Windows 10: Is My Privacy Being Compromised?

Discus and support Is My Privacy Being Compromised? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Being a curious sort, I've been looking around and I think this is suspicious? Settings>Privacy> Under windows permissions I see everything is turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MoneyPit1946, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Is My Privacy Being Compromised?

Being a curious sort, I've been looking around and I think this is suspicious?
    Settings>Privacy> Under windows permissions I see everything is turned on by default. I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box BUT I'm finding the descriptions of each "topic" a bit confusing.. See my screen shot. Any advice here?, Thanks Dave BTW I love this place *Smile

:)

MoneyPit1946, Jan 28, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Blizzard Servers Hacked, User Data Compromised

The moment you stepped online you forfeit privacy, pretty much. Or come to think of it, when you're born.

Frick, Jan 28, 2020
  3. torre Win User
    torre, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Is My Privacy Being Compromised?

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Is My Privacy Being Compromised?

1. Is My Privacy Being Compromised? - Similar Threads - Privacy Being Compromised

2. Accounts Compromised, Network Compromised, Computer Compromised.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accounts Compromised, Network Compromised, Computer Compromised.: Does anyone have any advice to help me find devices that are being used to see my online activity? I have tried the basics, but I can't get these individuals to stop using what I'm doing as an opportunity to harm me....
  3. Accounts Compromised, Network Compromised, Computer Compromised.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accounts Compromised, Network Compromised, Computer Compromised.: Does anyone have any advice to help me find devices that are being used to see my online activity? I have tried the basics, but I can't get these individuals to stop using what I'm doing as an opportunity to harm me....
  4. Privacy compromised by having real name show in reviews

Privacy compromised by having real name show in reviews: How do I delete a review for an app in Microsoft Store? I am happy with the review, but did not realise my real name would be shown. This hugely compromises security and without changing my actual main account name, I cannot find a way of making a display name for such...
  5. Privacy compromised by having real name show in reviews

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy compromised by having real name show in reviews: How do I delete a review for an app in Microsoft Store? I am happy with the review, but did not realise my real name would be shown. This hugely compromises security and without changing my actual main account name, I cannot find a way of making a display name for such...
  6. Privacy compromised by having real name show in reviews

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Verification code for privacy not being sent

Verification code for privacy not being sent: I unfortunately updated Windows and now see privacy settings that turned off Microsoft access turned back on. Although I am logged into my account, Microsoft requires a second validation - no doubt to make it impossible to have actual privacy regulation. I have tried to...
  8. My accounts were compromised and continue being targeted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My accounts were compromised and continue being targeted: A few of my accounts email, bank... were hacked. Ever since I've upgraded to password manager and updated all my passwords. My Microsoft account seem to be ok because I changed password in time but when I go to My Sign-ins I see multiple sign-in attempts from all over the...
  9. New PC with Windows 10 Pro has compromised my privacy

New PC with Windows 10 Pro has compromised my privacy: I have been using Windows 10 and its predecessors for many years. I have been generally happy with the product, but one of my main concerns has been the security and privacy of my data. In particular should my PC ever be lost or stolen, my hard disk contains a great deal of...
  10. My *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is being blocked.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is being blocked.: My hotmail account is being blocke by error 401. How do I repair this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-is-being-blocked/1c2917b6-e38e-415b-9fbf-3a8f3b71a045