Windows 10: Is possible swap two windows 10 licenses ? Home PC1 and Pro PC2

Discus and support Is possible swap two windows 10 licenses ? Home PC1 and Pro PC2 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; s possible swap two windows 10 licenses ? Home PC1 and Pro PC2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Phantom2007, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Is possible swap two windows 10 licenses ? Home PC1 and Pro PC2

[COLOR=rgba243, 242, 241, 1]s possible swap two windows 10 licenses ? Home PC1 and Pro PC2[/COLOR]

:)

Phantom2007, Mar 28, 2021

2. Subtleties of transferring of Windows license

I’m sorry for waiting…

The description of my situation:

• Before I had got the desktop with Windows8.1 Professional (FOC-license, YUP (Upgrade).
    • I’m a member the Windows Insider Program.
    • I installed Windows 10 Insider Preview (build 10158) on PC after 29th July. Licensed copy of Windows 8.1 was running at starting of setup Windows 10 Insider Preview.
    • After that I installed Windows 10 RTM (build 10240). I start Windows 10 RTM setup in Windows 10 Insider Preview.
    I had got Windows 10 Pro (build 10240) on PC2.

I’ve some questions:

• How to definite Windows 10 RTM license type (FOC or OEM)?
    • Is that lawfully to do so I did?
    • Can I transfer Windows 10 Pro license from my desktop (PC1) to my laptop (PC2) without reinstalling Windows 10 Home OEM (just entering Windows 10 Pro serial number from PC1 to PC2))?
    Yours faithfully,

Alexander Shtriker, Mar 28, 2021
  3. PC1 can NOT see PC2 but PC2 can see PC1

I have seen similar problems but not quite the same - i.e. PC1 does not even see PC2 - no errors etc. As far as I understand both have sharing enabled, both are 'discoverable' and anything else I have seen referenced. ON PC2 I can also SEE a Windows tablet
    when connected but haven't tried anything further. Any help appreciated

Is possible swap two windows 10 licenses ? Home PC1 and Pro PC2 13667bfd-fada-4ea4-86ca-267c0e1fd69e?upload=true.jpg

peterhw100, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Is possible swap two windows 10 licenses ? Home PC1 and Pro PC2

Switching Windows 10 Home and Pro

Hi,

I had windows 10 Pro on PC1 and windows 10 Home on PC2. I needed to switch Home and Pro between PC1 and PC2 i.e PC1 to have Home and PC2 to have Pro. I created Windows 10 Home USB flash bootable drive from PC2. Installed Windows 10 Home on PC1 from USB drive.
    I had already copied keys from both the machines. After installation of Home on PC1 I activated windows using key of PC2(this is key for Windows 10 Home). So, PC1 got Windows 10 Home. But, on PC2 when I tried to upgrade to Pro using key from PC1 (this is product
    key for Pro) the windows got activated but still the "System->About" is showing Windows 10 Home. When I checked key on both the machines they were still showing old keys i.e PC1 still had Pro key while PC2 had Home key. Below is the command I used to get product
    key.

(Get-WmiObject -query 'select * from SoftwareLicensingService').

Can anyone please suggest any solution.

Thanks,

Kislay

KislayMohan, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

Is possible swap two windows 10 licenses ? Home PC1 and Pro PC2

1. Is possible swap two windows 10 licenses ? Home PC1 and Pro PC2 - Similar Threads - possible swap licenses

2. When sharing a folder from Pc1 to Pc2 it work fine but when pc1 restart or shutdown next...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When sharing a folder from Pc1 to Pc2 it work fine but when pc1 restart or shutdown next...: When sharing a folder from Pc1 to Pc2 it work fine but when pc1 restart or shutdown next day again we start our pc1 folder stop sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-sharing-a-folder-from-pc1-to-pc2-it-work-fine/2daa51d5-62b4-4dc5-b139-190b6743d821
  3. When sharing a folder from Pc1 to Pc2 it work fine but when pc1 restart or shutdown next...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When sharing a folder from Pc1 to Pc2 it work fine but when pc1 restart or shutdown next...: When sharing a folder from Pc1 to Pc2 it work fine but when pc1 restart or shutdown next day again we start our pc1 folder stop sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-sharing-a-folder-from-pc1-to-pc2-it-work-fine/2daa51d5-62b4-4dc5-b139-190b6743d821
  4. Switching Windows 10 licenses between two laptops Home license and Pro license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching Windows 10 licenses between two laptops Home license and Pro license: I have a question in regards to migrating windows licenses between laptops. My current laptop has a windows 10 pro license on it. I'm planning to purchase a new laptop that has a windows 10 home license on it. Is it possible to switch licenses around between two different...
  5. Swap Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home edition license between two laptops

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Swap Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home edition license between two laptops: Hi All, I had an Dell XPS 15 laptop purchased many years back. I also had bought windows 10 Pro when it was launched. Now recently I bought an Dell Alienware laptop and I wish to swap the license between this two laptops. Please let me know how I can do that. Thanks...
  6. Is it possible to swap Windows licenses between computers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to swap Windows licenses between computers?: So I recently bought a laptop, which has a license for Windows 10 Pro, while my main desktop has the standard home edition. Both are registered (as far as I know) to my MS account. Is it possible to transfer the Pro license to my desktop where it will be more useful, and the...
  7. Swapping Windows Pro License

Swapping Windows Pro License: Hi I have a Windows 10 Pro installation on my current laptop. I am buying a new Lenovo laptop which comes with a Windows 10 Home version pre-installed. Since I am planning to give my current laptop to my kid, I would like to swap the licenses. Meaning, I would like to...
  8. PC1 can NOT see PC2 but PC2 can see PC1

PC1 can NOT see PC2 but PC2 can see PC1: I have seen similar problems but not quite the same - i.e. PC1 does not even see PC2 - no errors etc. As far as I understand both have sharing enabled, both are 'discoverable' and anything else I have seen referenced. ON PC2 I can also SEE a Windows tablet when connected...
  9. Swapping Windows licenses between two computers

Swapping Windows licenses between two computers: I know something like this has been asked before but my question is ever so slightly different First computer AMD desktop, Windows 10 Pro (upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate original promotional DVD given by Microsoft, I was actually given 5 of these for various project...
  10. My PC1 is slow to boot when my PC2 is shut off

My PC1 is slow to boot when my PC2 is shut off: I need help with slow booting of win10.. 1.my pc1 is connected via network cable to my router 2. my second pc2C is minix neo win10 media device, connected to same router 3. on that PC2 neo win10 media device i have usb disk1 which has shared movies and series folder 3.i have...