Windows 10: Is my OneDrive for Business really a cloud?

Discus and support Is my OneDrive for Business really a cloud? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently got a newer desktop computer. With my previous computer, my OneDrive clouds were placed with my folders as stand-alone items. When I access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vic7334, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Vic7334 Win User

Is my OneDrive for Business really a cloud?

I recently got a newer desktop computer. With my previous computer, my OneDrive clouds were placed with my folders as stand-alone items. When I access my folders with the icon along the bottom of my Desktop, I am able to access as a stand-alone item my personal OneDrive. My OneDrive for Business, really with my most recent university, I find is subsumed under This PC/. . ./Users/Owner. So, I question whether it is really a cloud? Also, could you tell me how or if I can move it into a spot in folders as a stand-alone item?

:)

Vic7334, Feb 12, 2021
  2. MLSWgtn Win User

Green checkmarks missing in OneDrive for Business

Hi -

I'm a OneDrive for Business user, running Windows 10.

According to the blue icon in the taskbar, it appears that all my OneDrive files are in sync . However, when I look at the list of files in Microsoft Explorer, there are no green checks to confirm their synced status. I have followed advice in previous posts
    on this problem, including this one from 2015:

The reason could be if the settings is disabled in registry. I suggest you to download Autoruns from the link below.Autoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals

Then follow the steps below.

• Eexecute the Autoruns and from the program look for the entries that say OneDrive1, OneDrive2 and OneDrive3 in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers.
    • Check all three boxes. If you are asked to Run As Administrator (UAC), agree and continue.
    • Start OneDrive again.
    • Your folders will show the green checkmarks now.

It didn't work. There were no OneDrive entries under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers. (see screen shot below)

Any other advice please? I like to see the green checks there as proof that my files definitely are in the cloud. I don't really want to mess around with the registry again as I'm way out of my depth.

Thanks.

MLSWgtn, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Flaviotti Win User
    Photo app: show cloud-only content with onedrive for business (work or school accounts)

Hello,

short question:

Is there a way to set photo to display cloud-only content when the content is on OneDrive for business.

longer explanation of the question:

I had to switch between my office365 home subscription to office 365 for business.

As a result, I had to move my OneDrive content to the OneDrive for business, and I added my .onmicrosoft account.

Now, in my OneDrive for business account, there is the picture folder, and it is great that OneDrive for my iOS phone is able to keep uploading my picture there seamlessly.

However, windows photo app, which I love in every aspect, is in this case in an empasse.

If I login with my regular Microsoft account, I can select to show cloud-only content, but it won't find any, since that folder has been moved to the OneDrive for business.

If I login the photo app with my .onmicrosoft account, that option to show cloud-only content is no longer presented.

Thank you to anyone who can point me to the right direction.

Cheers,

/Flavio

Flaviotti, Feb 12, 2021
  4. GwynEvans Win User

OneDrive and "the cloud".

If OneDrive and "the cloud" are synonymous, does this mean that when I do a full image backup to an external drive ((Macrium Reflect) the OneDrive folder on my pc will not be backed-up becase it is not on the pc really but "in the Cloud" on a Microsoft
    server or somewhere? Thanks for any info.

GwynEvans, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Is my OneDrive for Business really a cloud? - Similar Threads - OneDrive Business really

2. Really need to to be able to rename OneDrive for Business folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Really need to to be able to rename OneDrive for Business folder: Unfortunately, I'm using some software that has trouble with folder and file names that contain spaces.OneDrive for Business still gives the local folder the name "OneDrive - [Business Name]".If I could rename it to "OneDrive-[BusinessName]" my life would be much easier.But...
  3. Really need to to be able to rename OneDrive for Business folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Really need to to be able to rename OneDrive for Business folder: Unfortunately, I'm using some software that has trouble with folder and file names that contain spaces.OneDrive for Business still gives the local folder the name "OneDrive - [Business Name]".If I could rename it to "OneDrive-[BusinessName]" my life would be much easier.But...
  4. OneDrive and the Cloud

OneDrive and the Cloud: 1. I am in my 70's and have a new laptop running Windows 11.2. My old laptop last year suddenly stopped working and I saw in the bottom right hand corner it said 'backing up to the cloud' and files whizzing across. So I stopped it. But!!! When I looked into my Word files...
  5. OneDrive and the Cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive and the Cloud: 1. I am in my 70's and have a new laptop running Windows 11.2. My old laptop last year suddenly stopped working and I saw in the bottom right hand corner it said 'backing up to the cloud' and files whizzing across. So I stopped it. But!!! When I looked into my Word files...
  6. OneDrive in the Cloud and on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive in the Cloud and on my computer: When I link or save one of my computer folders to be on onedrive there will be a mirrored entry on my computer. For example, when first starting on onedrive I choose my Document folder located at D:\Users\"user name"\documents. After setting that up I will still have my...
  7. OneDrive Business

OneDrive Business: Files on my PC wont open or attach any more https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-business/34e0ec66-8452-4950-99e2-97505e53c4e8
  8. OneDrive and "the cloud".

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive and "the cloud".: If OneDrive and "the cloud" are synonymous, does this mean that when I do a full image backup to an external drive ((Macrium Reflect) the OneDrive folder on my pc will not be backed-up becase it is not on the pc really but "in the Cloud" on a Microsoft server or somewhere?...
  9. 'Cloud delivered protection', Really?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    'Cloud delivered protection', Really?: Recently I kept getting error msgs urging me to TURN ON the Cloud delivered protection, although I have no need nor desire to use anything related to the "Cloud" scam *Mad Could someone please shed some light on this "Cloud delivered protection", what is it , is it mandatory...
  10. 'Cloud delivered protection', Really?

in Windows 10 Support
    'Cloud delivered protection', Really?: Recently I kept getting error msgs urging me to TURN ON the Cloud delivered protection, although I have no need nor desire to use anything related to the "Cloud" scam *Mad Could someone please shed some light on this "Cloud delivered protection", what is is it , is it...