it vould be get back again by installing the 1607. Is that possible? 88889
  9. Reverting to 1607 with clean iso install

Reverting to 1607 with clean iso install: .Since creators update is buggy mess atm and I am done dealing with it, I am planing to clean install 1607 tommorow but I I am not sure if it won't get updated to Creators in process: You know, when you boot and saying checkin for updates? Also, if I manage to install it,...
  10. Can the Win10 1607 ISO from MS be used for restoring?

Can the Win10 1607 ISO from MS be used for restoring?: My PC came with Windows 10 pre-installed (before the 1511 update). It's now up to date with the recent 1607 upgrade and the cumulative patch that followed it. Some problems have developed on my system and I might want to try to restore Windows if other troubleshooting...