Windows 10: Is my CPU usage and memory usage "normal"?

Discus and support Is my CPU usage and memory usage "normal"? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My CPU usage is going unstable and is going all over the place when I open programs like firefox. It can go up to 60% when I do something simple like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by duderox123, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Is my CPU usage and memory usage "normal"?

My CPU usage is going unstable and is going all over the place when I open programs like firefox. It can go up to 60% when I do something simple like play a video.

On the other hand, my memory is always at 40%+ and this is actually stable
    Here is a pic.

Is my CPU usage and memory usage "normal"? [​IMG]

The fact that malwarebytes is not even scanning (which takes 98% usage) and is hopping usages randomly makes it seem like its a problem. Firefox is also changing usages every second

:)

duderox123, Jan 22, 2017

2. Can I end my system and compressed memory NT Kernel & System

this task is high CPU usage .. and high memory usage

sengaloun sounthaly, Jan 22, 2017
  3. High memory usage WIndows 10.

I have this same issue but its high Memory/RAM usage not CPU usage. My top memory usage is "System" and sometimes I'll get up to 97% usage and just have to restart this happens probably once a day. I can't run Photoshop on my PC at all because it spikes
    to 100% usage and crashes.

SylessNecole, Jan 22, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Is my CPU usage and memory usage "normal"?

My Firefox is freduently changing, also is the Ethernet, probably about the same times. I have to keep in mind that the amount of memory/RAM is static, never changing, while the use of the RAM is dynamic, always changing. Same for the CPU, usage is always changing. With 8GB RAM I seldom see the usage at more than about half which is good, means everything is working. Now if I was getting frequent lockups I probably would keep Task Manager open to see what happens when it happens, try to get a clue as to which way to go to correct a problem.

Berton, Jan 22, 2017
  5. I know this is answered but I noticed you have 6gb of ram on a dual channel mobo - MSI MS-7906 Orchid.

What ram are you using - size / mhz ?

RoadBlaster, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Is my CPU usage and memory usage "normal"?

1. Is my CPU usage and memory usage "normal"? - Similar Threads - CPU usage memory

2. Is this memory usage normal for my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this memory usage normal for my pc?: my dad brought a laptop of his friend to me recently and i was asked to remove a trojan in it. When i opened the laptop, it was connected to the same network that my pc is in, the one im currently writing in. I know it sounds stupid but i got a little paranoid, and i wanted...
  3. Is this memory usage normal for my pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this memory usage normal for my pc?: my dad brought a laptop of his friend to me recently and i was asked to remove a trojan in it. When i opened the laptop, it was connected to the same network that my pc is in, the one im currently writing in. I know it sounds stupid but i got a little paranoid, and i wanted...
  4. High memory and cpu usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    High memory and cpu usage: Never had this happen to me before. My memory and cpu usage is higher than normal, task manager says that my memory usage is 60% on idle. It's usually about 20 or 30, my cpu is 10% on idle and it spikes to 60 sometimes. When I open a game or browser they get significantly...
  5. 30% cpu usage % 60% ram usage on normal use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    30% cpu usage % 60% ram usage on normal use: using a dell xps 13 -2018 model with i5 and 8gb rab. whenever im using zoom, or jus browsing web, there is a general lag in the computer and its not due to a weak internet connection, the lag is with the graphics. in task manager, the cpu is regularly around 30% and the...
  6. CPU/Memory/Disk Usage at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU/Memory/Disk Usage at 100%: Whenever I run any program on my laptop, my disk usage, along with CPU and memory usage shoot up to 100%. Even without running any programs, task manager still shows them operating at around 60-70%. I have tried every other online solution with no success whatsoever....
  7. Cpu usage spikes on idle ? Is that normal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cpu usage spikes on idle ? Is that normal: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jsschrist [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/emcky9/cpu_usage_spikes_on_idle_is_that_normal/
  8. High CPU, Memory & Disk Usage

High CPU, Memory & Disk Usage: Hello Microsoft! I am new to post here so please don't kill me if I am doing wrong things here. I am in dire need of some tech support. I am becoming upset of what is happening with my laptop now. It responds so slow and often displays "not responding". My works were already...
  9. CPU and Memory usage

CPU and Memory usage: Hello. I've been using Windows 10 for quite some while and it was fanrtastic, but my PC started to get slower and slower every day. I decided to check Task Manager and I saw that the CPU usage was at 100% and the Memory usage was at 80%. I did a quick clean to my components...
  10. memory and cpu usage.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    memory and cpu usage.: What is the normal Memory and Cpu Usage percentage for my laptop. my processor is Intel i7-4500 CPU @ 1.80GHz (4CPus), ~2.4Ghz and my RAM is 8.00GB 18275