Windows 10: Is one bug blocking the roll out of the next Windows 10 Technical Prev

Discus and support Is one bug blocking the roll out of the next Windows 10 Technical Prev in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It has been 47 days since the last Technical Preview of Windows 10 dropped, and at that time Microsoft pledged to speed up the slow preview testing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Mar 10, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Is one bug blocking the roll out of the next Windows 10 Technical Prev

Source

labeeman, Mar 10, 2015
  2. Winuser Win User

If it has a known bug I'd rather wait until it's ready.

:)

Winuser, Mar 10, 2015
  3. 7thSense Win User
    Lumia 800 Battery Problems , might be there tasks that kill my battery power?!

There is no Windows bug but a Nokia bug. Nokia will begin rolling out an updated firmware to fix this during next week.

7thSense, Mar 10, 2015
  4. John Ado Win User

After installing the latest update, unable to pull up most of my installed apps

We hope that this bug will be sorted out in the next update roll out. Let us know if you encounter any issues in the future.

Have a good one.

John Ado, Mar 10, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    I agree, waiting and not having a bug is far better than rushing things and having to deal with a bug, IMO.

BunnyJ, Mar 10, 2015
  6. rfruth Win User
    Take your time & get it right Microsoft !

rfruth, Mar 10, 2015
  7. Winuser Win User
    Windows 10 TP is finally working good for me and I want to keep it that way. I can wait for any known bugs to get fixed.

Winuser, Mar 10, 2015
  8. Is one bug blocking the roll out of the next Windows 10 Technical Prev

Lets hope they fixed the other stuff that was messed up in b9926, while they're squashing this "superbug".

lehnerus2000, Mar 10, 2015
  9. Dave44 Win User
    hopefully they can fix the bug quickly

Dave44, Mar 10, 2015
  10. BillyBob Win User
    I hope they fix it soon, I've got one bricked SSD and the other one is playing up. I'm now on 9926 and I've got no Start Menu and no Start Screen. I couldn't be bothered trying to fix anything I'll just wait till the next build, if my drive doesn't conk out on me in the meantime.

BillyBob, Mar 11, 2015
  11. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

W10 TP (enterprise) version build 9926 is working just fine so far for me both on real and VM's and I've even got Office 2016 preview working on it (I sneaked through yesterday when there were some links leaked online - no prior subscription to office 365 was required). The install program installed on a Real machine and 3 VM's - and Office 2010 was not affected so BOTH can run concurrently.

OK perhaps the next builds will have Touch devices better handled - but the initial problem was for Ms to get traditional Desktops working again properly which they largely have done IMO in this build.

OK they can tinker around with the start menu --I prefer the menu in version of the previous build 9847 which you can do in 9926 - Brink's tutorial shows how. It's not perfect but quite liveable with.

So far I'm quite impressed --- it doesn't run out until October so there's plenty of time for Ms to release further builds -- but we don't want any hosed up versions.

I can't say if I want Cortana or not -- might be OK on a mobile device -- not sure I want it on a desktop.

Excel spreadsheet Office 2016. Runs 2010 VBA macros and customiseable so you don't have to have the HIDEOUS Office 2013 white background.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 11, 2015
  12. VBS
    VBs Win User
    if they fix that one bug that will probably be new build. That means as a new build it will restart it's release cycle (not public tests). If build release cycle is same as it was before it will take some time until public release.
    Fixing one bug may create another *Smile

13. BillyBob Win User

Finally have a Start Menu, just added another user and now everything is working again.

BillyBob, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is one bug blocking the roll out of the next Windows 10 Technical Prev - Similar Threads - bug blocking roll

2. Windows 10 bugging out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 bugging out: So I've frequently been switching between windows 10 and linux to see which is the better of the two for my pc but both of them are subpar, linux gaming is possible until you hit anti cheat and headphones bug out, while for windows gaming is fine until windows decides to just...
  3. Windows 10 bugging out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 bugging out: So I've frequently been switching between windows 10 and linux to see which is the better of the two for my pc but both of them are subpar, linux gaming is possible until you hit anti cheat and headphones bug out, while for windows gaming is fine until windows decides to just...
  4. Windows 10 bugging out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 May 2020 Update to begin rolling out next week

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update to begin rolling out next week: Windows 10 May 2020 Update has been rumoured to begin rolling out at some point in late May and it could launch as early as next week, according to reports. Microsoft has already pushed the May 2020 Update to PC manufacturers, developers, and testers in the Release Preview...
  6. Microsoft is rolling out Windows 10 updates to fix Privacy settings bug

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is rolling out Windows 10 updates to fix Privacy settings bug: Microsoft is rolling out new updates for Windows 10 to fix a bug that broke privacy settings on a small number of devices. Microsoft explains that the issue impacted only a small fraction of devices running Windows 10 version 1809, version 1803 and version 1709. As per the...
  7. Windows 10 Build 17134.137 is now rolling out with bug fixes

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 17134.137 is now rolling out with bug fixes: The second patch for Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803) is now rolling out with a long list of bug fixes. The direct download links for Windows 10 KB4294848 are available on Microsoft’s Update catalog website, and you can use the offline installer to manually upgrade...
  8. Windows 10: Few bits about next Technical Preview release

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Few bits about next Technical Preview release: Earlier this week, Microsoft said that they would be releasing an update for the Windows 10 technical preview in the near future. They also said that if you tweaked your registry to see unreleased builds, that this would block you from getting new updates; here is how to fix...
  9. Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Technical Prev. 5 Build 14291 Screenshot

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Technical Prev. 5 Build 14291 Screenshot: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 5 Build 14291 leaked Build 14291.1001.rs1_release.160314-2254 (not yet availlable) [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] "Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 5" shows up in search results but...
  10. Microsoft's rolling Windows 10 launch: What's coming next

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's rolling Windows 10 launch: What's coming next: Windows 10's July 29 "launch" next week is not a typical one for Microsoft. It's just the start of a slow and staggered rollout for the company's newest operating system. Next week marks the start of availability of Windows 10 for PCs and tablets. Later in calendar 2015,...