Windows 10: Is PC free from malware after Clean install?

Discus and support Is PC free from malware after Clean install? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi folks, I had caught a virus or malware about 2 months ago, and I did a clean install after that and I wanted to ask if I can still do anything or if... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by xAventador, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Is PC free from malware after Clean install?

Hi folks, I had caught a virus or malware about 2 months ago, and I did a clean install after that and I wanted to ask if I can still do anything or if I don't have to worry anymore?

:)

xAventador, Aug 13, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Aug 13, 2020
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Aug 13, 2020
  4. bruinator Win User

Is PC free from malware after Clean install?

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Is PC free from malware after Clean install?

1. Is PC free from malware after Clean install? - Similar Threads - free malware Clean

2. Clean Windows Installation to free space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clean Windows Installation to free space: Hellow thereI have a PC wit WIN10 Installed on a 100 GB SSD. Now it has not enough space to download the new Updateds. on closer Inspection i saw that the Folder "Installer\Dateien" is about 70GB and Using most of the SSD Space. How can i clean this installation to free some...
  3. Clean Windows Installation to free space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Windows Installation to free space: Hellow thereI have a PC wit WIN10 Installed on a 100 GB SSD. Now it has not enough space to download the new Updateds. on closer Inspection i saw that the Folder "Installer\Dateien" is about 70GB and Using most of the SSD Space. How can i clean this installation to free some...
  4. Clean Windows Installation to free space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Clean Re-install after Free Upgrade from Windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Clean Re-install after Free Upgrade from Windows 8.1: Hello everybodyMy PC was upgraded to Windows 10 for free from Windows 8.1.Now I have too many issues with it. It fails to update error 0x80240034 no matter what I do. It won't let me install any new app, even Google Chrome "It's time to update your device" and then error...
  6. Windows 10 Clean Re-install after Free Upgrade from Windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Clean Re-install after Free Upgrade from Windows 8.1: Hello everybodyMy PC was upgraded to Windows 10 for free from Windows 8.1.Now I have too many issues with it. It fails to update error 0x80240034 no matter what I do. It won't let me install any new app, even Google Chrome "It's time to update your device" and then error...
  7. Windows 10 Clean Re-install after Free Upgrade from Windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. free vversion reinstall as clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    free vversion reinstall as clean install: I down loaded my free upgrade of win 10 Now i cannot load my office 16 iIam told i need a clean install of win 10 how do i reinstall the free win 19...
  9. Free malware scanners

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Free malware scanners: just a word of warning on free scanners. I have Free Malwarebytes its suggested by Techies to have a second opinion scanner even though Windows Security is now very good. Over recent times Ive uninstalled it on the Apps section no problem but ending up downloading it again...
  10. A good free PC Cleaning Program?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    A good free PC Cleaning Program?: Yeah, I know these programs are mostly useless, but I like the "1 click clean" instead of make all by myself. I used CCleaner for years without a single problem, but now there is that bad news about some malware inside CCleaner, etc...so I want to look for an alternative....