Windows 10: Is my computer dual booted with the same windows license?

Discus and support Is my computer dual booted with the same windows license? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So, I bought a laptop with preinstalled windows 10 on HDD. Now, I recently had an SSD installed on my laptop. But I am confused as to how I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/original-feed, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Is my computer dual booted with the same windows license?

Is my computer dual booted with the same windows license? 6V6kmFV9ThFbKYOAHTiaFe_Hb9y5_30U-7pfRrSPhHA.jpg

So, I bought a laptop with preinstalled windows 10 on HDD. Now, I recently had an SSD installed on my laptop. But I am confused as to how I have the same win 10 on both drive C and D (with different data and settings ). Does someone have any idea what's happening over here? Is it safe to format Drive D now That I am using C, or do I have to do something else in order to properly remove the old windows data?

I have C as the primary Windows drive

But D also has the old win data and is bootable

submitted by /u/original-feed
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/original-feed, Feb 23, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 23, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Is my computer dual booted with the same windows license?

Performing Dual boot on the computer (Windows 10 and windows xp).

Hi Vaibhav,

You will not face any system performance issues on performing dual boot by loading older Windows version first (Windows XP) and then the latest Windows version (Windows 10) on the computer.

To perform dual boot on the computer, you first have to create partitions to load both the OS onto the drives. Create disk partition by following the steps below and perform dual boot on the computer.

• Press Windows logo + R keys on the keyboard to open
      Run command, type diskmgmt.msc and press
      Enter.

• Right click on OS(CIs my computer dual booted with the same windows license? :) hard drive and select
      Shrink Volume.

• Allocate the disk space in MB and click on
      Shrink. An Unallocated drive will be created.

• Right click on the Unallocated drive and select
      New Simple Volume option. Follow the onscreen instructions and provide a drive name/letter in the process.

• Perform dual boot and check if the issue is resolved on the computer.

Write to us with the status of performing dual boot on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Is my computer dual booted with the same windows license?

1. Is my computer dual booted with the same windows license? - Similar Threads - computer dual booted

2. Dual Boot with same windows Product key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Boot with same windows Product key.: I have setup a PC with dual boot windows 10 professional . This pc has its own OEM product key for windows 10 professional.in here can i use the same product key on both windows 10 ?...
  3. Dual Boot with same windows Product key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual Boot with same windows Product key.: I have setup a PC with dual boot windows 10 professional . This pc has its own OEM product key for windows 10 professional.in here can i use the same product key on both windows 10 ?...
  4. Can I dual-boot Win10/Win10 on the same machine with the same Windows License?

Can I dual-boot Win10/Win10 on the same machine with the same Windows License?: A few years ago I built a Ryzen 7 1700/Asus Rog mATX system. I decided to upgrade to a B550/Ryzen 5600X just swapping out the Motherboard/CPU and adding a new GEN4 m.2SSD. I want to dual-boot Win10/Win10, with my current system m.2 SSD, with all my software and clean Windows...
  5. Can I dual-boot Win10/Win10 on the same machine with the same Windows License?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I dual-boot Win10/Win10 on the same machine with the same Windows License?: A few years ago I built a Ryzen 7 1700/Asus Rog mATX system. I decided to upgrade to a B550/Ryzen 5600X just swapping out the Motherboard/CPU and adding a new GEN4 m.2SSD. I want to dual-boot Win10/Win10, with my current system m.2 SSD, with all my software and clean Windows...
  6. Can I dual-boot Win10/Win10 on the same machine with the same Windows License?

7. Activate Windows on dual boot with the same license key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows on dual boot with the same license key?: Can I activate both Windows 10 and Windows 11 dual boot on 1 computer with the same license key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-on-dual-boot-with-the-same/198655be-ab87-4f23-bee3-d4ac335d65e0
  8. Activate Windows on dual boot with the same license key?

Activate Windows on dual boot with the same license key?: Can I activate both Windows 10 and Windows 11 dual boot on 1 computer with the same license key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-on-dual-boot-with-the-same/198655be-ab87-4f23-bee3-d4ac335d65e0
  9. Dual Boot with same Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot with same Windows 10: I have a laptop with an SSD and a HDD. Windows is booted on the SSD and I read that SSDs dont last very long and was thinking when the SSD wont work anymore, I wont be able to use the laptop. So I wondered if I could partition the HDD and install the same Windows 10 on it...
  10. Windows 10 on dual-boot license

Windows 10 on dual-boot license: I have a custom-built computer with a full copy of Windows 10 Pro. It's not an OEM license. I installed Linux in a partition and now I dual-boot. Most of the time, I prefer to run Linux. Can I use my Windows 10 license in a virtual machine while I'm running Linux?...