Windows 10: Is my sound bugged or is my sound card messed up?

Discus and support Is my sound bugged or is my sound card messed up? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is my sound bugged or is the card messed up? My sound was working fine then suddenly one day I turned off bluetooth to disconnect from my bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aeraux, Jun 24, 2020.

1. /u/aeraux Win User

Is my sound bugged or is my sound card messed up?

Is my sound bugged or is the card messed up?

My sound was working fine then suddenly one day I turned off bluetooth to disconnect from my bluetooth speaker and my laptop’s sound didn’t work, even when plugging in headphones. I restarted and it still didn’t work, and when I tried to use my volume keys the volume popup thing on screen showed up and froze there. After that I tried putting on a youtube vid in chrome and the vid just loaded and never played until I refreshed a few times and then the volume worked again. It works for the most part now but when I open a certain game I play and when I open Flash Pro CC they freeze and stop responding and I know it’s because of the sound because that freezes too and unfreezes when they do. I also noticed today that when I played a game in chrome, the sound was delayed by at least a few minutes. Anyone know the cause?

submitted by /u/aeraux
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/aeraux, Jun 24, 2020

2. My Computer sound card is messing up

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know your Computer sound card is not working.
    I will be happy to assist with this.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall sound card drivers in compatibility mode and check if the issue resolves using the below steps.

• Uninstall the driver if it's already installed. Then when you install or reinstall it, right-click (or press and hold) the driver, and select Troubleshoot Compatibility.
    • Click Try Recommended Settings, and in the next window, click Start the Program.
    • After it installs, see if you have sound now (you may need to reboot after)
    Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Please refer the suggestions given in the below link for “No sound in Windows” and check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: This applies to Windows 10 also.

Please feel free to contact us, if you need any further help we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Jun 24, 2020
  3. steele84 Win User
    Sound Cards

Is there a verified sound cards list yet ?

Thanks

steele84, Jun 24, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Is my sound bugged or is my sound card messed up? - Similar Threads - sound bugged sound

2. My sound control is bugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My sound control is bugged: My computer keeps defaulting to my elgado capture card even though it isn't used as an output sound device and I can't get my computer to switch from it disabled or exclusivity turned off or on. I missed no steps in getting this done and it's updated recently....
  3. My sound driver or something is completely messed up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My sound driver or something is completely messed up.: I about had it with this laptop of mine. All because of the stupid inconvenient sounds. Don't know if it is the driver or what is it.List of problem:1. Cannot use mic simultaneously- This happens mainly with my earbuds with a connected mic. Most of the time the mic doesn't...
  4. My sound driver or something is completely messed up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sound driver or something is completely messed up.: I about had it with this laptop of mine. All because of the stupid inconvenient sounds. Don't know if it is the driver or what is it.List of problem:1. Cannot use mic simultaneously- This happens mainly with my earbuds with a connected mic. Most of the time the mic doesn't...
  5. My sound driver or something is completely messed up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Is my sound card/sound chipetc. fried?

Is my sound card/sound chipetc. fried?: Hi, I do not know if this is the right website/forum to post this question. I don't really know where else I would ask. I have a laptop that has windows 10 on it. The laptop is about 6 months old. It is a good quality laptop with some good hardware including an i7...
  7. Is my sound bugged or is the card messed up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is my sound bugged or is the card messed up?: My sound was working fine then suddenly one day I turned off bluetooth to disconnect from my bluetooth speaker and my laptop’s sound didn’t work, even when plugging in headphones. I restarted and it still didn’t work, and when I tried to use my volume keys the volume popup...
  8. Windows Update messed up my sound

Windows Update messed up my sound: Hello, I updated my Windows 10 installation; "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809" on 10/3/19. Ever since then, my sound card has been playing up. I have been running the same card on the same motherboard, with the same settings, on the same installation of Windows...
  9. sound keeps messing up

sound keeps messing up: everytime I watch a movie on nextflix or anything or even a dvd on my computer the sound works for a little bit then the voices start to sound distorted and sometimes it goes to a blue screen saying ur pc ran into a problem and restarts but have virius software in my compter...
  10. My sound is messed up all distorted

My sound is messed up all distorted: I have a hp pavilion elite m9405f pc running windows 1p after an update the sound satrted being wierd crackling and distortions i figure the soundbwould be fixed by now i checked the my dual boot of the original vista os and the sounds fine fix this problem please....