Windows 10: Is my PSU Acting Up? Weird Hum Every So Often...

Discus and support Is my PSU Acting Up? Weird Hum Every So Often... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was moving my desktop tower and it took a hard fall, but nothing catastrophic. Since yesterday I've been noticing this weird noise Vocaroo | Voice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wombo, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Wombo Win User

Is my PSU Acting Up? Weird Hum Every So Often...

I was moving my desktop tower and it took a hard fall, but nothing catastrophic. Since yesterday I've been noticing this weird noise Vocaroo | Voice message

I BELIEVE it is coming from my PSU (EVGA 760w Gold 80) since whenever I tap the case of it, or when I press onto the case of the PSU, the noise dies down. Is there any way to repair this or do I need to purchase a new PSU?

:)

Wombo, Jan 14, 2019
  2. LemP Win User

speaker hum

Are the tape deck and your laptop connected to the same power strip? If not, see if that helps.

Tracking down sources of hum can be difficult. I suggest that your read the articles I linked to earlier and follow the steps they outline as best you can.

3. qubit Win User
    Hum Noise

It'll be the HD. The case is acting like a sounding board magnifying the sound. Now due to the nature of sound propagation, putting your ear next to it destroys the effect, but as you move away, the more obvious the effect.

This is how you prove it:

• Turn PC on and go into the BIOS menu to prevent Windows booting
    • Stand back and listen to the hum
    • Now unplug the HD power connector, leaving the PC on
    • Stand back again - the hum has gone!

qubit, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Is my PSU Acting Up? Weird Hum Every So Often...

What PSU should i get?

I find NO specs on the psu you listed, not the one ktr listed, ktr also suggested i get the mushkin psu!

freaksavior, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Is my PSU Acting Up? Weird Hum Every So Often...

1. Is my PSU Acting Up? Weird Hum Every So Often... - Similar Threads - PSU Acting Weird

2. Computer freezing every so often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing every so often: I have noticed my computer freezing every so often. It happens more often when I am playing certain games. However I have noticed several events happening around the same time as the freezes. They are Events 129 and 153. I have run a memory check and storage check on the...
  3. Computer freezing every so often

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezing every so often: I have noticed my computer freezing every so often. It happens more often when I am playing certain games. However I have noticed several events happening around the same time as the freezes. They are Events 129 and 153. I have run a memory check and storage check on the...
  4. Computer freezing every so often

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. A weird chime keeps playing on my computer at random intervals every so often.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    A weird chime keeps playing on my computer at random intervals every so often.: I'm not sure what is causing this but, I keep hearing a chime playing and it's incredibly irritating because I cannot for the life of me find out why. I've never heard this sound before, all my peripherals are plugged in properly and while going through all of the windows 10...
  6. Explorer.exe (supposedly) restarts every so often

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer.exe (supposedly) restarts every so often: [ATTACH] So for the past couple months I've been having this issue where my all my windows, browsers, and desktop refresh and reboots. I know it has something to do with the GPU or graphics but I'm not sure what is up. I've reinstalled my graphics drivers but that hasn't...
  7. Screens are refreshing every so often

Screens are refreshing every so often: I'm running into a huge problem. I have Dual Monitor Setup, and every so often, both screens will blink like it's refreshing. . . If i'm watching a stream, the video goes GREEN, and I have to refresh the page. Getting rather annoying 165238
  8. Im Getting The BSOD Every So Often

Im Getting The BSOD Every So Often: it doesnt crash very often its only happened once before which was about a month ago just wondering if anyone can make sense of all this : ******************************************************************************* *...
  9. Is my PSU Acting Up? Weird Hum Every So Often...

Is my PSU Acting Up? Weird Hum Every So Often...: I was moving my desktop tower and it took a hard fall, but nothing catastrophic. Since yesterday I've been noticing this weird noise Vocaroo | Voice message I BELIEVE it is coming from my PSU (EVGA 760w Gold 80) since whenever I tap the case of it, or when I press onto the...
  10. Unknown window appear every so often.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown window appear every so often.: Hi. Windows 10 Pro I've just noticed every so often a window appears and disappears before I've had any chance to see what it is. I've not noticed anything strange in my running processes or services. Avast, Malwarebytes, Super Anti Spyware, Windows Defender all...