Windows 10: is my home network hacked? beginner on new surface goLte, home optus router

Discus and support is my home network hacked? beginner on new surface goLte, home optus router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Name: Local Area Connection* 3 Description: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #3 Physical address MAC: da:c4:97:c5:e3:e0 Status: Not operational... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SteveD-351, May 27, 2020.

1. is my home network hacked? beginner on new surface goLte, home optus router

Name: Local Area Connection* 3
    Description: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #3
    Physical address MAC: da:c4:97:c5:e3:e0
    Maximum transmission unit: 1500
    IPv4 address: 169.254.168.192/16
    IPv6 address: fe80::4c1b:83ad:4cb2:a8c0%3/64
    DNS servers: fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1, fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1, fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
    Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected

Name: Local Area Connection* 4
    Description: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #4
    Physical address MAC: ea:c4:97:c5:e3:e0
    IPv4 address: 169.254.44.192/16
    IPv6 address: fe80::1c1f:e726:1265:2cc0%21/64
    DNS servers: fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1, fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1, fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1

Name: WiFi 2
    Description: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter #2
    Physical address MAC: da:c4:95:c5:48:31
    Link speed Receive/Transmit: 144/144 Mbps
    DHCP enabled: Yes
    DHCP servers: 192.168.0.1
    DHCP lease obtained: ‎Wednesday, ‎27 ‎May ‎2020 7:29:49 PM
    DHCP lease expires: ‎Thursday, ‎28 ‎May ‎2020 7:29:49 PM
    IPv4 address: 192.168.0.8/24
    IPv6 address: fe80::1469:e9d4:a8d5:40a7%18/64
    Default gateway: 192.168.0.1
    DNS servers: 192.168.0.1
    DNS domain name: Home
    DNS connection suffix: Home
    DNS search suffix list:
    Network name: OPTUS_E3E7F5
    Network category: Public
    Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Connected to Internet / Connected to unknown network

Name: Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
    Description: Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter
    Physical address MAC: 00:00:00:00:00:00:00:e0
    Maximum transmission unit: 1280
    IPv6 address: 2001:0:2851:b9f0:249c:8b:fed6:a16c/64, fe80::249c:8b:fed6:a16c%26/64
    Default gateway: ::

Name: Mobile 2
    Description: Generic Mobile Broadband Adapter #2
    Physical address MAC: 8c:9d:8f:52:52:59
    IPv4 address: 169.254.208.145/16
    IPv6 address: fe80::bc0e:6f21:32e3:d091%34/64
    DNS servers: 10.143.147.147, 10.143.147.148

Name: Bluetooth Network Connection 2
    Description: Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network #2
    Physical address MAC: d8:c4:97:c5:e3:e1
    Maximum transmission unit: 0

:)

SteveD-351, May 27, 2020
  2. DeanHowe Win User

Network Data with New Router

I have changed out my Router, and now cannot get the NAS and Network Computers to show in My Network.

If I put the old router back in server they show again.

Where is there a place to delete the old router info, so the new router can provide the connections?

It appears the router MAC Address may be stored somewhere.

I have deleted the Network Adapter in the Device manager but still have not fixed the issue.

thanks for any suggestions or registery locations.

DeanHowe, May 27, 2020
  3. Router For Home Network

Yet another thread on needing a router guys *Roll :roll:

Welp moral of the story is my current router decided to kick the bucket and no longer turns on so I’m in need of a new one for the family needs. I have a list of routers I have looked at but I’m not very good with networking so wondering out of the options I listed is the best choice. Please no other recommendations *I Love TPU :lovetpu:

Options:

TP-Link AC1750
    TP-Link AC1350
    Linkys AC1200+
    Netgear AC1200

Durvelle27, May 27, 2020
  4. 24C
    24c Win User

is my home network hacked? beginner on new surface goLte, home optus router

Phantom router on network

Recently I've noticed a "phantom" router appearing in my network. The Belkin router is not mine, the Linksys is.

Properties of the Belkin router list serial number, MAC address, model number, model, manufacturer, but no IP address. It only shows up on my desktop, not the Pro 3's or HP laptop's File Explorer under Network.

Desktop is connected to network with a Netgear WNDA3100v3 N600 Dual Band USB Adapter - WPA2-PSK security type. Pro 3 and Laptop connect to network with their internal wireless connections

Haven't noticed any "strange" behavior, or usage, on my machines, but am curious as to why it is appearing in my network.

Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?

is my home network hacked?  beginner on new surface goLte, home optus router [​IMG]

Thema:

is my home network hacked? beginner on new surface goLte, home optus router

1. is my home network hacked? beginner on new surface goLte, home optus router - Similar Threads - home network hacked

2. Home Network Hacked and Hijacked Repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home Network Hacked and Hijacked Repeatedly: My home wifi system, which only has a few devices on it, has been repeatedly hijacked, monitored and hacked. At one point I am pretty sure they actually moved the admin role to a virtual system device. I delete their changes, reinstall Windows and they come back. I called...
  3. Home Network Hacked and Hijacked Repeatedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home Network Hacked and Hijacked Repeatedly: My home wifi system, which only has a few devices on it, has been repeatedly hijacked, monitored and hacked. At one point I am pretty sure they actually moved the admin role to a virtual system device. I delete their changes, reinstall Windows and they come back. I called...
  4. Home Network Hacked and Hijacked Repeatedly

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows can’t find my home router

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows can’t find my home router: I can see all the other routers of my neighbors but it won’t find mine. Just today I installed a WiFi card on my desktop and it worked fine enough to download Tor and Brave browsers, then nothing. I already checked and the problem is from Windows because with other OS’...
  6. New Modem-Router - Home Network (Device Access)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Modem-Router - Home Network (Device Access): I just bought a new/replacement modem-router this past week (Netgear N600 - C3700), and love it. I decided to also set up a private home network between my two desktop computers. I've always wanted to do this with my previous router, but just never did. I also connected an...
  7. Edge not opening Printer or Router Menus on local home network

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not opening Printer or Router Menus on local home network: My setup is ASUS Router for Home with 4 computers. Not sure when this happened but since using Windows 10 Ver 1809 (OS Build 17763.253) I Can connect to the ASUS router main menu by Name in Edge, but not using its IP address of 192.168.50.1. Also now clicking on My HP Laser...
  8. Need advice: Looking to buy new modem and router for my home

Need advice: Looking to buy new modem and router for my home: I'm looking to future proof the networking hardware for my home - but I can't find good recommendations. According to people's reviews (mostly on Amazon), either the modem or router doesn't last long, craps out frequently and requires frequent reboots - or the customer...
  9. How to secure your router and home network

How to secure your router and home network: Many computer users don't realize it, but for most people their internet router is the most important electronic device in their home. It links most of their other devices together and to the world, so it has a highly privileged position that hackers can exploit....
  10. Beginner question: difference between Home and Home N

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Beginner question: difference between Home and Home N: Which version should I pick and why? Does N version cost more? I'm doing a completely fresh install and I'm going to buy the license after the installation. Also I don't think a need the Pro version. Home or Home N [img] 33242