Windows 10: Is my hard drive done?

Discus and support Is my hard drive done? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an old HP Pavillion desktop that has served me well but not good enough for Win 11, so, I bought a new AIO. I transferred the files I want from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by boongsongum, May 24, 2024.

1. Is my hard drive done?

I have an old HP Pavillion desktop that has served me well but not good enough for Win 11, so, I bought a new AIO. I transferred the files I want from the old one to One Drive and decided I wanted to wipe/format the old hard drive.Tried everything shown under Update and Security. Nothing worked. Tried inserting the System Recovery discs Win 7 and that didn't work. So I decided to use software to do that and downloaded Wipe Disk. No good. Said can't lock disc, system in use. Cutting to the chase, I got the error code 0xc0000225. Searched it and followed the instructions. No help. Did further

:)

boongsongum, May 24, 2024

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, May 24, 2024
  3. little cat, May 24, 2024
  4. Mathragh Win User

Is my hard drive done?

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, May 24, 2024
Thema:

Is my hard drive done?

1. Is my hard drive done? - Similar Threads - hard drive done

2. Is my hard drive done?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is my hard drive done?: I have an old HP Pavillion desktop that has served me well but not good enough for Win 11, so, I bought a new AIO. I transferred the files I want from the old one to One Drive and decided I wanted to wipe/format the old hard drive.Tried everything shown under Update and...
  3. Is my hard drive done?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my hard drive done?: I have an old HP Pavillion desktop that has served me well but not good enough for Win 11, so, I bought a new AIO. I transferred the files I want from the old one to One Drive and decided I wanted to wipe/format the old hard drive.Tried everything shown under Update and...
  4. I reset my pc and done the clear the hard drive option and there is no Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I reset my pc and done the clear the hard drive option and there is no Microsoft store: I reset my pc and done the clear the hard drive option and there is no Microsoft store there, Even when i type it up on the search bar and on settings there is no Microsoft store, I have tried pasting powershell commands to install it and CMD commands to register it or...
  5. I reset my pc and done the clear the hard drive option and there is no Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reset my pc and done the clear the hard drive option and there is no Microsoft store: I reset my pc and done the clear the hard drive option and there is no Microsoft store there, Even when i type it up on the search bar and on settings there is no Microsoft store, I have tried pasting powershell commands to install it and CMD commands to register it or...
  6. I reset my pc and done the clear the hard drive option and there is no Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My hard drive: So recently i decided to find out what type my drive is. On disk fragment it says i have a Hdd (Hard disk drive and in system information it says i have a standard state drive. Also, last time i checked disk fragment it says i have a solid state drive, so i am confused....
  8. back up my hard drive to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    back up my hard drive to an external hard drive: backing up my hard drive to external drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-my-hard-drive-to-an-external-hard-drive/322809a8-5ac9-408c-998d-8a2ecdcd1906
  9. My hard drive is not there

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My hard drive is not there: When I try to access files on it it shows D:\ is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive or the dis is inserted and then try again. if the location is on a network, make sure you're connected to the network or internet, and try again. If...
  10. My hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My hard drive: I recently looked at Disk Management on my windows 10 and it confuses me, Ive attached a screen shot of what is there. Questions and observations The SYSTEM RESERVED bit 100mb I understand as a bit of the hard disk that the computer uses - but what for? As for the others...