Windows 10: Is my Windows's license key reset after downgrading Windows to 1909?

Discus and support Is my Windows's license key reset after downgrading Windows to 1909? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, So I've been considering to downgrade to 1909, but I'm not sure if it's a really good decision. Will my license key get reset if I downgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Scriptagon, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Is my Windows's license key reset after downgrading Windows to 1909?

Hello,

So I've been considering to downgrade to 1909, but I'm not sure if it's a really good decision. Will my license key get reset if I downgrade it? Also, what's the difference between 1909 and 20H2? Thank you.

:)

Scriptagon, Apr 14, 2021

2. Product Key not valid for downgrade

The problem is Microsoft never handled it.

Downgrade rights is handled by Lenovo, etc.

This is the information I saved before Microsoft pulled it:

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software
    To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

That's why I advise you to contact Lenovo.

Bill Smithers, Apr 14, 2021
  3. erocker Win User
    Windows XP Downgrade

I'm pretty sure that no key = no Windows. If you want to downgrade, you need to put the Windows 7 disc in, then get up to the point where it asks which HDD to install it to. Format the drive, then shut down. Put in XP disc and you'll be good to go.

erocker, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Is my Windows's license key reset after downgrading Windows to 1909?

Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Is my Windows's license key reset after downgrading Windows to 1909?

1. Is my Windows's license key reset after downgrading Windows to 1909? - Similar Threads - Windows's license key

2. Windows License downgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows License downgrade: I have purchased paper license of windows 10, My existing customized application strictly requires windows 7. Can I use downgrade version of windows as per my requirement....
  3. Downgrade windows 10 20H to 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade windows 10 20H to 1909: Hello Community,Two months before I upgrade windows 10 1909 to 20H everyone working i did realize aveva application some of the future not working so I contact to aveva team they advise me to downgrade the Windows version 1909 i search in Microsoft website couldn't find the...
  4. Resetting Windows 10 with a digital license - it still asks for a license key

Resetting Windows 10 with a digital license - it still asks for a license key: Hello thereMy Acer cannot update its Win 10; it stays stuck at 2%, which appearently is a common problem with acers.Anyway, I thus have to reinstall Windows 10.I bought the notebook with Win 8 and made an upgrade to Win 10 at the time....So I do have a digital license. I...
  5. downgrade to windows 10 1909

downgrade to windows 10 1909: Hello could you guys explain how to downgrade windows 10-2004 to windows 10-1909,the 10 days already expired,I am aware that I will wipeout all my current data....
  6. 1909 Auto Downgrade to 1803 after update

1909 Auto Downgrade to 1803 after update: I have a machine that was recently updated to 1909. The computer was confirmed to be on 1909 after the updates finished. A few days later the user of the computer complained of some issues on the computer. Another tech went in to look and saw that the machine was again on...
  7. Windows 10 downgraded after reset!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 downgraded after reset!!: Hello, I bought a MSI Modern 14 a week ago and I installed and updated all the drivers from MSI Drivers app and Windows driver. I updated each driver manually after windows automatically did though MSI Drivers app. I decided to rest it and get a fresh computer as it came...
  8. License downgrade

License downgrade: Please previously i use win10 pro, few week ago on the sceen show license will expired soon. my mistkae i ommited that , and now my win ask product key again to activaed...but when i use the original licese is not working and ask to install win 10 home single laguange...
  9. How can I downgrade my windows license key?

How can I downgrade my windows license key?: So I regrettably used a 3rd party website to upgrade my windows 10 home that I got when I bought my computer a while ago from bestbuy since I wanted to try doing some remote access stuff when I wasn't there. A few hours later I noticed that they activate windows watermark...
  10. windows 10 license after resetting

windows 10 license after resetting: Hi, I have some issues with my laptop and want to reset it. I want to know whether I will loose my windows 10 licence in this case? For information, the laptop itself did not come with a licensed windows OS, I have purchased windows 8 myself and later got upgraded to...