Windows 10: Is one OneDrive worth keeping?

Discus and support Is one OneDrive worth keeping? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I uninstall OneDrive, are the files it contains removed from my PC? I've read that OneDrive offers only 5GB of free storage space, after which users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Florio, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Florio Win User

Is one OneDrive worth keeping?

If I uninstall OneDrive, are the files it contains removed from my PC? I've read that OneDrive offers only 5GB of free storage space, after which users have to pay; it hardly seems worth using seeing as I already use Google Drive, and it offers 15GB of free storage space.

:)

Florio, Aug 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 21, 2019
  3. doylebob Win User
    OneDrive keeps crashing in Windows 10

Hi,

Quick update. This fixed it for me:

I suggest you to try resetting OneDrive and check if it helps you in resolving the issue. To do so refer the steps below:

Be aware that resetting OneDrive re-syncs all your OneDrive files, which could take some time depending on how many files you’re syncing.

• Press the Windows key + R to open the Run
      Window
    • In the Run Window enter the following:
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Click OK. The OneDrive system tray icon on the desktop should disappear and re-appear after a minute or two.
    • If the OneDrive system tray icon does not re-appear after a few minutes, do the following. In the Run Window Enter: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

doylebob, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Is one OneDrive worth keeping?

Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Is one OneDrive worth keeping?

1. Is one OneDrive worth keeping? - Similar Threads - OneDrive worth keeping

2. My onedrive keeps on sync and the files are one in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My onedrive keeps on sync and the files are one in Onedrive: Onedrive Sync https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-onedrive-keeps-on-sync-and-the-files-are-one-in/80578ffe-b47b-4470-a95b-a6d22a9e01bc
  3. My onedrive keeps on sync and the files are one in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My onedrive keeps on sync and the files are one in Onedrive: Sync issue with OneDrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-onedrive-keeps-on-sync-and-the-files-are-one-in/f30eb4bd-7ef9-4803-a6dd-b086e5bc2af6
  4. My onedrive keeps on sync and the files are one in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My onedrive keeps on sync and the files are one in Onedrive: Onedrive Sync https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-onedrive-keeps-on-sync-and-the-files-are-one-in/80578ffe-b47b-4470-a95b-a6d22a9e01bc
  5. My onedrive keeps on sync and the files are one in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My onedrive keeps on sync and the files are one in Onedrive: Sync issue with OneDrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-onedrive-keeps-on-sync-and-the-files-are-one-in/f30eb4bd-7ef9-4803-a6dd-b086e5bc2af6
  6. Is keeping S mode on worth?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is keeping S mode on worth?: I haven't had a PC since Windows 7. Apparently, Windows introduced something called "S mode" since then. Googling around, I'm not sure if I should deactivate it or not. I want to use my PC mainly for YouTuber and casual usage stuff. Is S mode worth it? Can you download stuff...
  7. Malwarebytes - worth it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes - worth it?: I am just wondering whetehr or not to put Malwarebytes onto the machine as an addon and what I would like to konw is it necessary and also still have a free version as I cannot find one in a search with Edge. 148991
  8. Is It Worth It?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is It Worth It?: so, im a student, and i only have one machine which is my laptop, which is decent in performance, and has too much RAM (16 gigs), and in my previous machine, i was an insider, and so i would like to find out if it is worth it being an insider for windows 10, and if so, then...
  9. two onedrive accounts, how to choose one to keep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    two onedrive accounts, how to choose one to keep: I HAVE TWO ONEDRIVE ACCOUNTS AND WANT TO CHOOSE ONE TO KEEP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-onedrive-accounts-how-to-choose-one-to-keep/80714a77-38c0-420f-ba77-d5602724b6d2"
  10. SSD worth it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD worth it?: I've had most types of hardware over the years but never had an SSD. Considering changing over now but unsure if worth the cost. Would be going with a 1 TB drive, either Samsung, Mushkin, or SanDisk. I have various software that should be able to do the move already so that...