Windows 10: Is my PC dead? Power ON, NO Boot, NO BIOS

Discus and support Is my PC dead? Power ON, NO Boot, NO BIOS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, Is my old laptop dead? Recently my old Sony Vaio (VPCEA3S1E) has had booting problems. It powers on, the fan runs steady for about 5 seconds,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Artemis G, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Artemis G Win User

Is my PC dead? Power ON, NO Boot, NO BIOS

Hi all,

Is my old laptop dead? Recently my old Sony Vaio (VPCEA3S1E) has had booting problems.

It powers on, the fan runs steady for about 5 seconds, after the 5 seconds the fan starts to speed up until my machine turns off completely.
    I am unable to get into my BIOS, my screen is completely black, it is not dim, it's pure black with no video signal what so ever.

Before I start explaining what I have tried to do with my laptop, it is important to note that I have taken it to a repair shop and was told that my Windows 10 was corrupt, and that I think that the problem might be in my HDD. But even then, if the problem was in my HDD, wouldn't I still be able to boot into my BIOS?

Things I have tried:
    • Connecting to an external monitor - Still no video signal.
    • Using 1 ram slot at a time/Replacing my rams completely/Trying to boot without any ram installed - Still no boot.
    • Tried to check for a burnt CPU - Removed the fan and the cooling system, the CPU showed no evident signs of being burnt. I then powered on my machine for a few seconds to check if the CPU was getting warm (It was, the CPU did not remain cold, it heated up, so I imagine the problem may not be in the CPU).
    • Tried replacing the CMOS battery - Still no boot.
    • Tried booting without the HDD - Still no boot.
    One thing that I have tried which might help:
    • I tried to use a NEW HDD in my broken down laptop, it still never managed to boot, however powered on normally as it does for 10 seconds without any video signal.
    What I found interesting is that when I moved the NEW HDD from the broken laptop into another working laptop, when trying to boot it up, the working laptop suddenly showed the same symptoms. It would only turn on for 10 seconds, no video signal and unable to get into BIOS. Interestingly though, when taking it to the repair shop they managed to fix it, however they could never fix my originally broken laptop with the same exact symptoms.

This is why I think the problem cannot lie in the motherboard or any processors or ram or batteries, all the cables are connected and the whole motherboard plate shows no evident signs of being burnt or broken down.

When powering on my broken machine it does not beep, but does show the LED lights to be ON. However, when I inserted the HDD into the other laptop and it broke down, that other laptop did not been upon start up either, yet the repair shop was able to fix it.

What I think I should try:

Given that the repair shop told me that my Windows was corrupt, I assume it could be a possibility to remove the HDD from the broken laptop, insert it into an external HDD adapter case, and plug it into my other machine, format it, and create a NEW bootable Window 10 ISO. However my question is, if I happen to install a new bootable ISO on my external HDD, would there be any video signal on my broken machine so that I can run the installation on it?

Please let me know if I have missed anything, or If I should try anything else at all. I am really surprised that the repair shop could only fix one of my 2 broken laptops with the same problem. Before this problem even occurred on any of my laptops, they were working flawlessly, and the repaired one is still working great.

Does anyone have any recommendations, is creating a brand new external HDD with an ISO of Windows 10 on it my only option? And if it is, will my screen on the broken laptop show any video signal after installing a brand new formatted HDD with Windows 10 on it?

Thank you

:)

Artemis G, Mar 18, 2019

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Lost Power, now PC won't boot. Powers on and clicks.

I had tried both of those steps. Neither worked. I have a replacement power supply on order. Should be here on Monday. Thanks for the suggestions.

musiclover7, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Is my PC dead? Power ON, NO Boot, NO BIOS

My computer boots into the BIOS on startup and not windows

If so, the CMOS - COIN Battery is DEAD and needs replaced. If it is Dead, when power is disconnected, the BIOS Date and time and everything is lost. The PC Must enter the BIOS for set date and time and configuration settings after it is cleared from no
    power.

seahawks65, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Is my PC dead? Power ON, NO Boot, NO BIOS

1. Is my PC dead? Power ON, NO Boot, NO BIOS - Similar Threads - dead Power Boot

2. My pc keeps booting into bios and when I leave bios it just boots back into bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc keeps booting into bios and when I leave bios it just boots back into bios: So today I booted up my pc to get on the game then my pc crashed and sent me to bios on start up and I thought that was weird cause it never happed to me before and now I can’t get out of it please help...
  3. Fix dead power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix dead power: Apple Watch November 13 2023 8445 Al Rabat https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-dead-power/4f158a0c-8d6b-43c9-9a8e-49d50f798f8a
  4. Fix dead power

Fix dead power: Apple Watch November 13 2023 8445 Al Rabat https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-dead-power/4f158a0c-8d6b-43c9-9a8e-49d50f798f8a
  5. My pc wont boot into windows or bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc wont boot into windows or bios: Hello yesterday i was going To trouble shoot To windows ten i normally cliked it so it would boot into windows, but the problem is it didnt it goed straight To some black screen where it says "secure boot violation" the it says ok and i press it then it says error nothing To...
  6. My pc wont boot into windows or bios

My pc wont boot into windows or bios: Hello yesterday i was going To trouble shoot To windows ten i normally cliked it so it would boot into windows, but the problem is it didnt it goed straight To some black screen where it says "secure boot violation" the it says ok and i press it then it says error nothing To...
  7. My pc wont boot into windows or bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. The laptop screen is 'dead' and no USB power on boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The laptop screen is 'dead' and no USB power on boot: Most of the times, I just 'sleep' the laptop. Yesterday, I 'slept' the laptop and didn't use all day. Today morning, tried to boot it, it felt like it did boot (fan running etc) but the screen remained dead (as in the screen didn't power up). There was no power to USB ports...
  9. PC always boots to BIOS (SSD dead / dying)

in Windows 10 Support
    PC always boots to BIOS (SSD dead / dying): Hi, I left my Windows 10 Pro PC alone for an hour or two a couple of nights ago. When I came back to it it had frozen. Totally unresponsive (but screen still displaying). I can't remember if I just used the power button to switch off, or actually turned it off at the PSU,...
  10. PC always boots to BIOS, is my SSD dead or is there more I can try?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC always boots to BIOS, is my SSD dead or is there more I can try?: Hi, I left my Windows 10 Pro PC alone for an hour or two a couple of nights ago. When I came back to it it had frozen. Totally unresponsive but screen still displaying. I can't remember if I just used the power button to switch off, or actually turned it off at the PSU, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is my bios dead