Windows 10: Is Polaris the next desktop Windows and in part open source?

Discus and support Is Polaris the next desktop Windows and in part open source? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; https://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-employee-leaks-windows-core-open-source-components,38476.html 125737 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by martyfelker, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Is Polaris the next desktop Windows and in part open source?

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-employee-leaks-windows-core-open-source-components,38476.html

:)

martyfelker, Jan 22, 2019
  2. hello10 Win User

The Future of Windows: What Are Polaris and Windows Core OS?

"Microsoft wants a single unified operating system for all Windows devices, from Windows 10 PCs to the Xbox One, HoloLens, and potential future Windows Phones. But it’s not quite there yet. Today, a Microsoft project called “OneCore” means that ..."

Source: The Future of Windows: What Are Polaris and Windows Core OS?

That's a logical step, but with all the hardware and software incorporated, I imagine there will more 1809s or ... you fill in the blank.

hello10, Jan 22, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Source to use for DISM on Windows 10

This is not completely true. The suggestion is to download the Techbench version and use DISM to apply to install.wim directly. However, you can also use the version download from MCT except it will involve an extra step as follows:
    1. Use the latest version of 7-Zip to extract the content of install.esd. For example: to a folder xxx on the desktop
    2. From Admin command prompt:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\xxx\windows /LimitAccess

See screen shot, the contents of install.wim and install.esd are exactly the same.

Is Polaris the next desktop Windows and in part open source? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jan 22, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Is Polaris the next desktop Windows and in part open source?

HP to Contribute webOS to Open Source

HP today announced it will contribute the webOS software to the open source community. HP plans to continue to be active in the development and support of webOS. By combining the innovative webOS platform with the development power of the open source community, there is the opportunity to significantly improve applications and web services for the next generation of devices.

webOS offers a number of benefits to the entire ecosystem of web applications. For developers, applications can be easily built using standard web technologies. In addition, its single integrated stack offers multiplatform portability. For device manufacturers, it provides a single web-centric platform to run across multiple devices. As a result, the end user benefits from a fast, immersive user experience.

“webOS is the only platform designed from the ground up to be mobile, cloud-connected and scalable,” said Meg Whitman, HP president and chief executive officer. “By contributing this innovation, HP unleashes the creativity of the open source community to advance a new generation of applications and devices.”

HP will make the underlying code of webOS available under an open source license. Developers, partners, HP engineers and other hardware manufacturers can deliver ongoing enhancements and new versions into the marketplace.

HP will engage the open source community to help define the charter of the open source project under a set of operating principles:
    • The goal of the project is to accelerate the open development of the webOS platform
    • HP will be an active participant and investor in the project
    • Good, transparent and inclusive governance to avoid fragmentation
    • Software will be provided as a pure open source project
    HP also will contribute ENYO, the application framework for webOS, to the community in the near future along with a plan for the remaining components of the user space.

Beginning today, developers and customers are invited to provide input and suggestions here.

btarunr, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

Is Polaris the next desktop Windows and in part open source?

1. Is Polaris the next desktop Windows and in part open source? - Similar Threads - Polaris next desktop

2. WinAppDriver open source

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinAppDriver open source: For test automation of Windows applications, there is only one option as far as I know: WinAppDriver. This component is however severely lacking support from Microsoft. Would it be possible to open source WinAppDriver? That would immediately revive it and probably solve many...
  3. WinAppDriver open source

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinAppDriver open source: For test automation of Windows applications, there is only one option as far as I know: WinAppDriver. This component is however severely lacking support from Microsoft. Would it be possible to open source WinAppDriver? That would immediately revive it and probably solve many...
  4. Windows 8 WHQL, AMD Polaris

Windows 8 WHQL, AMD Polaris: My understanding is you sold me this software with WHQL, meaning AMD must provide Radeon driver for Polaris. However, they only support Win7 and Win10. I demand a refund!Also, iTunes doesn't run on Windows 8.1 despite its being supported until next year. Thanks....
  5. Kaizala Open source

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kaizala Open source: Is Kaizala open source and why not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kaizala-open-source/a5517f8e-2d13-4745-a5ed-a6e21dc56475
  6. Kaizala Open source

Kaizala Open source: Is Kaizala open source and why not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kaizala-open-source/a5517f8e-2d13-4745-a5ed-a6e21dc56475
  7. Open Source Project

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Open Source Project: Hello ! I have created a new file format with compressed animation. This is an Open Source project. I have an editor and viewer written. I have an Open Source certificate. Can I put my editor and viewer in the MicroSoft Store ? Of course for free ;-...
  8. Is Polaris the next desktop Windows and in part open source?

in Windows 10 News
    Is Polaris the next desktop Windows and in part open source?: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-employee-leaks-windows-core-open-source-components,38476.html 125737
  9. Desktop partly unusable.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop partly unusable.: I'm running an up to date Windows 10 x 64 with dual monitors which was fine until 15 minutes ago. Now right click does not work on upper 2/3 of my desktop and all icons have moved down and can not be moved up. Strangely my Rocket Dock is still sitting at the top and working...
  10. Unresponsive Part on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive Part on Desktop: hey, i am posting about a problem i have been having for quite some time, with windows 10 as well as 7. Its rather hard to explain, which could be the reason i came up empty on searching for it, so i'll start with an image: [img] Sometimes, after closing a full...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows polaris