Windows 10: Is my laptop at risk now?

Discus and support Is my laptop at risk now? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I seldom use my laptop, I remember the last time I use it was on April 2017, like 1.5 years from now. I then put it in a carry bag in a cool place... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tsw88, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Tsw88 Win User

Is my laptop at risk now?

I seldom use my laptop, I remember the last time I use it was on April 2017, like 1.5 years from now. I then put it in a carry bag in a cool place always.

However, the lithium battery wasn't removed.

My question is
    1. Is this lithium battery at risk of "leaking" or "going wrong"
    2. In case it's "leaking", how can I know? Is there any sign? Will it damage my laptop?
    3. Any sign I can see if a battery is not working correctly or losing its durability?

Heard some said keeping it 50% fully charged instead of 100% charged while storing and heard some said taking out the battery if the laptop isn't going to be used for long time.

Now 1.5 years, kept in very good condition, but connected to the laptop, (NOT connected to the AC wall ) What do you think????

A few days later I will try to use it again, at the moment, I am asking for advice. Thank you very much

:)

Tsw88, Nov 3, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 3, 2018
  3. Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Nov 3, 2018
  4. Is my laptop at risk now?

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Nov 3, 2018
Thema:

Is my laptop at risk now?

1. Is my laptop at risk now? - Similar Threads - laptop risk

2. Need to change settings Admin on a laptop with windows 10 from my old admin info to her new...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need to change settings Admin on a laptop with windows 10 from my old admin info to her new...: I have a laptop I gave to my girlfriend that is set up with my admin info and email and I want it set up to hers. How do I do this without fully wiping the system? I added her email and info but there is no way to remove an old admin and set up a new one. I see this question...
  3. Laptop restarts when gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts when gaming.: I'm using windows 10 with Toshiba L745. Game starts up then it automatically restarts and only happens when trying to play games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-when-gaming/5313f52f-03a2-4861-86fa-37f9f0b21b9f
  4. I recently updated my laptop and now my usb apparently is not 3.0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I recently updated my laptop and now my usb apparently is not 3.0: I'm not sure what happened with the update I did on my laptop., and apparently now my usb port is not a 3.0 is there a way to find out what I have? and How to update my usb drivers? tia...
  5. I want to virtualize the hard drive from windows 7 laptop which died

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    I want to virtualize the hard drive from windows 7 laptop which died: hey everyone. I think I'm getting ready to embark on my first virtualization. I had a laptop running windows 7 (upgraded from windows vista) and it died. So I put the hard drive in an enclosure and connected it to my new laptop running windows 10. I've heard that if i...
  6. Activating Windows 10 Pro on new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 Pro on new laptop: Hello, in May 2017 I've bought an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. Now I'd like to apply that upgrade to my new laptop, but I can't find a way. Could you please help me? Thanks, Francesco...
  7. My laptop can't update windows 10 - it keeps failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop can't update windows 10 - it keeps failing: Some months ago, windows 10 stopped updating itself. It now tries but comes up with errors. 0x80070652, 0x80246007, 0x80246013, 0x8007007e and more besides. Please can anyone advise....
  8. HP Laptop with Windows 10 Insider; update stuck in infinite loop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Laptop with Windows 10 Insider; update stuck in infinite loop.: Trying to update Windows 10 to the latest update. My laptop is now stuck in a loop. On POST, I get "Press escape for the startup menu" (I am dual booting Windows and Ubuntu Linux, with Windows as the default boot), then the hp logo and "Please Wait", after a couple seconds,...
  9. Third Monitor on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third Monitor on my laptop: I have a Lenovo ideapad laptop(windows 10) and up to the last windows update I have been able to run a third monitor(including laptop monitor) with my computer. Once the new windows update happened my third monitor is no longer working. I made sure the monitors work but for...
  10. Toshiba recalls 100,000 laptop batteries due to risk of melting

in Windows 10 News
    Toshiba recalls 100,000 laptop batteries due to risk of melting: [img] Owners of Toshiba laptops take note - the company is recalling over 100,000 laptop batteries because of a risk they can overheat and melt. The recall covers 39 models of Toshiba Portege, Satellite, and Tecra laptops fitted with Panasonic lithium-ion battery...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. My laptop is in risk now. What should I do?