Windows 10: Is My Drive C: Corrupted?

Discus and support Is My Drive C: Corrupted? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, recently when I booted up my PC it has been showing "To skip disk checking, press any key" on the boot screen and then shows "Scanning and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Der_, May 5, 2021.

1. Der_ Win User

Is My Drive C: Corrupted?

Hi, recently when I booted up my PC it has been showing "To skip disk checking, press any key" on the boot screen and then shows "Scanning and Repairing Drive C:" . And when it finished the system booted up like normal. But it shows up on every boot and now I'm a little concerned whether my Drive C: is corrupted or not. So I checked the Error Checking tool on File Explorer and saw this first pic. After seeing that message I clicked the "Repair drive" option and followed the instructions. After restarting the system I opened Error Checking again and it still says "Repair this

:)

Der_, May 5, 2021

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, May 5, 2021
  3. Jacee Win User
    C: Drive disk cleanup

I've already done your suggestions....... yep, need a bigger drive for C: suppose!

Jacee, May 5, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Is My Drive C: Corrupted? - Similar Threads - Drive Corrupted

2. Install win11 on SSD drive... Corrupts when upgrading on SSD drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install win11 on SSD drive... Corrupts when upgrading on SSD drive: I have a windows 11 notebook.. further win 11 upgrade corrupted my SSD drive. Now it boots to a notebook which says there is no network hardware in notebook. I am furious that a Microsoft "ambassador" led me down a path to no results, said he was transferring me to technical...
  3. Install win11 on SSD drive... Corrupts when upgrading on SSD drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install win11 on SSD drive... Corrupts when upgrading on SSD drive: I have a windows 11 notebook.. further win 11 upgrade corrupted my SSD drive. Now it boots to a notebook which says there is no network hardware in notebook. I am furious that a Microsoft "ambassador" led me down a path to no results, said he was transferring me to technical...
  4. External Seagate Hard Drive 100% read and write, possible corruption?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Seagate Hard Drive 100% read and write, possible corruption?: Hello there, I am having trouble with my External Seagate Backup Plus Portable Drive 1 TB Blue, it keeps freezing at times and when I check Task Manager, it shows 100% on the read and write. I suspect the drive maybe corrupted so I ran chkdsk. It ran for a couple of days...
  5. External Seagate Hard Drive 100% read and write, possible corruption?

External Seagate Hard Drive 100% read and write, possible corruption?: Hello there, I am having trouble with my External Seagate Backup Plus Portable Drive 1 TB Blue, it keeps freezing at times and when I check Task Manager, it shows 100% on the read and write. I suspect the drive maybe corrupted so I ran chkdsk. It ran for a couple of days...
  6. External Seagate Hard Drive 100% read and write, possible corruption?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. System getting corrupted on every drive and installation. Healthy Hardware. Should I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System getting corrupted on every drive and installation. Healthy Hardware. Should I...: SYNOPSIS Every single Windows 11 installation keeps getting heavily corrupted if it gets to install properly at all even after performing a clean install, format, clean command on DiskPart; cleaning, formatting a clean installing on a different new* disk that was not even in...
  8. System getting corrupted on every drive and installation. Healthy Hardware. Should I...

System getting corrupted on every drive and installation. Healthy Hardware. Should I...: SYNOPSIS Every single Windows 11 installation keeps getting heavily corrupted if it gets to install properly at all even after performing a clean install, format, clean command on DiskPart; cleaning, formatting a clean installing on a different new* disk that was not even in...
  9. Regarding recycle bin corrupted external drive has anyone noticed the fact it only occurs...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding recycle bin corrupted external drive has anyone noticed the fact it only occurs...: Suspect this is a permission issue because ids like .849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B appear in OneDrive Permissions and also in eg E: drive permissions. Trying to eliminate the by editing permissions brings no success.State will revert down the line. Also suspect MS...
  10. Regarding recycle bin corrupted external drive has anyone noticed the fact it only occurs...

Regarding recycle bin corrupted external drive has anyone noticed the fact it only occurs...: Suspect this is a permission issue because ids like .849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B appear in OneDrive Permissions and also in eg E: drive permissions. Trying to eliminate the by editing permissions brings no success.State will revert down the line. Also suspect MS...