Windows 10: Is my computer acting up ?

Discus and support Is my computer acting up ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Forum's front page icons are all in pale green. Is that my computer's problem ? [img] 124326 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davidhk, Dec 28, 2018.

1. davidhk Win User

Is my computer acting up ?

Forum's front page icons are all in pale green.

Is that my computer's problem ?

Is my computer acting up ? [​IMG]

:)

davidhk, Dec 28, 2018

2. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Windows hello acting wierd

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the Camera working properly in other Apps (Camera/Skype)?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Get back to us with the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Aquinus Win User

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Is my computer acting up ? - Similar Threads - computer acting

2. My computer says it's connected to the internet but everything acts as if I don't have any.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer says it's connected to the internet but everything acts as if I don't have any.: My computer running on windows 11 has had almost no problems up to this point. Today I turned it on and wifi just won't work. It says my wifi is "connected, secured" but when I try to use any of my browsers or apps it tells me I have no connection. I have tried to...
  3. My computer says it's connected to the internet but everything acts as if I don't have any.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer says it's connected to the internet but everything acts as if I don't have any.: My computer running on windows 11 has had almost no problems up to this point. Today I turned it on and wifi just won't work. It says my wifi is "connected, secured" but when I try to use any of my browsers or apps it tells me I have no connection. I have tried to...
  4. Is being locked out of your own computer an act of harassment?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is being locked out of your own computer an act of harassment?: PLEASE accept my apologies for the size of this note! My Father has been locked out of his laptop and now his microsoft account as well. Every time he tried logging into it MS would ask for the password and then say it was the wrong one. I and several others have witnessed...
  5. Is being locked out of your own computer an act of harassment?

Is being locked out of your own computer an act of harassment?: PLEASE accept my apologies for the size of this note! My Father has been locked out of his laptop and now his microsoft account as well. Every time he tried logging into it MS would ask for the password and then say it was the wrong one. I and several others have witnessed...
  6. Why is my computer acting up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer acting up.: I have this PC, and it just makes a ton of robot noises and stutters whenever I run a game that requires the computer to work. I tried resetting the whole thing fresh, tried changing the power settings, system restore, tried mostly everything. I think it is a latency issue...
  7. Why is my computer acting up.

Why is my computer acting up.: I have this PC, and it just makes a ton of robot noises and stutters whenever I run a game that requires the computer to work. I tried resetting the whole thing fresh, tried changing the power settings, system restore, tried mostly everything. I think it is a latency issue...
  8. Why is my computer acting up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. The screen time limits on my computer are acting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The screen time limits on my computer are acting up: My parents have set a time limit on my computer, last night I forgot to sign out and close it and this morning I found that even though it had been on the screen where it showed that I had opened it before the downtime ran up, it said that I had used my six hours when I...
  10. The screen time limits on my computer are acting up

The screen time limits on my computer are acting up: My parents have set a time limit on my computer, last night I forgot to sign out and close it and this morning I found that even though it had been on the screen where it showed that I had opened it before the downtime ran up, it said that I had used my six hours when I...