Windows 10: Is phone call from windows support legit?

Discus and support Is phone call from windows support legit? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received a call from a man that stated he worked for windows and that I had a error message runnimg in the background is this legit or a scam?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KDJohnson2, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Is phone call from windows support legit?

I received a call from a man that stated he worked for windows and that I had a error message runnimg in the background is this legit or a scam?

:)

KDJohnson2, Sep 20, 2018
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Winuser Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Dos101 Win User

Is phone call from windows support legit?

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Is phone call from windows support legit?

1. Is phone call from windows support legit? - Similar Threads - phone call support

2. Call from legit Microsoft rep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Call from legit Microsoft rep: How do I stop scam from "Microsoft Security" my laptop became locked up, I call number for Microsoft Security. They call me back from 'secure line' telling me what they had access to -- which was all personal information, including bank account number etc. ?? I am pretty...
  3. Call from legit Microsoft rep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Call from legit Microsoft rep: How do I stop scam from "Microsoft Security" my laptop became locked up, I call number for Microsoft Security. They call me back from 'secure line' telling me what they had access to -- which was all personal information, including bank account number etc. ?? I am pretty...
  4. Is this a legit support website?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a legit support website?: I've been having issues with bluetooth, so I decided to contact ms support. I selected the "need help?" button in the bluetooth settings and was eventually redirected to this site: widget.rave.office.net. Is this a legitamate support chat? They are asking for remote access,...
  5. fake phone calls purporting to be from microsoft support

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fake phone calls purporting to be from microsoft support: It's nice microsoft is cluing us in on this. Too bad they make NO mention of the troll on this and other MS Community boards who send a message purporting to be from microsoft and asking for your IP address and other info. Yea, right....
  6. fake phone calls purporting to be from microsoft support

fake phone calls purporting to be from microsoft support: I am constant harassed by phone call saying they are Microsoft tech and need to change mi ips #. Microsoft need to stop these phone calls and harassements. Audrey...
  7. Microsoft support phone calls

Microsoft support phone calls: I would be interested if anyone else has experienced the following (and been as daft as I was initially). I received a call from 'Microsoft' advising that my PC had a deadly virus and could I clear it. After some chat with an Asian voice I was passed on to possibly a...
  8. Unsolicited 'Microsoft Support' phone calls. Scam?

Unsolicited 'Microsoft Support' phone calls. Scam?: I have receive numerous calls claiming to be from Microsoft and that my W10 computer is at risk. Any info on this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unsolicited-microsoft-support-phone-calls-scam/b829a312-272b-4b69-be55-e8d91e4ddb5d"
  9. Scam or legit call?

Scam or legit call?: I just got a phone call from someone purporting to be from Microsoft. How can I verify that it really is Microsoft? The call came from 615/423-4755. The recording said my software has been compromised and I need a new license. Is this legit?...
  10. Phone-call from Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Phone-call from Microsoft?: Yesterday I received a phone-call from "Microsoft" about a so-called computer problem. The caller ID was 0011055474272. I disconnected because I assumed it was a scam. I do not believe Microsoft makes personal calls to users or consumers. For this post I chose "Windows...