Windows 10: Is my GPU too old?

Discus and support Is my GPU too old? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there. A short while ago when I played games my pc got bsod, and I found the problem to be my cpu was wearing out from age after comparing symptoms... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JasonClaassen, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Is my GPU too old?

Hi there. A short while ago when I played games my pc got bsod, and I found the problem to be my cpu was wearing out from age after comparing symptoms and one time I noticed too late the temperature reached 100c for at least an hour. So I upgraded my pc with a cheap i5 4590. I tested again with Fallout 4, it played for 5 minutes before freezing at max 65'c, I closed the game and my pc froze for a bit before bluescreening. Critical process died.Since my cpu is brand new, RAM is working. It's either my GPU or my Power supply can't handle the increased load of my GPU, even though it used to be ab

:)

JasonClaassen, Nov 24, 2022

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Benchmark your old DX 11 GPUs

I would like to see more DX 11 GPUs added to this list to see how they compare
    Post your Final Fantasy XV Benchmark Results

Goals:
    GTX 580
    GTX 680
    TITAN V <-- not old but not in list
    HD 6970
    RX Vega 56 <-- not old but not in list

the goal gpus are not listed yet in benchmark and neither are most in between

T4C Fantasy, Nov 24, 2022
  4. axe0 Win User

Is my GPU too old?

B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

Thema:

Is my GPU too old?

1. Is my GPU too old? - Similar Threads - GPU too old

2. PC freezes after installation of new GPU and now with old GPU too

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes after installation of new GPU and now with old GPU too: Hi yesterday I bought the rtx 4060 ti after I installed it for about 3 hours everything went fine. I tested some games to look how much the performance improved. My specs:32gb rami7 14700K Rtx 4060 ti 8gbMainboard: Asus Prime Z790-P 14th gen ready650W PSUBut now my whole pc...
  3. PC freezes after installation of new GPU and now with old GPU too

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes after installation of new GPU and now with old GPU too: Hi yesterday I bought the rtx 4060 ti after I installed it for about 3 hours everything went fine. I tested some games to look how much the performance improved. My specs:32gb rami7 14700K Rtx 4060 ti 8gbMainboard: Asus Prime Z790-P 14th gen ready650W PSUBut now my whole pc...
  4. PC freezes after installation of new GPU and now with old GPU too

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. notskrnl.exe taking too much gpu

notskrnl.exe taking too much gpu: After upgrading my cpu from a ryzen 5 2600 to 5600, everytime I play a game, specially warzone. I get very high GPU usage from a system app which is ntoskrnl.exe, like around 20-60% of gpu is taken up and lowers my fps ingame by a large amount. this is the first time ive...
  6. Is my GPU too old?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my GPU too old?: Hi there. A short while ago when I played games my pc got bsod, and I found the problem to be my cpu was wearing out from age after comparing symptoms and one time I noticed too late the temperature reached 100c for at least an hour. So I upgraded my pc with a cheap i5 4590....
  7. Is my GPU too old?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my GPU too old?: Hi there. A short while ago when I played games my pc got bsod, and I found the problem to be my cpu was wearing out from age after comparing symptoms and one time I noticed too late the temperature reached 100c for at least an hour. So I upgraded my pc with a cheap i5 4590....
  8. dwm.exe using too much GPU

dwm.exe using too much GPU: I'm on a Lenovo Thinkpad P50s, which has an integrated Intel HD Graphics 520 GPU, and a dedicated NVIDIA Quadro M500M GPU. When I run some applications, such as Rainmeter, Chrome, or a game, the process "dwm.exe" Desktop Window Manager is using up to 70% of my integrated...
  9. too much shared memory with the gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    too much shared memory with the gpu: I recently upgraded my rig to 24 GB of RAM and I noticed windows increased the amount of shared memory for my gtx 1060 3 GB card. Bad enough the swap file eats up more of my SSD but this seems to be excessive at allocating 12 GB of shared memory. That is 50% of all of the...
  10. Is my scanner/printer just too old?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my scanner/printer just too old?: The device in question is a scanner/printer by Epson, the Stylus NX415. I bought it in March, 2010 and originally used it on my Win 7 laptop. I just bought a tower with Win 10 on it and am in dire need of a driver. I've already scoured Epson's site, but they have everything...