Windows 10: is my laptop fan working when i am playing

Discus and support is my laptop fan working when i am playing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i have an alienware 17 r5. often when i play games i hear the laptop fan making constant noise and the noise starts when i launch the game i am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by cns00, Oct 27, 2019.

1. cns00 Win User

is my laptop fan working when i am playing

i have an alienware 17 r5. often when i play games i hear the laptop fan making constant noise and the noise starts when i launch the game

i am currently playing ni no kuni 1 remastered. in that game i noticed that the laptop fan is not making any noise or it makes noise for a little time. is the laptop fan cooling or it's off? the game is not a low end game and it's a heavy game. the laptop fan should be smart enough to turn on when things get hot. anyway i always use a coolpad when i am playing games. will my laptop be ok if i play that game for long hours? my laptop fan is not damaged. it's just in that game i am not hearing fan noises

:)

cns00, Oct 27, 2019
  2. Joan Pin Win User

my laptop fan which I think is affecting game play, PLEASE HELP!

Hi Jude,

BIOS error is one of the possible reasons why your laptop's fan is not working properly. We'd like to ask a few questions for us to better assist you:

• Did you install any Windows Update prior to the issue? Or did it occur from the start of the purchase?
    • Is it only happening when you're playing games or others?

In the meantime, you can check the settings of your device. Open Control Panel >
    Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Advanced Settings >
    Processor power management > System cooling policy. For
    Plugged in, changed it to Passive, and then to
    Active
    again. Select Apply. Check if there's any changes on your fan.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you contact the device manufacturer to get additional troubleshooting steps regarding the BIOS.

Should you have any other concern, don't hesitate to post back.

Joan Pin, Oct 27, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Utility for laptop fan control?

Note that, depending on your laptop, any direct control of the fan may not be possible. I suggested the one above as it seems aimed at laptops in particular- but I've not tried it.

E.g. Speedfan lists no fan on my Thinkpad.

Ok, I've now tried NoteBook FanControl for you.
    It has preset configurations for different machines: e.g.

is my laptop fan working when i am playing [​IMG]

which for my t440s gives

is my laptop fan working when i am playing [​IMG]

- whereas Speedfan didn't seem to achieve anything, I'm afraid. Presumably you looked at the config editor...

dalchina, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Jack2063 Win User

Laptop fan 1 not working?

Hey, for a while I've noticed that one of my laptop fans on my gaming laptop does not work. I have a program on my laptop called Dragon Gaming Centre and it says that fan 1 speed is 0 RPM, but my laptop fan 2 speed is about 5000 RPM when I have it on high.
    Don't know if it's possible that I turned it off somehow or if it could be a physical issue with it being broken.

I was wondering if I could have some suggestions on how how to troubleshoot what the problem is so I can know how to fix it and solutions if possible. It's caused me lots of problems already because my CPU overheats and causes me to get low fps spikes in
    games.

Thank you so much for your time and help. is my laptop fan working when i am playing :)

Jack2063, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. is my laptop fan working when i am playing - Similar Threads - laptop fan working

2. My laptop fan runs when i turn it on and it won't stop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop fan runs when i turn it on and it won't stop: My fan was loud last night like a motor i think dust went in it. I tried cleaning the fan with balloon pump it worked the noise wasn't like a motor anymore but the fan is still spinning whenever i turn it on and it doesn't stop unless I turn my laptop off. What do I do?...
  3. My laptop fan runs when i turn it on and it won't stop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop fan runs when i turn it on and it won't stop: My fan was loud last night like a motor i think dust went in it. I tried cleaning the fan with balloon pump it worked the noise wasn't like a motor anymore but the fan is still spinning whenever i turn it on and it doesn't stop unless I turn my laptop off. What do I do?...
  4. Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle: Hi everyone, I will really appreciate some advice as my ZenBook pro UX501VW laptop fans are running at full speed all the time even when no processes are working except of the default Windows processes. I have tried so many things - I have physically cleaned my laptop and...
  5. Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle: Hi everyone, I will really appreciate some advice as my ZenBook pro UX501VW laptop fans are running at full speed all the time even when no processes are working except of the default Windows processes. I have tried so many things - I have physically cleaned my laptop and...
  6. Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Laptop fans on randomly when closed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop fans on randomly when closed: I have a Dell XPS 7590 and the fans will randomly turn on when it is closed. This morning I woke up and the fans were whirring. Why does this happen and how can I stop it? submitted by /u/fishboy728 [link] [comments]...
  8. Laptop fan 1 not working?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop fan 1 not working?: Hey, for a while I've noticed that one of my laptop fans on my gaming laptop does not work. I have a program on my laptop called Dragon Gaming Centre and it says that fan 1 speed is 0 RPM, but my laptop fan 2 speed is about 5000 RPM when I have it on high. Don't know if it's...
  9. Laptop starts lagging when I am playing while it is charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop starts lagging when I am playing while it is charging: Hello, I'm having a big issue, whenever I plug my laptop I can't play any game. The laptop is brand new (MSI GF63 8RC / W10 / GTX 1050/1tb/8gb ram). I tried everything, I reinstalled windows, I talked with people from MSI and no one can help me. I already sent the laptop...
  10. How can I tell if my laptop fan is working properly?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I tell if my laptop fan is working properly?: My laptop seems hotter than normal. How can I test to see if the fan is running properly? I guess I should also ask what the core temperature should be - and ask hot find out what it is? Thank you........ 87418