Windows 10: Is my account still safe?

Discus and support Is my account still safe? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm seeing a lot of sign in attempts in my account. They are from Germany, Albanya and Korea. I'm a frequent traveller and I'm really afraid that this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Karen Paz1, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Is my account still safe?

I'm seeing a lot of sign in attempts in my account. They are from Germany, Albanya and Korea. I'm a frequent traveller and I'm really afraid that this is the main reason why I'm having this issue. I need someone who can help me to protect my account!!!

:)

Karen Paz1, Feb 28, 2024

2. Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, Feb 28, 2024
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Feb 28, 2024
  4. Is my account still safe?

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

Is my account still safe?

1. Is my account still safe? - Similar Threads - account still safe

2. Is my account still safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my account still safe?: I'm seeing a lot of sign in attempts in my account. They are from Germany, Albanya and Korea. I'm a frequent traveller and I'm really afraid that this is the main reason why I'm having this issue. I need someone who can help me to protect my account!!!...
  3. My Account is the admin account still getting blocked by 'administrator'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Account is the admin account still getting blocked by 'administrator': Why do i not have 'FULL CONTROL' over my own damn laptop i want to install something got the error so ran as administrator still the same error. My account is admin and i assumed the run as admin account is also admin so what the hell gives?...
  4. My Account is the admin account still getting blocked by 'administrator'

My Account is the admin account still getting blocked by 'administrator': Why do i not have 'FULL CONTROL' over my own damn laptop i want to install something got the error so ran as administrator still the same error. My account is admin and i assumed the run as admin account is also admin so what the hell gives?...
  5. Safely remove device still not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safely remove device still not working: Brand new laptop and no possible external causes for this bug except the Windows 11 bug: there is no way to safely eject an external device without getting the error "This device is currently in use". According to all available help sites like ghacks.net and Deskmodder,...
  6. Safely remove device still not working

Safely remove device still not working: Brand new laptop and no possible external causes for this bug except the Windows 11 bug: there is no way to safely eject an external device without getting the error "This device is currently in use". According to all available help sites like ghacks.net and Deskmodder,...
  7. Old restore points still in SAFE MODE?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old restore points still in SAFE MODE?: Hey, so i had reinstalled windows on my laptop and after that the very next day i had to reset it again because of startup error and now my pc is not working properly and i want to go back to my old windowsthe windows before the reinstall i have no restoreofc they were gone...
  8. Is it still safe at Windows 10 1903

Is it still safe at Windows 10 1903: So i have Windows 10 1903 update for a year now but is it still safe at 1903 after December 8 2020? This laptop originally has 1809 but when 1809 is out of support i gotta move i moved to 1903 on October 2019 but now 1903 is going out of support im planning to move at 1909...
  9. Is it still safe at Windows 10 1903

Is it still safe at Windows 10 1903: So i have Windows 10 1903 update for a year now but is it still safe at 1903 after December 8 2020? This laptop originally has 1809 but when 1809 is out of support i gotta move i moved to 1903 on October 2019 but now 1903 is going out of support im planning to move at 1909...
  10. Is the UAC safe enough for private use or are separate accounts still the better solution?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is the UAC safe enough for private use or are separate accounts still the better solution?: Hello everybody, as also an "family admin" I always struggle with the decision to let people work with a standard user account in conjunction with a separate admin account or let them work with admin rights and rely on the user account control. In the case of separate...