Windows 10: Is my chrome browser infected with virus / spyware etc??

Discus and support Is my chrome browser infected with virus / spyware etc?? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently, for many sites where they require me to click on the box to confirm "I am not a robot", there is another box popping up requesting me to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tsw88, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Tsw88 Win User

Is my chrome browser infected with virus / spyware etc??

Recently, for many sites where they require me to click on the box to confirm "I am not a robot", there is another box popping up requesting me to choose all the images of either "crosswalks", "bus" or "cars".... It's VERY TROUBLESOME. However, at the same time I use another browser (e.g. Firefox) for the same site, they don't request me to choose any images, and it "pass" as long as I click on the box "I am not a robot"

Why it is that? Is my Chrome browser infected with virus? Which makes me always bothered with the "EXTRA" captcha

:)

Tsw88, Nov 1, 2018
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Nov 1, 2018
  3. E MGreen Win User
    How do you resolution a M/S block due to Malware / Spyware in Windows 10?

After doing a Bing search in my Chrome browser and review a site for its latest SCAMs for "Get720.com." My computer froze and a warning screen appeared saying I was infected with spyware and my personal information was being transmitted onto the internet.
    I just had signed into the system & it had completed a Norton background scan and found no problems before doing the Chrome Browser search. I quickly unplugged the system since I could NOT close the browser nor get to the shutdown button. I'm using my backup
    system to even send this message.

The next step to open the system back up and clean the system of the spyware/virus is unclear. Should I open the Window 10 back up? If so, How do i remove the spyware without having it start sending my information onto the internet?

Any suggestion on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated,

Marie Green.

E MGreen, Nov 1, 2018
  4. Rhina Vib Win User

Virus and spyware definitions couldn't be updated.

Hi Ogunmola,

There are several possible reasons why you are unable to update your virus and spyware definitions in Windows 10. The most common cause is internet connectivity. If you are online, it can be caused by conflicts with the settings in Windows Internet Explorer.

For us to better assist you with this concern, we need to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are there issues with the internet connection?
    • Are you getting any error messages? Can you send a screenshot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For steps to help resolve this issue with updating the virus and spyware definitions, you can refer to
    Giridhar J's post on this
    link

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Is my chrome browser infected with virus / spyware etc?? - Similar Threads - chrome browser infected

2. Suspect infection with Spyware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspect infection with Spyware: I switched to Windows 11 and upon startup recieved a SYSTEM warning that there was an active screen reader with no Unknown file location. Upon entering my Event Viewer I immediatly noticed activity and shared files, photos, password's and so on had taken place. I researched...
  3. I might be infected with Spyware.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I might be infected with Spyware.: [ATTACH] Hello, recently I got Forza Horizon 3 and as you know it doesn't work with version 1909 of windows, and stuff, I got a fix that ,,fixes'' the game, it worked fine, it did open, it did something to the Forza Horizon, but I restarded my laptop and I wanted to listen...
  4. Important Question About Spyware/Virus: Can .MP4 Files Be Infected?

Important Question About Spyware/Virus: Can .MP4 Files Be Infected?: Hi all, Sorry to ask such a basic question, but I know people are always inventing new spyware/viruses so I just wanted to check if it was possible for an .MP4 file to be infected with a virus? I've always thought .MP4 files and other video formats were 100% safe, but is...
  5. Important Question About Spyware/Virus: Can .MP4 Files Be Infected?

in Windows 10 Support
    Important Question About Spyware/Virus: Can .MP4 Files Be Infected?: Hi all, Sorry to ask such a basic question, but I know people are always inventing new spyware/viruses so I just wanted to check if it was possible for an .MP4 file to be infected with a virus? I've always thought .MP4 files and other video formats were 100% safe, but is...
  6. Virus and spyware

Virus and spyware: Can malware be updated without the purchase of virus and spyware defender?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-spyware/02d9616b-3c0a-4a6b-a71b-08d546770048
  7. How to check a thumb drive for virus/keylogger/ spyware/etc ?

How to check a thumb drive for virus/keylogger/ spyware/etc ?: How to check a thumb drive for virus/keylogger/ spyware/etc ? Are there instructions posted somewhere ? Thank you all. I'm using windows 10 pro if it matters 151477
  8. How to check a thumb drive for virus/keylogger/ spyware/etc ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to check a thumb drive for virus/keylogger/ spyware/etc ?: How to check a thumb drive for virus/keylogger/ spyware/etc ? Are there instructions posted somewhere ? Thank you all. I'm using windows 10 pro if it matters 151477
  9. virus /SPYWARE ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    virus /SPYWARE ?: WHAT is KMS GUI ELDI on my system ,it shows up now an again it cant be deleted or uninstalled an does not show up in listing under microsoft .help ??...
  10. Is this a Virus or Spyware?

Is this a Virus or Spyware?: I tried Revo Uninstaller but it couldn't find Nox App Player, so I installed it again and used Revo to uninstall it but no results. Well, are you familiar with Regedit? Win+R+regedit.exe. Search for Nox_unload.exe + nox + nox player. Click F3 each time to reach the end of...