Windows 10: Is my Firewall ON or OFF? Why this Notification?

Discus and support Is my Firewall ON or OFF? Why this Notification? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm running Win10 Pro,2004, Build 19041.572,with default Windows Defender and no 3rd party AV or Firewall I've had the same policy unchanged for ages,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by spilly, Nov 6, 2020.

1. spilly Win User

Is my Firewall ON or OFF? Why this Notification?

I'm running Win10 Pro,2004, Build 19041.572,with default Windows Defender and no 3rd party AV or Firewall
    I've had the same policy unchanged for ages, except that...
    I recently trialled MalwareBytes. I didn't get on with it that well and soon uninstalled it.

I was also persuaded to try another MB product; can't remember details, but I think it was a browser extension.
    I turned that off when it barred the late Chip Pearson's website (where Excel buffs can mine 100% pure gold VBA code. His website is 110% kosher; and MB should not be blacklisted IMO.
    It's ill intentioned people that's the problem, not Chip's wonderfully documented examples.).
    So the browser extension got promptly booted out too.

Neither Apps nor Control Panel now show any trace of MB, nor is there a top level folder in Program Files or x86

But Since MB I get this notification to turn on Windows Firewall after every re-boot

Is my Firewall ON or OFF? Why this Notification? [​IMG]

and I also see this

Reading other threads here, I suspect the MB uninstall was not complete, and has left traces of when it was top-dog firewall.

Can anyone help me return to Plain Vanilla Windows Defender?

I lead a very cautious and blameless life, and believe my activities are pretty risk-free

:)

spilly, Nov 6, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    How do I stop firewall and antivirus notification?!?!

Hi,

To disable the firewall notification, follow these steps:

• On the search tab, type
      Security and Maintenance.

• Choose
      Change Security and Maintenance settings.

• Uncheck
      the notifications that you don't want to pop-up.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Is my Firewall ON or OFF? Why this Notification?

How to stop "Check Firewall Status" notifications?

Windows 10 continually harasses me about the firewall, posting a "Check Firewall Status" notification multiple times per day, even though my firewall settings are controlled by a domain policy, they are fine and there is no problem, and
    I can't do a darned thing about the settings.

So far I have:

• Turned off "Security and Maintenance" notifications in the Settings -> Notifications & Actions panel.
    • Turned off "Messages about network firewall" in Control Panel -> Security and Maintenance.
    • Turned off "Messages about Internet security settings" in Control Panel -> Security and Maintenance.

I'm afraid I may be disabling important stuff I need, just in order to stop Action Center from constantly begging for my attention because of a useless, time-wasting notification. In fact today I took the sub-optimal step of hiding Action Center, because
    so far it has only ever shown worthless notifications. I hope there never is a real notification I should see...

Has anyone ever found one correct way to stop the "Check Firewall Status" notification? Failing that, is there a way to write a program to watch for and clear a notification, based on its message text, as soon as it arrives?

Charles_Jenkins, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Is my Firewall ON or OFF? Why this Notification?

1. Is my Firewall ON or OFF? Why this Notification? - Similar Threads - Firewall OFF Why

2. Comodo Firewall Notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Comodo Firewall Notification: When I go ahead and try to install Comodo Firewall i get a PUP block form Microsoft defender and Malwarebytes. Has anyone seen this before or know anything about it?...
  3. Windows Firewall notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Firewall notifications: I've installed TinyWall Firewall and disabled Windows Firewall. However, every time I restart the computer I'm getting a request to start Windows Firewall. How do I stop these messages? I'm using Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19042...
  4. How to turn off notification that Windows Firewall is off?

How to turn off notification that Windows Firewall is off?: 1. Since our Windows 10-Home is on a router I've been told that I don't need to have the Windows Firewall On. Assuming that is still true, how do I turn off the warning message that the firewall is off? 2. How do I get the Malwarebyes icon to be pinned to the always visible...
  5. Windows firewall turned off notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows firewall turned off notification: My question is how do i stop seeing this notification everytime i turn on my pc? It pops on like the 3rd minute on every boot and it's a little annoying and i know i got it turned off. [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows Firewall notifications

Windows Firewall notifications: It is impossible to turn off the firewall notifications in Windows 10 Build 1903. In January, I asked: "When is Microsoft going to fix the bug in Build 1809 that makes the firewall notifications IMPOSSIBLE to turn off?" A. User replied with a an option to turn off all...
  7. Annoying Firewall/Security/Network protection off notifications

Annoying Firewall/Security/Network protection off notifications: They are not actually turned off according to the third party app I am using. I am attaching a screenshot to make it more clear:[IMG] Thank you for your help....
  8. Windows Firewall notifications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall notifications: When is Microsoft going to fix the bug in Build 1809 that makes the firewall notifications IMPOSSIBLE to turn off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-firewall-notifications/3647f407-b69c-4fe8-a12f-8374baac0549
  9. Disabling Firewall notifications in 1809?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disabling Firewall notifications in 1809?: I notice that after update to 1809 Windows resumed posting notifications about my Windows Firewall's being turned off. I tried several methods of disabling this notification found on the Net, including making changes under...
  10. Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall Notifications in Windows 10 Windows Security will send notifications with critical information about the health and security of your device. You...