Windows 10: Is my USB not turning off after shutting down my computer a bad thing

Discus and support Is my USB not turning off after shutting down my computer a bad thing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently I got a new computer, and since I've gotten it keep in mind I have a rgb mouse and my mic is a BlueYeti which has a red light on it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by .9JF, Sep 13, 2020.

1. .9JF Win User

Is my USB not turning off after shutting down my computer a bad thing

Recently I got a new computer, and since I've gotten it keep in mind I have a rgb mouse and my mic is a BlueYeti which has a red light on it just wondering is it bad that it rgb/USB doesnt turn off?

:)

2. Merliah Win User

Computer is shutting down immediately after turning it on?

This has started to happen recently and I'm worried. It does not happen always but this week it happened more often. Basically when I am turning my computer on, after a beep it's shutting down. With the second time it turns on and it does not list that my computer shut down suddenly, so to get me into safe mode, etc. but it boots normally.

I am not sure what the problem is. I removed an additional small fan I had, since I always had it there in the usb, so I thought it could be causing it, but I removed it. I decided to replace my power adapter, since other times I had problem with that & usually they are heating a lot. I bought a cheaper adapter & still the same. I also noticed that this problem usually happens when I turn on my computer after hours. I tried to turn on/turn off my computer between minutes and it did not happen.

Could it be dust? The CPU? I just hope there isn't any problem with the motherboard.

Merliah, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    is this a bad thing

Hi Richard,

This can be caused by several reasons. One of these reasons could be related to the devices connected to your computer. For us to diagnose what is causing this issue, we would like to know the following information:

• Have you made any changes to the computer recently?
      Recently installed any software or updates?
    • What were you doing before getting the error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter.
    This is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details on how to fix them.
    Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on View all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Devices options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware Troubleshooter.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anne Fuj, Sep 13, 2020
  4. OldMike65 Win User

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Is my USB not turning off after shutting down my computer a bad thing - Similar Threads - USB turning off

2. My Pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off: My pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off.Ive reseated the ram ive reset the cmos battery and it doesent seem to be a overheating issue as my cpu and gpu seem to be a normal temperature its also not a malware as ive swapped ssds and still does the same thing.someone...
  3. My Pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off: My pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off.Ive reseated the ram ive reset the cmos battery and it doesent seem to be a overheating issue as my cpu and gpu seem to be a normal temperature its also not a malware as ive swapped ssds and still does the same thing.someone...
  4. My Pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My computer shuts down after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer shuts down after startup: I have tried to re-login my computer one more time, but unfortunately, my computer shuts down suddenly, even I’m in winRE screen. Can you fix me please?This is information about my computer and its operation system:Windows 1064-bit6GB RAMVersion...
  6. My computer shuts down after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer shuts down after startup: I have tried to re-login my computer one more time, but unfortunately, my computer shuts down suddenly, even I’m in winRE screen. Can you fix me please?This is information about my computer and its operation system:Windows 1064-bit6GB RAMVersion...
  7. Computer turning off after shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning off after shut down: My computer first wouldn't come on now it turns on after shut down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turning-off-after-shut-down/d576c75f-55d2-44e8-bfde-1cc69a3f9b52
  8. Turn off power strip after computer shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn off power strip after computer shut down: Hi, I posted earlier. I have a Dell Inspiron 3670 with Windows 10. When I turn off the computer (hit windows logo, hit the power button, hit shut down) after the computer screen is off (screen black) the power light stays on and the small light indicating internal hard...
  9. How to turn off USB when the system is shut down?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to turn off USB when the system is shut down?: Hello, I hope I am posting In the right place. The LED on my mouse remain on when my PC is shutdown, it lights up the whole room at night. I’ve been told to disable it in the Bios but I struggled to find where How can I disable the USB ports in the Bios? The motherboard...
  10. Computer does not turn off after shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer does not turn off after shutting down: Dell Optiplex 780, had Windows 7 64-bit, upgraded to Windows 10 via the free upgrade. Now every time I tell Windows 10 to shut down, it does the shut down sequence but the computer itself remains on. The power light is on and the computer itself is running. The Only way to...