Windows 10: Is my PC Infected?

Discus and support Is my PC Infected? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So, it's showing me this, in the 'sleep' description refer to the image above. If this helps, I sometimes get this error: Download Error in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AdityaBhatt1, May 9, 2021.

1. Is my PC Infected?

So, it's showing me this, in the 'sleep' description refer to the image above. If this helps, I sometimes get this error: Download Error in Windows Update 0x8024601dHere's my system info:Edition Windows 10 Home Insider Preview Single Language Version Dev Installed on ‎4/‎6/‎2021 OS build 21337.1010 Experience Windows 10 Feature Experience Pack 321.5601.0.3Thanks in advance.

:)

AdityaBhatt1, May 9, 2021
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, May 9, 2021
  3. steps taken for infected Pc's.

Hi:

There is no one set of "boilerplate", "cookbook" or standard steps.
    Each computer is unique.
    Each malware infection is unique.
    Proper diagnosis, cleanup and repair depends on the particular infection and the system that is infected.
    The process can be tedious and time-consuming, often requiring the use of multiple powerful tools, in the proper sequence.
    Many of them can actually damage the system if deployed improperly by untrained computer users.

Bottom line:
    Malware cleanup is best done with *customized* support provided by trained individuals who know what tools to use and how to use them.

There are a few folks with such expertise here at this forum (I am not one of them).
    And there are a number of reputable computer disinfection fora where trained malware removal experts provide free, custom assistance.

Cheers,

MoxieMomma, May 9, 2021
  4. Is my PC Infected?

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Is my PC Infected?

1. Is my PC Infected? - Similar Threads - Infected

2. What is a safe way to format an infected USB drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is a safe way to format an infected USB drive?: - Should I format an infected USB drive and a clean USB drive from an infected PC? - Should I format an infected USB drive from a clean PC? Thank you It is Windows 10 version 20H2 181077
  3. What is a safe way to format an infected USB drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is a safe way to format an infected USB drive?: - Should I format an infected USB drive and a clean USB drive from an infected PC? - Should I format an infected USB drive from a clean PC? Thank you It is Windows 10 version 20H2 181077
  4. I believe my system is infected

I believe my system is infected: So as of right now I don't know if I've been infected or not. I have reinstalled Win10 multiple times. The first time my laptop seemed to be stuck running in 32 bit mode no matter what program I was using. I have seen instances of odd little visual glitches, and when I reset...
  5. My system has been infected

My system has been infected: Hi guys,My system does not open most of my files, and it has a .pahd extension. Pls what might be the possible cause and how do I fix it.I have important files and apps!! And I don't wanna loose them.Thanks in advance...
  6. Microsoft Safety Scanner msert shows Files Infected: 210 during Full Scan but at end shows...

Microsoft Safety Scanner msert shows Files Infected: 210 during Full Scan but at end shows...: Latest Microsoft Safety Scanner msert 64 bit, shows Files Infected: 210 during Full Scan but at the end shows no infected files. Why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-safety-scanner-msert-shows-files/2dee5d8b-8ada-417b-a305-a899e5d47ae2
  7. I have been infected with a virus and my system is not working

I have been infected with a virus and my system is not working: HELP! I can't turn on window defender, sync clock, window updates and adware ... i tried to reboot many time and use antivirus but i can't turn on or remove it. It says it managed by administrator. I think my PC have virus. Any one have solutions? Thanks a lot for help! Why...
  8. my pc is infected with unremovable crypto mining malware

my pc is infected with unremovable crypto mining malware: there is a process that has no name with a settings symbol, and when i click on open file location it brings me to svchost in system32, i cant end the task or the pc will bsod, malwarebytes shows nothing, windows defender shows nothing, and it uses about 50% of my cpu and 80...
  9. I am worried, I might have been infected with a Rootkits

I am worried, I might have been infected with a Rootkits: I have been searching the internet and nowhere can I find an answer concerning how are these installed on or in a system.Am I to assume that something like this 'rootkit' may be installed by USB or downloaded from a website, considering the word 'installed' implies this?Can...
  10. MSERT - False Positive Infections???

MSERT - False Positive Infections???: I run all 3 of Microsofts scans on my laptop Windows 10: Full Scan, the Offline Scan, and MSERT. The Full Scanand Offline scan report NO infections, viruses or malware. DURING the MSERT scan, 6 infections are reported. At the COMPLETION of the MSERT scan, it comes back and...