Windows 10: Is my gpu bad?

Discus and support Is my gpu bad? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; It crashed during a game. Wasn't overclocked but i bought it used less than a month ago from ebay. Luckily it has a warranty. It looks fine in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by gettheclicker, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Is my gpu bad?

It crashed during a game. Wasn't overclocked but i bought it used less than a month ago from ebay. Luckily it has a warranty. It looks fine in the driverless 800x600 resolution but when i change to 1080p i get artifacts all over the place. No audio anymore either. I used driver sweeper and reinstalled to still have the same visual issues.

:)

gettheclicker, Mar 17, 2020
  2. axe0 Win User

B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

3. DaveM121 Win User
    GPU

Hi Michael

Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

Expand the Display Adapters section

You should see your GPU listed, along with possibly an integrated graphics option

If that is no listed there:

Boot into BIOS (start your system, then on the manufacturers screen, repeatedly press the appropriate key (usually F2) to enter BIOS

Under System Information, you should find your GPU listed

If you still cannot find the GPU listing, what is the Make and exact Model No. of your PC - that will be printed on a sticker on the bottom casing . ..

DaveM121, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Zeond1987 Win User

Is my gpu bad?

Is there a way to force a program to use a secondary GPU?

I have 2 GPU's (Nvidia GTX 970 and 1080) and I want to force a program to use the 1080 for certain programs/games. Going to Settings>System>Display>Graphics Settings should give me the option to switch GPU's. Unfortunately it does not list both of my GPU's
    nor does it allow me to change to another one, only the default GPU is chosen (the 970). This is a desktop computer and I have tried the Nvidia control panel and UEFI settings without much luck. If I tried selecting a program to run on my 1080 (through the
    Nvidia control panel), it would still run it on the 970. I have tried switching the GPU's around with not much luck there either. If I can suggest to Microsoft the option in the Graphics Settings to list both GPU's for selection, that would be great. Otherwise
    I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Zeond1987, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Is my gpu bad?

1. Is my gpu bad? - Similar Threads - gpu bad

2. Dell XPS 9570 Nvidia GPU won't work (error 43)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell XPS 9570 Nvidia GPU won't work (error 43): Problem is as described in the title. I'm getting an error 43 and I've tried quite literally everything. I did a clean install, messed around with drivers, installed old versions, reflashed the BIOS, did numerous diagnostics tests, to no avail. The machine itself is in great...
  3. GPU Cache and debug log folders appear on desktop after installing Intuit Turbotax Standard...

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPU Cache and debug log folders appear on desktop after installing Intuit Turbotax Standard...: After installing Turbotax Standard 2019 using the installation CD, two folders have appeared on my desktop, one called GPU cache and the other is a debug log. The debug log seems to hold items pertaining to each failed attempt to register the product with the manufacturer....
  4. Can you use a ddr3 gpu in a ddr2 pc?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can you use a ddr3 gpu in a ddr2 pc?: I have a Dell optiplex 755 tower that I was hoping to use my Nvidia nvs 310 low profile card in but I'm getting the message that my Dell won't take it do to no graphic signal to my monitor and I noticed the PC fan is using more rpms then usual (based on sound) Things I've...
  5. Is there a way to stop my gpu from maxing out/to use more memory (running bootcamp windows 10)

Is there a way to stop my gpu from maxing out/to use more memory (running bootcamp windows 10): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RZAXs_bench [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fox7j4/is_there_a_way_to_stop_my_gpu_from_maxing_outto/
  6. PC Not Recognizing GPU / Can't Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC Not Recognizing GPU / Can't Update: I recently formatted my PC and now Windows is not recognizing my GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Ti. The only devices that show up in Device Manager are "Intel HD Graphics" and "Video Controller VGA Compatible." In dxdiag, the display device is listed as "Microsoft Basic Display...
  7. GPU not detected after clean windows install. GPU showing image on display.

GPU not detected after clean windows install. GPU showing image on display.: I made a clean installation of windows on my perfectly working pc to get it back to stock before selling it. Did the typical partition erasing and all of the stuff, all seemed to work fine. Once I got it set up I tried to get my display drivers and it did not let me install...
  8. Installed new drivers for gpu, now ,y headset wont be recognized in the control panel

Installed new drivers for gpu, now ,y headset wont be recognized in the control panel: downloaded amd drigvers but it seemed to have messed up my old audio drivers that register headsets https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-new-drivers-for-gpu-now-y-headset-wont/15944b0c-7cd3-418d-a486-7fe1172ee357
  9. Nvidia Inc Released new Geforce DCH & STANDARD Whql Driver v445.75 for notebooks gpu's &...

Nvidia Inc Released new Geforce DCH & STANDARD Whql Driver v445.75 for notebooks gpu's &...: Nvidia Inc Released new Geforce DCH & STANDARD Whql Driver v445.75 for notebooks GPUs & desktops GPUs to Windows 64bit on 23-03-2020. On 23th March 2020 Nvidia company has released the new Geforce DCH & STANDARD whql driver v442.74 for Windows 10 64 bit only On 23th...
  10. What uses more gpu power, 100% black color (#000000) or 100% transparency?

What uses more gpu power, 100% black color (#000000) or 100% transparency?: On windows task bar, and general graphical interface. submitted by /u/SuccumbedToFlame [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fnhzbt/what_uses_more_gpu_power_100_black_color_000000/