Windows 10: Is my pc still salvageable?

Discus and support Is my pc still salvageable? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm on Windows 10. My firewall won't activate. Sfc cannot repair damaged files. I cannot reset my computer. Strangely enough I don't have an internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gdgdgd12, Aug 4, 2020.

1. gdgdgd12 Win User

Is my pc still salvageable?

I'm on Windows 10.

My firewall won't activate. Sfc cannot repair damaged files. I cannot reset my computer. Strangely enough I don't have an internet connection, all other devices do, but I can open some sites like Youtube(not all), other apps don't.

Additional livh crashes my pc still regularly.

:)

gdgdgd12, Aug 4, 2020

2. Still not working

Hi Brink,

I am a Systems Engineer (entry-Level) and I am having this issue. I have followed all the steps that were listed, even created a new user account. This is for a customer. When I followed the steps, before creating a new user, i kept changing the path to point to the correct place. The second time, and following, I ended up getting the 2 SID's, one with the .bak. Followed the steps to delete the regular one and rename the .bak. restarted and still signs in as a temp profile. So I ended up cfreating a new user and still get the same Temp profile issue. Could you suggest something? Thanks.

deadlyspider, Aug 4, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 4, 2020
  4. RCoon Win User

PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Is my pc still salvageable? - Similar Threads - still salvageable

2. I do not have Realtek Audio Driver and I still do not have it after installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not have Realtek Audio Driver and I still do not have it after installing: I can't find Realtek HD Audio Manager in my control panel and in my device manager. Here is my motherboard:After downloading the audio driver from the link...
  3. I do not have Realtek Audio Driver and I still do not have it after installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I do not have Realtek Audio Driver and I still do not have it after installing: I can't find Realtek HD Audio Manager in my control panel and in my device manager. Here is my motherboard:After downloading the audio driver from the link...
  4. Potentially unwanted app still lingering?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially unwanted app still lingering?: I had a potentially unwanted app appear on Windows Defender and removed it. A little while later whilst I'm clearing up some tasks that were enabled on startup I noticed one called utweb.exe Utweb and after searching it up it appears to be affiliated with the unwanted app....
  5. Potentially unwanted app still lingering?

Potentially unwanted app still lingering?: I had a potentially unwanted app appear on Windows Defender and removed it. A little while later whilst I'm clearing up some tasks that were enabled on startup I noticed one called utweb.exe Utweb and after searching it up it appears to be affiliated with the unwanted app....
  6. Potentially unwanted app still lingering?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I recently installed Windows 10 64 bit..and,I have 8GB of my computer, but..there was still...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I recently installed Windows 10 64 bit..and,I have 8GB of my computer, but..there was still...: running win10 64 bit vs win10 32 bit and how much ram is required for it or be able to run without lag? submitted by /u/savant78 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1caj1w1/i_recently_installed_windows_10_64_bitandi_have/
  8. Why am I still getting notifications that my onedrive is frozen?

Why am I still getting notifications that my onedrive is frozen?: I have been getting multiple notifications an hour that my ondrive is frozen. I unfroze it by signing in and that didn't work. It then would not let me clear up space. the only option was to sign out or pay money for more space so I spent the money. I have plenty of space now...
  9. Hard drive totally fried - Can I still salvage my win 10 key?

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard drive totally fried - Can I still salvage my win 10 key?: My hard drive on my other PC is totally fried. There's no backup (nothing much to save on there). I'm going to have to do a clean install on a new hard drive and all I have is my old windows 7 key. Is it going to let me activate windows 10 without any trouble? 61977
  10. Failed 7-to-10 Upgrade Attempt — Still Salvageable ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed 7-to-10 Upgrade Attempt — Still Salvageable ?: At around 23:22 EST on Friday, July 29th, I began the subject upgrade process, assuming I'd be able to “slide in under the deadline wire.” And perhaps I did . . . or could have. But somewhere along the line, something seems to have gone wrong. And I think it's probably my own...