Windows 10: Is my laptop at risk now?

Discus and support Is my laptop at risk now? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I seldom use my laptop, I remember the last time I use it was on April 2017, like 1.5 years from now. I then put it in a carry bag in a cool place... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tsw88, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Tsw88 Win User

Is my laptop at risk now?

I seldom use my laptop, I remember the last time I use it was on April 2017, like 1.5 years from now. I then put it in a carry bag in a cool place always.

However, the lithium battery wasn't removed.

My question is
    1. Is this lithium battery at risk of "leaking" or "going wrong"
    2. In case it's "leaking", how can I know? Is there any sign? Will it damage my laptop?
    3. Any sign I can see if a battery is not working correctly or losing its durability?

Heard some said keeping it 50% fully charged instead of 100% charged while storing and heard some said taking out the battery if the laptop isn't going to be used for long time.

Now 1.5 years, kept in very good condition, but connected to the laptop, (NOT connected to the AC wall ) What do you think????

A few days later I will try to use it again, at the moment, I am asking for advice. Thank you very much

:)

Tsw88, Nov 3, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 3, 2018
  3. nflesher87 Win User
    Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Nov 3, 2018
  4. Eric_On_Web Win User

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Nov 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Is my laptop at risk now? - Similar Threads - laptop risk

2. laptop display doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop display doesn't work: had a windows 10 upgrade a few days ago. every since my monitor screen is fully working but my laptop screen shows icons, etc but not "cortana" ? mouse works on monitor but nothing on lap top again laptop has my start screen but is "frozen" went to devices and shows 2...
  3. Strange issue with old Toshiba Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange issue with old Toshiba Laptop: Hello. i have one Toshiba Laptop that every now and them has the hard drive LED stuck (as if using disk at 100%) and then hard disk dissappears for good (not detected) until PC is powered off and it's left that way for a while. I checked SMART values and health was ok. I did...
  4. How can i stop my laptop from updating?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can i stop my laptop from updating?: I already deactivated windows update through services.msc but somehow my laptop wants to update when shutting down. The last time i updated, my laptop got literally destroyed. Nothing worked and sound was completely gone and i had to return to a recovery point. It really...
  5. HP Laptop with Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Laptop with Windows 10: Laptop has power but Windows does not load. I get HP logo with message attempting to repair, then black screen with nothing. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laptop-with-windows-10/daa7bf30-2622-4de9-b3e6-a5a1bebfafc0
  6. Laptop to TV Connection

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop to TV Connection: I have attempted to connect my Lenovo Laptop HDMI port to a Sharp Aquos HD TV's HDMI Port. I would like to be able to view Video's from my Laptop on the Sharp HD TV. I have tried selecting multiple HDMI Video inputs thru the input select function on the TV's remote control....
  7. SD card slot on my laptop E6410 works but is crashing and freezing, contacts are clean and...

SD card slot on my laptop E6410 works but is crashing and freezing, contacts are clean and...: SD card slot on my laptop E6410 works but is crashing and freezing, contacts are clean and am using high quality card. I need to use this card to preserve read/write cycles on SSD....
  8. Laptop very slow after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop very slow after Windows 10 update: Hi, My laptop, a Lenovo Yoga 920, recently had an auto-update for Windows 10. It updated to Microsoft Windows KB4462933. After the update, it has become VERY slow. My laptop had been running great before the update. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!...
  9. laptop doesnt have disc built in. we have a DVD, DVR, COMPACT DISC PLAYER what app can we...

laptop doesnt have disc built in. we have a DVD, DVR, COMPACT DISC PLAYER what app can we...: we have an external disc drive DVD player,DVR, Compact disc player can a differrent app run it . it is an i i/o Magic. is there a different app i can get to run this player?...
  10. Toshiba recalls 100,000 laptop batteries due to risk of melting

in Windows 10 News
    Toshiba recalls 100,000 laptop batteries due to risk of melting: [img] Owners of Toshiba laptops take note - the company is recalling over 100,000 laptop batteries because of a risk they can overheat and melt. The recall covers 39 models of Toshiba Portege, Satellite, and Tecra laptops fitted with Panasonic lithium-ion battery...