Windows 10: Is my LG BP50NBP40 external DVD burner bad?

Discus and support Is my LG BP50NBP40 external DVD burner bad? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a seldom used external BD/RE unit LG BP50NBP40 that isn't working. I purchased it a couple of years ago to go with my new laptop that doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lbeck, May 19, 2019.

1. lbeck Win User

Is my LG BP50NBP40 external DVD burner bad?

I have a seldom used external BD/RE unit LG BP50NBP40 that isn't working. I purchased it a couple of years ago to go with my new laptop that doesn't have an internal cd/dvd drive and it worked fine with both the laptop and my desktop machines for the dozen or so times that I've used it. Now File Explorer doesn't recognize it on any of my machines.

The unit spins up with a CD or DVD inserted but isn't recognized by Explorer. It does show up in Disk Management and when I click on "Properties" the return says that the device is working properly and the best driver is being used. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the unit and the results don't change. Also went through the Windows troubleshooter without success.

Is there some way that I can confirm that the unit actually is bad before I purchase a new one?

:)

lbeck, May 19, 2019
  2. ckoons1 Win User

External DVD Burner recommendations

Gang,
    Since I am going to dual loop my pc I don't have room for an internal burner,
    Any suggestions on the best External DVD Burners.
    THX

ckoons1, May 19, 2019
  3. deemby Win User
    No DVD Burner in win10

Hi. Thank you for your quick response. I downloaded the suggested programme and was able to produce the necessary VOB files. I could not get the burner to work however. Although the programme recognises my burner as per screen, my PC tell me to insert a disc. I have used both my H and I drives, and also tried DVD+RW and DVD-R, both of which are compatible with the programme. Bree ( a forum guru), also suggested using DVD style.I downloaded that but got the same result. I know that you may not be clued up on the particular software, could there be an issue with the drives? when I check the device manager, things seem to be okay. I just feel that I am missing a step somewhere. When I used win 7, I didnt think about what I was doing, it just happened

Is my LG BP50NBP40 external DVD burner bad? [​IMG]

deemby, May 19, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Driver for USB CS/DVD burner

Hi Peter,

For better assistance in checking the compatibility of your external USB CD/DVD burner with Windows 10, we suggest contacting the manufacturer of the burner.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Riel Alc, May 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Is my LG BP50NBP40 external DVD burner bad? - Similar Threads - BP50NBP40 external DVD

2. My Rioddas external cd/dvd burner drive isn't working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Rioddas external cd/dvd burner drive isn't working: Hello, I just purchased a Rioddas external cd/dvd drive to burn a cd, it says it is a plug and play device, unfortunately when I plugged it into my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop, nothing displayed, and when I tried to burn a cd it displayed the message "No CD/DVD drive found", I...
  3. My Rioddas external cd/dvd burner drive isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Rioddas external cd/dvd burner drive isn't working: Hello, I just purchased a Rioddas external cd/dvd drive to burn a cd, it says it is a plug and play device, unfortunately when I plugged it into my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop, nothing displayed, and when I tried to burn a cd it displayed the message "No CD/DVD drive found", I...
  4. external dvd burner

external dvd burner: in the past few days my dvd burner can no longer be recognised when a blank disc is enclosed insert writable disc however same burner has no problem burning cd. bought another burner and same problem. tried updating driver and wondering if I reset windows would this resolve...
  5. DVD BURNER -PLAYER

DVD BURNER -PLAYER: I REINSTALLED WINDOWS 10 -NOW MYDVD BURNER-PLAYER DON'T WOTK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-burner-player/f6d6566c-52e8-4250-8631-381d382a11bf
  6. DVD burner

DVD burner: I have taken videos of family on my go pro, and have purchased windows 10 and office 365 (which you now have to pay for annually) on a new Lenovo laptop and I have no DVD burner soft wear. Are we getting ripped off or what?...
  7. LG Mdrive Blu-ray burner.

LG Mdrive Blu-ray burner.: We moved and I've finally got my network up only to find my desktop's Blueray burner won't. I suppose that in the move the cable(s) might have slipped loose? But to troubleshoot I'm thinking I should delete the driver and reload it to get the latest Win10 version? Anybody got...
  8. No DVD Burner in win10

No DVD Burner in win10: After putting together some clips from my mobile and camera on Adobe Premier Pro, I tried unsuccessfully to burn the result to disc so it could be played in a DVD player. I have just learned that win 10 has dropped that facility (although I was able to copy a clip to a DVD-R...
  9. External DVD burner will only read discs

External DVD burner will only read discs: Greetings, last night i tried to burn off some photos with my external dvd-rw drive "Samsung SE-208". However when i tried it said the burn failed to initiate. It would also make several doodoots like i was plugin and unpling stuff from usb. Thinking the drive might have...
  10. DVD burner not working

DVD burner not working: When I tried to play a disc in the dvd player nothing happened, so I checked in Device Manager and the dvd had a yellow triangle on it, so I uninstalled it then restarted the computer. There was no change so I checked the error report and found this, "Windows cannot start...