Windows 10: Is my OEM Win 10 Pro license still valid after a complete reformat?

Discus and support Is my OEM Win 10 Pro license still valid after a complete reformat? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Currently I can't even open the Settings menu and Onedrive backup doesn't sync properly, so I decided to just reinstall everything. My product key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tgabore, Jan 8, 2021.

1. tgabore Win User

Is my OEM Win 10 Pro license still valid after a complete reformat?

Currently I can't even open the Settings menu and Onedrive backup doesn't sync properly, so I decided to just reinstall everything.

My product key will still be valid for the new install too?

:)

tgabore, Jan 8, 2021

2. Windows 10 pro 1903 will not update to Win 10 Pro 1909

Notes:

1) Computer originaly used Win 7 Pro OA (OEM)

2) Reformatted the HD

3) Used Win10 Pro version 1903 to install on the Win 7 Pro OA (OEM) based computer.

4) Used the OA Product Key that was listed on the Computers Case.

5) Installation completed.
    Program confirms activation is valid.

6) Win 10 Pro will not list an available upgrade to Win 10 pro version 1909.

Sparkey1000, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it.

I verified this by using : slmgr -dli.

Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key.

Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro.

If so what are the steps to accomplish this?

In addition, I assume that is this is possible, that the current product key will be updated to the new product key?

The reason I am asking this is that it's my understanding that these product keys are tied to the bios on a name brand laptop.

TIA

shockwaveriderz, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Is my OEM Win 10 Pro license still valid after a complete reformat?

Using a Win 10 Pro full version disk with Win 10 OEM license to install OEM version of Win 10 Pro.

The subject says it most clearly.

I need to upgrade two computers from Win 7 pro, and will have new hard drives for each of them. The full version download for Win 10 Pro comes with it's own product key, and there's an option to purchase just a product key for Win 10 Pro OEM. I understand
    the limitations and differences of OEM. The question is can I use the same full version download (a DVD) to activate both licenses, each with different restrictions, for different machines? Or do I need a separate download of the OEM version of Win 10 Pro
    for the OEM version installation?

I'm mostly trying to avoid buying more than I need, but I don't trust OEM products to have valid keys (since every place I've gone to find one has a lot of reviews saying their keys were invalid or previously used). I can buy a OEM key without a download,
    so I'll be sure to have a valid key, but I can't buy an OEM product via download. I just want to make sure if I get a full version download and burn a DVD with it, I can use that on another machine with a different product key that will install the key's
    version of product on it (both being pro).

The answer doesn't need to be involved. I recall that on Win 7, product keys ALONE could upgrade versions. I figure Windows 10 has the same kind of thing for the full version, but I've never been sure. So I thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

Fatesrider, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Is my OEM Win 10 Pro license still valid after a complete reformat?

1. Is my OEM Win 10 Pro license still valid after a complete reformat? - Similar Threads - OEM Pro license

2. Can OEM Digital License be validated for Audits?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can OEM Digital License be validated for Audits?: I would like to know if I can purchase an OEM digital license and be validated to pass Microsoft Audit for a small enterprise? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-oem-digital-license-be-validated-for-audits/00107fa5-0bbe-47ac-aa16-3d283cedb884
  3. Activation Issues with Digital License Win 10 Home OEM -> Win 10 Pro -> Win 11 Pro -> Win...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation Issues with Digital License Win 10 Home OEM -> Win 10 Pro -> Win 11 Pro -> Win...: I have a Dell Latitude 5401 laptop which came with Windows 10 Home OEM. I have upgraded from Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro and digital license is connected to my outlook id t****@outlook.com.At a later date, I have upgraded from windows 10 pro to windows 11 pro....
  4. Activation Issues with Digital License Win 10 Home OEM -> Win 10 Pro -> Win 11 Pro -> Win...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Issues with Digital License Win 10 Home OEM -> Win 10 Pro -> Win 11 Pro -> Win...: I have a Dell Latitude 5401 laptop which came with Windows 10 Home OEM. I have upgraded from Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro and digital license is connected to my outlook id t****@outlook.com.At a later date, I have upgraded from windows 10 pro to windows 11 pro....
  5. Activation Issues with Digital License Win 10 Home OEM -> Win 10 Pro -> Win 11 Pro -> Win...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Is my Windows 10 pro license valid?

Is my Windows 10 pro license valid?: i had purchased a window 10 pro and i want to know whether the windows i purchased is original or copy* moved from Community Participation Center ** original title: windows *...
  7. OEM Win 10 license transfer

OEM Win 10 license transfer: Hello. 3 years ago I bought a laptop with OEM windows 10 license. 1 year ago I replaced the original HDD with SSD. Now Im thinking about buying a new laptop. My question is: do I need to buy a laptop with preinstalled windows, or is it possible to transfer windows and all...
  8. Using a Win 10 Pro full version disk with Win 10 OEM license to install OEM version of Win...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using a Win 10 Pro full version disk with Win 10 OEM license to install OEM version of Win...: The subject says it most clearly. I need to upgrade two computers from Win 7 pro, and will have new hard drives for each of them. The full version download for Win 10 Pro comes with it's own product key, and there's an option to purchase just a product key for Win 10 Pro...
  9. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?: I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it. I verified this by using : slmgr -dli. Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key. Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro. If so what are...
  10. Upgrading valid, activated Win 10 Home to Pro completely fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading valid, activated Win 10 Home to Pro completely fails: Hello, I have a laptop with a preinstalled and validated Win 10 Home. Today I tried to upgrade it to Win 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store. I bought the corresponding Win 10 Pro upgrade (after some payment hassle, I hope it is not relating..). After the purchase the...