Windows 10: Is my gpu bad?

Discus and support Is my gpu bad? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; It crashed during a game. Wasn't overclocked but i bought it used less than a month ago from ebay. Luckily it has a warranty. It looks fine in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by gettheclicker, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Is my gpu bad?

It crashed during a game. Wasn't overclocked but i bought it used less than a month ago from ebay. Luckily it has a warranty. It looks fine in the driverless 800x600 resolution but when i change to 1080p i get artifacts all over the place. No audio anymore either. I used driver sweeper and reinstalled to still have the same visual issues.

:)

gettheclicker, Mar 17, 2020
  2. axe0 Win User

B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

3. DaveM121 Win User
    GPU

Hi Michael

Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

Expand the Display Adapters section

You should see your GPU listed, along with possibly an integrated graphics option

If that is no listed there:

Boot into BIOS (start your system, then on the manufacturers screen, repeatedly press the appropriate key (usually F2) to enter BIOS

Under System Information, you should find your GPU listed

If you still cannot find the GPU listing, what is the Make and exact Model No. of your PC - that will be printed on a sticker on the bottom casing . ..

DaveM121, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Zeond1987 Win User

Is my gpu bad?

Is there a way to force a program to use a secondary GPU?

I have 2 GPU's (Nvidia GTX 970 and 1080) and I want to force a program to use the 1080 for certain programs/games. Going to Settings>System>Display>Graphics Settings should give me the option to switch GPU's. Unfortunately it does not list both of my GPU's
    nor does it allow me to change to another one, only the default GPU is chosen (the 970). This is a desktop computer and I have tried the Nvidia control panel and UEFI settings without much luck. If I tried selecting a program to run on my 1080 (through the
    Nvidia control panel), it would still run it on the 970. I have tried switching the GPU's around with not much luck there either. If I can suggest to Microsoft the option in the Graphics Settings to list both GPU's for selection, that would be great. Otherwise
    I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Zeond1987, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Is my gpu bad?

1. Is my gpu bad? - Similar Threads - gpu bad

2. Performance Issues - Bad frame times and low GPU usage when near players in games - ASUS...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Performance Issues - Bad frame times and low GPU usage when near players in games - ASUS...: Hi there,When I play Fortnite, and it probably happens in other games, my games GPU usage is high when I am not near players in a location. But when I get near players, you would think it would go up, but it goes down for some reason, from about 90%-99% to about 60-75%. And...
  3. Performance Issues - Bad frame times and low GPU usage when near players in games - ASUS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performance Issues - Bad frame times and low GPU usage when near players in games - ASUS...: Hi there,When I play Fortnite, and it probably happens in other games, my games GPU usage is high when I am not near players in a location. But when I get near players, you would think it would go up, but it goes down for some reason, from about 90%-99% to about 60-75%. And...
  4. is it bad that my gpu and mem clock are max all the time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it bad that my gpu and mem clock are max all the time?: yesterday, i watched a tutorial online on how to increase performance while gaming. the video made me do some changes and made me create a restore point before the changes if anything goes bad. this night, i noticed that my gpu clock was at 1807MHz and my mem clock was at...
  5. is it bad that my gpu and mem clock are max all the time?

is it bad that my gpu and mem clock are max all the time?: yesterday, i watched a tutorial online on how to increase performance while gaming. the video made me do some changes and made me create a restore point before the changes if anything goes bad. this night, i noticed that my gpu clock was at 1807MHz and my mem clock was at...
  6. My gpu clock and mem clock are at max at idle. is it bad and should i do something to fix it?

My gpu clock and mem clock are at max at idle. is it bad and should i do something to fix it?: yesterday, i watched a tutorial online on how to increase performance on games such as ready or not, etc. and i gone through some steps and ended up with a somewhat smooth gaming experience. my gpu temp was 68 at max and didnt go above 70 degrees C. this nigght however, i...
  7. My gpu clock and mem clock are at max at idle. is it bad and should i do something to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My gpu clock and mem clock are at max at idle. is it bad and should i do something to fix it?: yesterday, i watched a tutorial online on how to increase performance on games such as ready or not, etc. and i gone through some steps and ended up with a somewhat smooth gaming experience. my gpu temp was 68 at max and didnt go above 70 degrees C. this nigght however, i...
  8. low gpu usage/bad fps on some games and high gpu usage/good fps on ther games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    low gpu usage/bad fps on some games and high gpu usage/good fps on ther games: I get around 20%-30% gpu usage playing minecraft, which gives me pretty bad fps around 60-80 and on other games I get 80%-90% gpu usage and I get good fps.Ryzen 3700xRadeon 5700xt...
  9. what does gpu % mean is it good or bad in task manger

in Windows 10 Customization
    what does gpu % mean is it good or bad in task manger: is some games my gpu % is low and some high it high good or bad gpu 30 % bad or good please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-gpu-mean-is-it-good-or-bad-in-task/b7bccc09-3136-48f3-afd9-10dd4649c498
  10. Bad performance after upgrading GPU. Desperate.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bad performance after upgrading GPU. Desperate.: I’ve tried everything and nothing seems to work. I upgraded my GPU from an RX470 to an RX580 and I’m having issues. The OS is choppy, animations are not smooth at all, and games dont run higher than 40 fps anymore. I’ve reinstalled the drivers several times, tried different...