Windows 10: Is my SanDisk Cruzer destroyed?

Discus and support Is my SanDisk Cruzer destroyed? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I plugged in my USB drive and I get notification USB device not recognized. In This PC it shows but it looks like this: [img] When I right click to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steffan, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Steffan Win User

Is my SanDisk Cruzer destroyed?

I plugged in my USB drive and I get notification USB device not recognized. In This PC it shows but it looks like this:
    Is my SanDisk Cruzer destroyed? [​IMG]

When I right click to try and format it, nothing happens. I also tried renaming the drive letter, nothing. I tried many USB fix tools, such as, USB drive defender, Flobo, mUSB Fixer, USB Refresh, USBFix 2016, and most of them didn't even see the device in the list. I am running out of ideas. If it is of any help, it's SanDisk Cruzer 16GB.

Edit: Just tried HP USB Disk Storage Tool. This is what it shows:

Is my SanDisk Cruzer destroyed? [​IMG]

And of course, it does not want to run format...

:)

Steffan, Nov 9, 2015

2. can't find how to open up my sandisk in windows 10

How can I see my photos on my SanDisk Cruzer Blade BGB on this screen?

Frank IIIBaker, Nov 9, 2015
  3. Foffe Win User
    Nokia N8-00 "Unsupported USB Device" Error with Flash Drive (Corsair Flash Voyager GTR 32GB)

My Nikon D300 DSLR with a 16GB memorycard and my 16GB Sandisk cruzer connects just fine.

Foffe, Nov 9, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Sorry to bring you the bad news, but usually when a disk is detected as having 0 capacity, it is dead. Just hope you didn't have anything important inside that you don't have it elsewhere.

spapakons, Nov 9, 2015
  5. Steffan Win User
    You were completely wrong. After reinstalling my system, I plugged in the drive and it works normally. I have no idea why, but now it works withoutany issues whatsoever... I assume there was a malware in the previous system, but I used Malwarebytes and Avast and none seemed to detect anything...

Steffan, Nov 10, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    Thanks God it worked! I know how it feels to lose data...

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is my SanDisk Cruzer destroyed? - Similar Threads - SanDisk Cruzer destroyed

2. Destroyed my laptop...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Destroyed my laptop...: I am disabled and accidently fell on my Dell laptop cracking the screen and bending the casing out of whack. The hard drive is still good. I just ordered a new laptop and want to install my old SSD drive into the new machine. It is a 2TB drive. I am sure the new machine...
  3. Sandisk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sandisk: Before I upgraded to Windows 10, I was able to plug in a sandisk and my computer would automatically read it and I could import pictures from my camera. Now I can't find anything to open to read my sandisk. I was able to open it one time, (don't remember how I did it) and...
  4. regarding sandisk cruzer blade pendrive

regarding sandisk cruzer blade pendrive: my new sandisk pendrive worked well a few times but then stopped working suddenly. when i insert my pendrive now it recognises that there's a device plugged in by making a sound and also shows up on my computer as USB drive(H) but that icon appears faintly. when i click on...
  5. sandisk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sandisk: I am downloading files from another computer with a sandisk flash drive pictures are there but turbo tax will not download to the new HP 22 All in one. Get a message, parameter is incorrect It shows the last 3 years of Turbo Tax but content is not there or I just...
  6. Is Windows 10 compatible with SanDisk Cruzer Force 32GB flash drive?

Is Windows 10 compatible with SanDisk Cruzer Force 32GB flash drive?: Is Windows 10 compatible with SanDisk Cruzer Force 32GB flash drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-10-compatible-with-sandisk-cruzer-force/a7b56a55-3aae-4450-ac5e-da01f3e6cc37
  7. SanDisk 64GB Cruzer Glider Flash Drive

SanDisk 64GB Cruzer Glider Flash Drive: I am unable to get Windows 10 to detect it. When I put it into any USB Port, I get a messaged saying that Windows can't recognize it. When I go into Device drivers, I see "(Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed) I've tried everything I can think of. I even thought that it...
  8. Sandisk Readycache

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sandisk Readycache: I've just taken my Sandisk Readycache 32gb away from W7 which will soon have its own ssd and fitted it alongside the WD 80gb which this W 10 build 9879 64 is running on. The driver download has been upgraded and no longer requires the product key. Everything seems to work ok...
  9. sandisk cruzer 32G

sandisk cruzer 32G: My testing of Windows 10 shows that the Sandisk Cruzer has no driver in Windows 10 for it. I have no idea how to send feedback to Microsoft so this can be added. 2521
  10. Upgrade Destroyed my Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Destroyed my Laptop: About a fortnight ago, there were upgrades waiting to be installed. I was about to close my laptop and it said that it would do the upgrades then shut down, so I left it and went to bed. The laptop was off next morning but I didn't use it. My son (IT Programmer) came home...