Windows 10: Is my understanding about 'remove everything' clear?

Discus and support Is my understanding about 'remove everything' clear? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, it cleans the whole partition where the OS exists(EXCEPT the files that related to the remove everything function itself) and then the fresh copy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NiceScents, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Is my understanding about 'remove everything' clear?

So, it cleans the whole partition where the OS exists(EXCEPT the files that related to the remove everything function itself) and then the fresh copy of the OS is reinstalled?

submitted by /u/NiceScents
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NiceScents, Mar 27, 2020

2. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Mar 27, 2020
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Is my understanding about 'remove everything' clear?

How to clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge?

Hello

CCLeaner cannot yet clean the cache of Microsoft Edge. You can clean your browsing data by following these steps.

• Open Microsoft Edge
    • Click on the three little dots on the top right corner
    • Under Clear Browsing Data click on Choose what to clear
    • Then make sure Cache is checked
    • Click on Clear
    If you don;'t understand exactly what I mean
    then see this post
    for a detailed step by step instruction with images.

Hope it helps you!

Yuri

Yuri Pustjens, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Is my understanding about 'remove everything' clear?

1. Is my understanding about 'remove everything' clear? - Similar Threads - understanding 'remove everything'

2. Understanding about Audit Logon Event

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Understanding about Audit Logon Event: We recently have logs showing duplicate login/logout events of the user's account within seconds as well as Kerberos Ticket request. We can confirm that there is no physical user that is logging into the client machine. However, the logs are showing the logon events of the...
  3. Understanding about Audit Logon Event

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Understanding about Audit Logon Event: We recently have logs showing duplicate login/logout events of the user's account within seconds as well as Kerberos Ticket request. We can confirm that there is no physical user that is logging into the client machine. However, the logs are showing the logon events of the...
  4. Understanding about Audit Logon Event

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. tried everything to clear dirty query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tried everything to clear dirty query: Hi there.Every time I start my computer it says scanning and repairing disk and then it boots into windows 11 without any indication it got repaired. But when I go to -> This PC -> local disk C: properties -> Tools -> error checking it gives the " we found errors on this...
  6. tried everything to clear dirty query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tried everything to clear dirty query: Hi there.Every time I start my computer it says scanning and repairing disk and then it boots into windows 11 without any indication it got repaired. But when I go to -> This PC -> local disk C: properties -> Tools -> error checking it gives the " we found errors on this...
  7. Removing Everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing Everything: If I decide to reset the pc and erase everything, would I have to repurchase apps or would I just have to reinstall them as if I only deleted them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-everything/b9d9a22d-fed4-41a6-82b5-3aad3eaa17f6
  8. Clear everything from the "Task View"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clear everything from the "Task View": How do I clear EVERYTHING from the Task View? I bring up the Task View & then right click on what I want to get rid of.I get 2 choices: 1-Remove 2_ Clear everything from earier today (or the date of the thing I want cleared). BUT, somethings will not disapperar. Even when...
  9. Removing the BLUE outline on just about everything in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing the BLUE outline on just about everything in Windows 10: Is there ANY way to remove the stupid blue highlight around just about every box in Windows 10 anersary edition. Searchwindows, saves etc. Everything highlighted blue around it. Narroator is off ofc, and I read that only removes it in previous windows. It does not work in...
  10. I'd like a clear understanding why.................

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I'd like a clear understanding why.................: Why the system will not accept a NTFS formatted 32GB USB drive for system image back up ? Why must I use an external hard drive ? I AM using a 1TB ext. hdd for backups. I just want to know why not USB flash drive. 42122