Windows 10: Is my Windows license still linked to my Microsoft account?

Discus and support Is my Windows license still linked to my Microsoft account? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased a Windows key from a 3rd party and activated Windows. I linked my MS account to it as well. Later on there was a problem due to which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rex010, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Rex010 Win User

Is my Windows license still linked to my Microsoft account?

I purchased a Windows key from a 3rd party and activated Windows. I linked my MS account to it as well.

Later on there was a problem due to which I had to re-install Windows. I made a local account and I'm still using it. I did not link my MS account this time. Windows got activated by itself maybe because it had already registered my motherboard from the previous installation?

Now here is my question:

I went to account.microsoft.com/devices and over there it shows the name of my PC. So does that confirm that my Windows license is still linked to my Microsoft account?

:)

Rex010, Apr 4, 2021

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Is my Windows license still linked to my Microsoft account? [​IMG]

MCardona81, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license

Hello Steve, and welcome to Ten Forums. Is my Windows license still linked to my Microsoft account? :)

What build of Windows 10 do you currently have installed?

*Arrow https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...mber-find.html

Starting in build 14371, if you see this part highlighted in yellow below in Settings -> Update & security -> Activation from step 7 in the tutorial posted above, then the PC's digital license is linked to your MSA.

Is my Windows license still linked to my Microsoft account? [​IMG]

Brink, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

Hello MCardona81, Is my Windows license still linked to my Microsoft account? :)

The digital license will automatically be linked when you sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account.

At step 2, what does it show for you in Activation on the right side?

Brink, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Is my Windows license still linked to my Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - license still linked

2. How to unlink my Windows license from my Microsoft account and link to a different account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlink my Windows license from my Microsoft account and link to a different account?: Im buying a new pc and I want to give my cousin my current pc that has a digital windows licence on it that is linked to my MS account. How do I unlink my account so that he can connect his own account to that license and I will be able to link mine to a new license on a new...
  3. How to unlink my Windows license from my Microsoft account and link to a different account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to unlink my Windows license from my Microsoft account and link to a different account?: Im buying a new pc and I want to give my cousin my current pc that has a digital windows licence on it that is linked to my MS account. How do I unlink my account so that he can connect his own account to that license and I will be able to link mine to a new license on a new...
  4. Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?

Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?: My laptop has Windows 10 Pro. On resetting the OS, it asked me to enter product key. But after logging into my Microsoft account, the "Activation" area shows that my device is using the digital license associated with my Microsoft account. So, I wanted to know whether this...
  5. Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?: My laptop has Windows 10 Pro. On resetting the OS, it asked me to enter product key. But after logging into my Microsoft account, the "Activation" area shows that my device is using the digital license associated with my Microsoft account. So, I wanted to know whether this...
  6. Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. my microsoft account is still linked to my old computer that crashed

my microsoft account is still linked to my old computer that crashed: My Microsoft account is still linked to my old computer that crashed and I can't get it to recognize my new computer. When I sign in it tells me that the email is currently used my someone else...
  8. Volume license linked with my microsoft account

Volume license linked with my microsoft account: Hi Team,I purchased windows 10 license from some website.They sell this key in half price, after that I login in my microsoft account then this key bind with my microsoft account.After that I get to know this is volume key.So I have below questions.If this volume key is...
  9. Why does linking my license with my Microsoft account not work?

Why does linking my license with my Microsoft account not work?: When I first got windows 10, it was on a disk. The first time I upgraded my motherboard, I had an issue with activating windows since newer motherboards don't really support disk drives. I was able to show Microsoft support that I had the disk and they were able to re...
  10. Windows License linked to my Microsoft account

Windows License linked to my Microsoft account: Hello. Im in the process of rebuilding a new PC. Only 1 thing was gonna be brought forward and it was my 1 TB seagate drive and well .. my dog chewed and slobbered on it for 8 hours while i was at work and its literally unusable i lost everything. Im a novice in this world...