Windows 10: Is my new laptop syncing with my older laptop?

Discus and support Is my new laptop syncing with my older laptop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Okay, I bought a new laptop today, and after the setup and updates were finished, I noticed that the desktop was displaying the screen calendar from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cbiweb, Oct 20, 2017.

1. cbiweb Win User

Is my new laptop syncing with my older laptop?

Okay, I bought a new laptop today, and after the setup and updates were finished, I noticed that the desktop was displaying the screen calendar from my older laptop on it - which is a 3rd party software that I have to install. The strangest part is, it was only showing August 2017, with no interactive functionality, as if it was a screenshot or something.

At the same time, the screen calendar on my older machine started glitching in various ways. Even after a reboot it's not quite right. ....but that's just one thing I noticed.

A second thing is how I set up the date & time settings on the new laptop - different from those on my older laptop. However, when all was said and done, the older one now has the date & time settings of the new one.

So... was there some kind of syncing setting I failed to notice during setup? I've never seen this happen before, and I've set up quite a few computers the past 20 years.

:)

cbiweb, Oct 20, 2017
  2. Sams1Mom Win User

Unable to Sync My Settings in Windows 10

I have a new tablet and an older laptop. On the laptop, the sync my settings feature is turned on. But on the tablet, the buttons are grayed out, so I can't use them. This is the second tablet I've had in the last month. The first one had another issue,
    and was replaced. However, I was able to sync that one. I know because it had the same wallpaper as my laptop. With the new tablet, though, I can't sync it, as I said. I even tried resetting, so it reinstalled Windows 10, but that didn't work.

How can this be fixed?

Sams1Mom, Oct 20, 2017
  3. papa945 Win User
    Can I sync my contacts from the website back to my cell phone?

I have a laptop running windows 7 and an older laptop with outlook 2003. I installed outlook on the win 7 laptop and then tried to sync my Samsung Omnia from Verizon wireless to the new laptop. Now my phone only has 7 contacts in it. I started with over
    400. They are in the myphone on the web. Can I bring them back to my cell phone?

papa945, Oct 20, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

That depends if both are using a roaming profile with a Microsoft LIve account. Older items and third party software will not install on its own. does help if you state what the calendar is.

bro67, Oct 20, 2017
  5. Tony K Win User
    @cbiweb

Hi there. If signed into any device with an MS account there is an option to sync or not. Not sure upon install. Assuming you clean installed > I haven't clean installed anything for quite awhile. You could read through here: Clean Install Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Open Settings app (WinKey/I) > Accounts > Sync your settings. Choose what you want in there.

Tony K, Oct 20, 2017
  6. cbiweb Win User
    Yes, both are logged into my MS account.

It's brand new laptop right out of the box. First-time setup. If there was a sync option offered during setup, I never noticed it, but that's me getting old. *chuckle

cbiweb, Oct 20, 2017
  7. Tony K Win User
    LOL. I can relate to old. *Smile

Not altogether sure, but I would think syncing would be on by default. Did you get your problem resolved?

In thinking about it, your new laptop may have displayed the calendar as Desktop background.

I have 4 devices and 6 OSs. I find syncing to be quite handy.

Tony K, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is my new laptop syncing with my older laptop? - Similar Threads - laptop syncing older

2. One drive sync to my new laptop....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive sync to my new laptop....: Hi Microsoft team,I was happily using the Microsoft one driver for past 4 years. Recently I bought a new laptop and ever since - trying to sync my OneDrive files to my local laptop. Somehow the OneDrive keeps showing below status and still I am waiting for my files to get...
  3. One drive sync to my new laptop....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive sync to my new laptop....: Hi Microsoft team,I was happily using the Microsoft one driver for past 4 years. Recently I bought a new laptop and ever since - trying to sync my OneDrive files to my local laptop. Somehow the OneDrive keeps showing below status and still I am waiting for my files to get...
  4. Laptop Data not syncing to my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Data not syncing to my desktop: Laptop Data not syncing to my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-data-not-syncing-to-my-desktop/e00eb7ab-8807-491e-9bd4-e368f142f786
  5. Syncing a new laptop to my original one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing a new laptop to my original one.: I am not super efficient with computers and programs so if I am totally off track please tell me.I was under the impression that if I got a second computer I could sync them to be the exact same desktop etc looks identicalI have a windows 11 laptop that I use at home and have...
  6. Syncing a new laptop to my original one.

Syncing a new laptop to my original one.: I am not super efficient with computers and programs so if I am totally off track please tell me.I was under the impression that if I got a second computer I could sync them to be the exact same desktop etc looks identicalI have a windows 11 laptop that I use at home and have...
  7. One drive my documents on my laptop not syncing to my laptops my documents.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive my documents on my laptop not syncing to my laptops my documents.: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows Home 10 operating system. I have set up one drive. I have copied the files to the one drive folder on my computer. I now have two My Document folders on my computer with the same files. c:\my documents and C:\one drive\My documents....
  8. One drive my documents on my laptop not syncing to my laptops my documents.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive my documents on my laptop not syncing to my laptops my documents.: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows Home 10 operating system. I have set up one drive. I have copied the files to the one drive folder on my computer. I now have two My Document folders on my computer with the same files. c:\my documents and C:\one drive\My documents....
  9. One drive my documents on my laptop not syncing to my laptops my documents.

10. Cannot sync my new emal address to my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot sync my new emal address to my laptop: I have been given the royal run around on how to sync my new email address to my laptop. Various 'help' sites offer various procedures that lead to no where or do not provide the next step such as "Signature" to complete the sync. I have windows 10 which is regrettable, but...