Windows 10: Is my Intel HD 530 driver up to date?

Discus and support Is my Intel HD 530 driver up to date? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; During a forum discussion elsewhere about video performance a puzzle has arisen. A friend has a brand new i5-6600K, Win 10, with Intel's own HD 530... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Terrypin, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Terrypin Win User

Is my Intel HD 530 driver up to date?

During a forum discussion elsewhere about video performance a puzzle has arisen. A friend has a brand new i5-6600K, Win 10, with Intel's own HD 530 Graphics, at driver version 21.20.16.4590.

My i7-6700K, Win 10 (bought April 2016), also with 530 graphics, has version 20.19.15.4474 dated June 2016.

Using Update Drivers from Device Manager, after the search I get told I already have the latest drivers.

Can anyone explain the apparent contradiction please?

EDIT:
    So meanwhile I used the Intel Graphics Update Utility which I found here
    http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

That indicated there were two more recent versions:

Is my Intel HD 530 driver up to date? [​IMG]

I installed the latest, which now matches my friend's: 21.20.16.4590.

So that leaves the oustanding question: why did Win 10 Pro believe my driver was up to date when in fact it was two versions old?

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

:)

Terrypin, Mar 5, 2017

2. Video_TDR_Failure (igdkmd64.sys)

I just checked to make sure that the drivers were up to date. the Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 was out to date. it is now updated. The NVIDIA GeFroce GTX 960M has not update available. According to properties the device is working properly. I will see if
    the update to the Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 fixes the issue.

JonathanLJ, Mar 5, 2017
  3. Windows Photos Not Working

I found a solution, however, this needs to be added as a windows update. I downloaded the latest Intel HD Graphics 530 driver from Intel and tried to install it, but it said that this driver was not suited for my computer and to check with my manufacturer
    for the latest driver. I forced installed the driver anyhow and the Windows Photo issues went away. Everything appears to be working just fine. This driver needs to be included as a windows update to HP Envy laptops with Intel HD Graphics 530 adapters installed.

Shayne Tennis, Mar 5, 2017
  4. Is my Intel HD 530 driver up to date?

Windows never updates to the "latest" available versions. It's quite common for Windows to play it safe with known working versions.

MS can't test/verify every new driver update . Often new versions are released before they can be 'validated'. It's always prudent to search out drivers yourself to have the latest.

SmartEyeball, Mar 5, 2017
  5. Terrypin Win User
    Thanks, understood. Appreciate the fast response.

Terrypin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Is my Intel HD 530 driver up to date?

1. Is my Intel HD 530 driver up to date? - Similar Threads - Intel 530 driver

2. Black screen after downloaded driver for Intel hd graphics 530

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after downloaded driver for Intel hd graphics 530: Hello, i recently reset my pc, but after all the driver install and specially the driver of iGPU the screen become black and never get, so i go in safe mode to see what was wrong and i uninstall the driver of my iGPU, whene i restart the laptop, the screen was back but on...
  3. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter preventing driver upgrade to Intel HD 530 and overriding...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Basic Display Adapter preventing driver upgrade to Intel HD 530 and overriding...: After upgrading to Windows 10 version 2004, build 19041.508 and then attempting to upgrade your automatically installed MBDA driver back to integrated Intel HD 530 driver, I would get a BSOD and would have to revert back to MBDA in safe mode to prevent BSOD's from continuing....
  4. Intel HD graphics 530 Driver

Intel HD graphics 530 Driver: I updated the driver for Intel HD graphics 530 Driver to a 2018 version from a 2017 version. I needed to do this for Adobe Premiere to work properly. After I install it everything is fine for maybe a day, then the next day I try to run Premiere again and it tells me to update...
  5. Intel HD Graphics 530 video card.

Intel HD Graphics 530 video card.: I updated my video driver because The new Adobe premiere said I had to to operate properly. I updated the driver, and then Adobe Premiere run fine. I went to open Premiere again I got the message again to update my driver. I checked the properties and the driver automatically...
  6. Is Intel HD graphic 530 a low end card?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is Intel HD graphic 530 a low end card?: My computer has build in intel HD graphic 530 and my game stutters when I goto town where there are alot of players. The game I play is called Ragnarok online. I been playing for over 15 years now. The game ran very smoothly on my Pentium 4 1.5GHz with 512MB of ram 15 years...
  7. Troubleshooting my intel HD graphics 530

Troubleshooting my intel HD graphics 530: Everything was working just fine until i installed the new corsair keyboard update software and then my monitor that is hooked up to the intel card stopped working after reboot. I have since then removed the corsair software and have also reinstalled the Geforce GPU drivers...
  8. Intel graphic card driver 530

Intel graphic card driver 530: Hi all , just found that my laptop doesn't wake up after I installed the inte display driver 530 , any ideas ? Thx 47430
  9. Intel hd graphic 530 wake up problems

Intel hd graphic 530 wake up problems: After installed Intel hd graphic 530 , laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode , already did reinstalled the driver but no luck , plz help 47822
  10. Intel i7 Intel® HD Graphics 530 or pci-e card ?

Intel i7 Intel® HD Graphics 530 or pci-e card ?: Hi there ! I will soon build new computer configuration and i'm using Windows 10 Pro 64bit version. At the moment i have Asus R5 230 pci-e 1gb DDR3 graphic card. So, my question here is, is it for example Intel i7 HD Graphics 530 enough for using just application...