Windows 10: is my windows 10 license on laptop transferrable?

Discus and support is my windows 10 license on laptop transferrable? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i currently have a second hand laptop which was updated from windows 7 to 10 few months ago so now theres a digital license linked to my microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ProboticWarrior, May 22, 2019.

1. is my windows 10 license on laptop transferrable?

i currently have a second hand laptop which was updated from windows 7 to 10 few months ago so now theres a digital license linked to my microsoft account.This laptop was a gift from someone and now i m getting a custom built pc for myself and if possible i would prefer transferring my license from this device to that one.Usually laptops come with oem license but on checking my license type using cmd command it says that my license belongs to retail channel,so is my win 10 digital license transferrable or am i to get a new one?

:)

ProboticWarrior, May 22, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, May 22, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 22, 2019
  4. is my windows 10 license on laptop transferrable?

Window 10 License Transfer

Hi Kelvin11,

I'm Stefano an Independent Advisor, here to help you.

If Windows comes preinstalled on your laptop, I think your license is an OEM one, so it isn't transferrable. You can check if your license is an OEM one, following this procedure:

1. Type "cmd" in windows search bar

2. Right click on "Command Prompt"

3. Select "Run as Administrator"

4. Type "slmgr /dlv" without quote and press ENTER

Reade the uppercase word on Description line. If it is OEM your license isn't transferrable, if it is RETAIL, you can transfer the license.

If you need to buy a new license, however, I suggest you to buy it directly from Microsoft Store, that's the safest way to buy a proper license.

StefanoTamiotti, May 22, 2019
Thema:

is my windows 10 license on laptop transferrable?

1. is my windows 10 license on laptop transferrable? - Similar Threads - license laptop transferrable

2. Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device Windows...: Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device Windows Server and SQL Server https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-user-cal-and-device-cal-license-is/c3231726-aa7b-4846-9b10-e141f0ea3fde
  3. Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device Windows...: Is the user CAL and device CAL license is transferrable to other user or device Windows Server and SQL Server https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-user-cal-and-device-cal-license-is/c3231726-aa7b-4846-9b10-e141f0ea3fde
  4. Windows for refurb PC license transferrable or not?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows for refurb PC license transferrable or not?: I got couple of refurbed PCs with a Windows for refurb PC sticker on back of them. I installed windows on a partition of a macbook and tried both license keys. The worked and upon checking one was OEM_DM channel, The other was OEM_something_something channel.I'm not sure if...
  5. Windows for refurb PC license transferrable or not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows for refurb PC license transferrable or not?: I got couple of refurbed PCs with a Windows for refurb PC sticker on back of them. I installed windows on a partition of a macbook and tried both license keys. The worked and upon checking one was OEM_DM channel, The other was OEM_something_something channel.I'm not sure if...
  6. Windows for refurb PC license transferrable or not?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 License transferral and linking.

Windows 10 License transferral and linking.: My pc recently broke and I had windows 10 installed on it. I'm planning to completely replace my pc. Now, I still want to reuse my Windows 10 on it, since it's a Pro version. I read online about how it's possible if my license is linked to my Microsoft Account. Question is,...
  8. I want to know if my windows 10 digital license is transferrable

I want to know if my windows 10 digital license is transferrable: i currently have a second hand laptop which was updated from windows 7 to 10 few months ago so now theres a digital license linked to my microsoft account.This laptop was a gift from someone and now i m getting a custom built pc for myself and if possible i would prefer...
  9. I want to know if my windows 10 digital license is transferrable

in Windows 10 Support
    I want to know if my windows 10 digital license is transferrable: i currently have a second hand laptop which was updated from windows 7 to 10 few months ago so now theres a digital license linked to my microsoft account.This laptop was a gift from someone and now i m getting a custom built pc for myself and if possible i would prefer...
  10. License Renewals and Transferres to Affiliates

License Renewals and Transferres to Affiliates: Hey Community, I have a question regarding license transfers to Affiliates. Scenario: Company A and Company B comes together to form Company C. Company B has an active EA (Enterprise Agreement) with an LSP but would love to Renew their Agreement under Company C (which...