Windows 10: Is "never combine, hide labels" possible?

Discus and support Is "never combine, hide labels" possible? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I like the minimal appearance of just the icons on my taskbar with no long description on Win10 - the appearance you get when selecting "always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by R063R_G, Aug 23, 2019.

1. R063R_G Win User

Is "never combine, hide labels" possible?

I like the minimal appearance of just the icons on my taskbar with no long description on Win10 - the appearance you get when selecting "always combine, hide labels" in the taskbar settings, but I often have multiple windows of one program running and want to streamline how I do things by selecting the window I want to use next by just clicking the icon, instead of the current situation of having to hover over icon to get small preview and then selecting the relevant window.

Essentially, what I'm asking is is there a way to select or create a "never combine, hide labels" setting?

:)

R063R_G, Aug 23, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Hide taskbar labels - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Right click a blank area on the taskbar and choose
      Taskbar Settings.

• Under Combine Taskbar Buttons, choose
      Always, hide labels.

• Exit Settings.

You may also go through How to use the taskbar
    for further help.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Any particular reason there isn't a "Hide labels, don't combine" option for the taskbar?

Seems kinda weird that this choice is left out. They have other combinations of hide/show label and always/never combine, why'd this get left out?

VectorLightning, Aug 23, 2019
  4. Is "never combine, hide labels" possible?

Windows 10 Taskbar option - never combine hide labels

Can we please have this option of "Never combine Hide labels" for Windows 10 Taskbar.

It is one of the necessary requirements to work without hassles and distraction due to taskbar title resize happening.

naveenkakapuri, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

Is "never combine, hide labels" possible?

1. Is "never combine, hide labels" possible? - Similar Threads - never combine hide

2. Never combine windows and Show labels settings missing along with some other features.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Never combine windows and Show labels settings missing along with some other features.: Hello there, I am currently running Windows 11 with 22H2 and OS build being 22621.2428.A few days ago I received a new update I don't remeber its build number or anything but basically it included settings such as Auto Brightness, Volume mixer in Volume settings from Taskbar...
  3. Never combine windows and Show labels settings missing along with some other features.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Never combine windows and Show labels settings missing along with some other features.: Hello there, I am currently running Windows 11 with 22H2 and OS build being 22621.2428.A few days ago I received a new update I don't remeber its build number or anything but basically it included settings such as Auto Brightness, Volume mixer in Volume settings from Taskbar...
  4. taskbar NEVER COMBINE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar NEVER COMBINE: when will you give us back the option to never combine items in the taskbar?when will you give us back the option to always show every icon in the system tray?why is microsht so ftg cking incompetent? why were those options even removed? you try your best to be hated...
  5. taskbar NEVER COMBINE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar NEVER COMBINE: when will you give us back the option to never combine items in the taskbar?when will you give us back the option to always show every icon in the system tray?why is microsht so ftg cking incompetent? why were those options even removed? you try your best to be hated...
  6. Never Combine Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Never Combine Task Bar: HEY **** - it's time to get the "never combine taskbar" back. This is F'N annoying - especially at work with 3 screens and different application in use - mostly web based. Whoever thought this Windows 11 release was a good idea without that need to be FIRED IMMEDIATELY! I am...
  7. Taskbar issue - never combine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar issue - never combine: Is Microsoft planning to restore the "never combine" feature on the taskbar? I had to remove Win 11 and go back to 10 because not having this feature is so inconvenient....
  8. Is it possible hide taskbar labels but not combine them? Not an option in dropdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible hide taskbar labels but not combine them? Not an option in dropdown: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/canuckathome [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ublszi/is_it_possible_hide_taskbar_labels_but_not/
  9. "Always, hide labels" not combining icons on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Always, hide labels" not combining icons on taskbar: I have Combine taskbar buttons and combine buttons on other taskbars for multiple displays both set to "Always, hide labels," but they have recently started opening a second button again as you can see with Excel: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] How do I get this to go back to just one...
  10. How to remove this link text from my taskbar? Combine taskbar(always,hide labels) not...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove this link text from my taskbar? Combine taskbar(always,hide labels) not...: [IMG] submitted by /u/TheTimeTraveller2o [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lcqcry/how_to_remove_this_link_text_from_my_taskbar/