Windows 10: is .net 4.8 installed for me

Discus and support is .net 4.8 installed for me in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i just installed windows 10 build 2004 on my laptop first i installed .net 3.5 by using the offline method. it worked and my .net detector says that i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cns00, Oct 14, 2020.

1. cns00 Win User

is .net 4.8 installed for me

i just installed windows 10 build 2004 on my laptop

first i installed .net 3.5 by using the offline method. it worked and my .net detector says that i have it installed

after that i downloaded the setup file for .net 4.8 from here https://support.microsoft.com/en-ae/...er-for-windows and i ran it. i got the error message ".net framework 4.8 or later update is already installed on this computer" but my .net detector didn't detect that i have .net 4.8

i went to programs and features then windows features. there already was a square next to .net frameworks 4.8 advanced series but when i expanded it i saw that asp .net 4.8 was unticked. i ticked it. i saw message saying getting needed files and doing needed changes then it said done and it didnt connect to windows updates to download files

i then went to admin cmd and i typed reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Net Framework Setup\NDP\v4" /s. this is what i have now:-

is .net 4.8 installed for me [​IMG]

is it done correctly? however my .net detector is still not seeing .net 4.8:-

is .net 4.8 installed for me [​IMG]

what do i do?

:)

cns00, Oct 14, 2020

2. .NET Framework not installing on Surface pro 4

Hi Robert,

There are several ways to work around issues with installing .NET Framework. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Are you also having issues installing updates on your computer?
    • What happened when you tried to download and install .NET Framework 3.5?
    • Does the issue happens on a different user account?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot Windows update error 0x80070002.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 14, 2020
  3. .net framework 3.5 sp1 not installing

All right.. this is the funny a$$ part.. So.. TRT, I did what you said.. then did something I should of did WAY before starting this.. Reg cleaner.. lol..

So.. my steps..

• Uninstall everything to which it's just .net framework 2.0
    • Restart
    • Install 3.5 sp1 via *Stick Out Tongue is .net 4.8 installed for me :program and Features: Turn off....
    • Restart
    • Reg clean threw CCleaner 4 times, every time had a issue.
    • Verify that all .net up to 3.5 sp1 was installed and been verified to be working
    • went to website
    • saw a action to "run test" to see if system is compatible.
    • Allowed Firewall/ windows defender to run said program (says it's a low grade trojan
    • Went to issued program and opened..
    • Worked..

lol... oh, how stupid I was.. I all ways run reg cleaner on new os's... My mind is losing myself... *Roll :roll:

Cold Storm, Oct 14, 2020
  4. is .net 4.8 installed for me

Problems with .NET Framework 4 Full installation

Hi,

Based on your post, it does seem like the Net Framework is still installed on your PC. Having said that, we would like to recommend a thread that we found that can help you solve your concern. To view the suggested steps from the community members who experienced
    the same issue, check this thread:
    .NET Framework 4 & 4.5 won't install because it is already installed; Windows 10 : December

We will wait for your update.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

is .net 4.8 installed for me

1. is .net 4.8 installed for me - Similar Threads - net installed

2. How to install only ".Net Core" tools using Visual Studio Installer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install only ".Net Core" tools using Visual Studio Installer?: Hereafter I don't want to install or continue development in any of the .Net Framework Based tools.Only .Net Core that's also from the latest one.How to tell Visual Studio Installer to install .Net Core based tools only and not any single Framework Based Tools....
  3. How to install only ".Net Core" tools using Visual Studio Installer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install only ".Net Core" tools using Visual Studio Installer?: Hereafter I don't want to install or continue development in any of the .Net Framework Based tools.Only .Net Core that's also from the latest one.How to tell Visual Studio Installer to install .Net Core based tools only and not any single Framework Based Tools....
  4. .Net Framework Install corrupt and now fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .Net Framework Install corrupt and now fails: I opened an application that uses .Net Framework 3.5 on Windows 11. This prompted the install of the program, however the application used was already running and caused my PC to crash during the install of the windows framework. Upon rebooting Windows framework will not...
  5. .Net Framework Install corrupt and now fails

.Net Framework Install corrupt and now fails: I opened an application that uses .Net Framework 3.5 on Windows 11. This prompted the install of the program, however the application used was already running and caused my PC to crash during the install of the windows framework. Upon rebooting Windows framework will not...
  6. How do I re-install Microsoft .NET Framework? Error message: Failed to initialize .NET...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I re-install Microsoft .NET Framework? Error message: Failed to initialize .NET...: Every time I turn on my computer, this error message comes up. "Failed to initialize .NET Framework. Please try to re-install it." I am not well versed on computers. I don't even know where to find the solutions. Please help....
  7. How do I re-install Microsoft .NET Framework? Error message: Failed to initialize .NET...

How do I re-install Microsoft .NET Framework? Error message: Failed to initialize .NET...: Every time I turn on my computer, this error message comes up. "Failed to initialize .NET Framework. Please try to re-install it." I am not well versed on computers. I don't even know where to find the solutions. Please help....
  8. How do I re-install Microsoft .NET Framework? Error message: Failed to initialize .NET...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. .NET Framework is supposedly already installed but applications tell me I need to install it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework is supposedly already installed but applications tell me I need to install it: I have already installed net framework 8.1 but when i try to run an app it asks me to install it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework-is-supposedly-already-installed-but/3d3165e5-8a85-4324-8bb8-242e9a2c6a25
  10. .NET Framework is supposedly already installed but applications tell me I need to install it

.NET Framework is supposedly already installed but applications tell me I need to install it: I have already installed net framework 8.1 but when i try to run an app it asks me to install it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework-is-supposedly-already-installed-but/3d3165e5-8a85-4324-8bb8-242e9a2c6a25