Windows 10: Is OneDrive a ransomware product?

Discus and support Is OneDrive a ransomware product? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I am incredibly frustrated with OneDrive and Microsoft for asking me if I want to connect to OneDrive, which seemed like a good idea at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Linda:, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Linda: Win User

Is OneDrive a ransomware product?

Hi all,

I am incredibly frustrated with OneDrive and Microsoft for asking me if I want to connect to OneDrive, which seemed like a good idea at the time, so I did it, and now I don't have access to my own document management. I know MS wants me to purchase more space on OneDrive, but holding our data hostage and expecting money to retrieve it is ransomware.

I've spent countless man-hours trying to figure out how to move my files from OneDrive to a backup drive. It's an obvious issue for hundreds, if not thousands, of people based on internet searches and there is NEVER a simple answer to retrieve your data. I've disconnected my computer folders from OneDrive and I immediately lose my docs on OneDrive, I've tried transferring data and it will not transfer, I've tried many tricks that have no effect.

I have no idea who would want to store all of their documents in the cloud rather than on their computer. A duplication of the files I understand, being able to decide on a particular folder or documents I understand, offering to only put the documents in the cloud I understand. But literally moving all the documents to OneDrive without appropriate warning and then making it so difficult to make changes is absolutely mind-blowing to me. I'm so frustrated with MS, I don't want to ever use their products again.

I'm a small business owner. I have to have access to MY documents on MY computer, not OneDrive's documents and not Microsoft's documents, but MY DOCUMENTS. I don't have any more time to waste on this. I have no idea what federal entity would manage this type of egregious behavior, but I'm about to look into it and start a class action lawsuit based on the number of complaints I see online.

Will someone from Microsoft please give us an easy, succinct, and accurate answer on how to get OUR documents off of OneDrive and back onto OUR computers so we can get on with our lives and make some money? You're supposed to be a productivity software company, not a ransomware terrorist organization.

I'm tempted to put this question in the Virus and Malware discussion group.

Respectfully for at least a little while longer,

Linda

:)

Linda:, Oct 28, 2020
  2. Smeed Win User
  3. I have been infected with Ransomware

Oh.

I see that a Community Moderator converted your thread from a Discussion to a Question.

Do you have a question?

It is not quite clear (to me at least) why you've created this thread....

In case that you do indeed have a problem with ransomware:

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

=======================

Also suggestion to read:

Jsssssssss, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Is OneDrive a ransomware product?

How do I reset Edge when get ransomware?

What do you mean by "when get ransomware"?

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

======

For resetting of Edge see:

Jsssssssss, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Is OneDrive a ransomware product?

1. Is OneDrive a ransomware product? - Similar Threads - OneDrive ransomware product

2. Ransomware OneDrive.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ransomware OneDrive.: All my OneDrive files are encrypted by a ransomware attack. What can I do to get them back?Moved from: [PT-BR] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ransomware-onedrive/9e01a534-fa45-4e8f-81d7-2af5dc00789a
  3. Microsoft Onedrive storage and ransomware.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft Onedrive storage and ransomware.: I use Onedrive cloud storage (v 2021, build 21.129.0627.0002, 64-bit) through MS 365 to store backups from my Windows 10 PC (v 21H1, build 19043.1110). Only in rare circumstances do I exit Onedrive while my PC is up. I use a good antivirus package and have never been affected...
  4. Recover files on Onedrive encrypted by ransomware

Recover files on Onedrive encrypted by ransomware: Some of my files on Onedrive can't be opened due to being encrypted by ransomware. They've been added .iqll. It may be a kind of Offline Key infection as I've checked them using EmisoftMy Onedrive account is a 365 Education one. Are there any ways to recover/repair those...
  5. ransomware protection yellow triangle in onedrive

ransomware protection yellow triangle in onedrive: I get the gray x on many folders that don't open. I have a feeling it's because I can't get rid of the onedrive problem. Always says "set up onedrive" which I already am setup and signed in Then says "you are already syncing a onedrive" and can't go any further. Thanks....
  6. OneDrive files contain ransomware

OneDrive files contain ransomware: Hello, my OneDrive is a basic one (OneDrive Basis 5GB-Storage only). When I opened it in my ransomware-infected laptop, I found some files on OneDrive were also infected. In this case when an OneDrive file contains ransomware, will all other files in it be also infected?...
  7. Ransomware protection without Onedrive?

Ransomware protection without Onedrive?: What if you dont have a OneDrive attached? how does Ransomware protect and recreate files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ransomware-protection-without-onedrive/98eb7df4-ad53-4ebb-9846-f593344a82d0
  8. Onedrive Ransomware Protection tries to open 2nd copy of Onedrive

Onedrive Ransomware Protection tries to open 2nd copy of Onedrive: Hi, After updating windows, Windows defender is showing a yellow alert on virus and threat protection. Further investigation shows me it wants to setup onedrive for ransomeware protection. After initiating the process and trying to sign in, i get an error that "you're...
  9. Windows Defender - Ransomware on Onedrive

Windows Defender - Ransomware on Onedrive: Anyone else seen this ... just showed up on my desktop today after a reboot. WDSC under Virus & Threat Protection it had Setup One Drive or Dismiss. I clicked Setup One Drive (which is already setup) ... just to see what it was and all it did was ask me to sign in to One...
  10. Windows Defender - Ransomware - Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender - Ransomware - Onedrive: Anyone else seen this ... just showed up on my desktop today after a reboot. WDSC under Virus & Threat Protection it had Setup One Drive or Dismiss. I clicked Setup One Drive (which is already setup) ... just to see what it was and all it did was ask me to sign in to One...