Windows 10: Is possible to restore the Search layout/UI from Windows 1803?

Discus and support Is possible to restore the Search layout/UI from Windows 1803? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is the one I am referring too, https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/99fjig/new_search_layout_1803_not_an_insider_build/ I think it looks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xcloudgamer2020, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Is possible to restore the Search layout/UI from Windows 1803?

/u/xcloudgamer2020, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 13, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Necro Win User

Is possible to restore the Search layout/UI from Windows 1803?

Backup and Restore Start Layout in Windows 10  

Hi @Brink and thanks for the answer!

I have backup and restore several times in 1709 with success, since this is the only tutorial i found to really work! I'm also aware that apps not installed wont show on the restored layout.

Maybe the issue is that i'm trying to restore a saved 1709 layout and restore it on a 1803 version? Can you test it because i don't have any machines on 1709, but will try as you did, backup and restore on a 1803 version.

Thanks again!

Edit: I was able to test again and here are my findings:
    - Restoring a layout from 1709 to 1803 won't work *Sad
    - Restoring a layout from 1803 to 1803 works!

I compared the code lines of both files but didn't see anything at first glance that caught my attention, but maybe there is a way to successfully import a previous 1709 layout to the latest 1803 version?

Necro, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Is possible to restore the Search layout/UI from Windows 1803?

1. Is possible to restore the Search layout/UI from Windows 1803? - Similar Threads - possible restore Search

2. Search pane layout

in Cortana
    Search pane layout: My search pane used to look like the following :With the search results on the left panel and additional options for the current selection on the right panel.But recently my search pane has changed to this layout :As you see, I no longer have the right panel.This is a real...
  3. Search pane layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search pane layout: My search pane used to look like the following :With the search results on the left panel and additional options for the current selection on the right panel.But recently my search pane has changed to this layout :As you see, I no longer have the right panel.This is a real...
  4. Search pane layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is this a known Search UI bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a known Search UI bug?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fuu_dev [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6565w/is_this_a_known_search_ui_bug/
  6. NTFS Object UI Search

NTFS Object UI Search: I have a powershell script that restores databases I have it as a sql agent job but for some reason the archive databases after the restore doesnt work. I was thinking maybe folder permissions but not sure. I tried adding SQLSERVERAGENT but says it cant find it. I think I...
  7. Search UI from the WinX Menu is invisible

in Windows 10 Support
    Search UI from the WinX Menu is invisible: The whole Search thing in W10 is dickered!!! The Search UI from the WinX Menu is invisible! Still fetches a result but, it's invisible!!! *Confusedconfused:*Confused [img] 159566
  8. Is it possible to use MCT 1803 ?

Is it possible to use MCT 1803 ?: I have a Media Creation Tool 1803 but I can't run it because it's too old. Is it possible to use it to create a 1803 64-bit Windows 10 ISO ? I really need this version and not any newer. submitted by /u/magiCAHIK [link] [comments]...
  9. update W10 from 1803 to 1809 is not possible.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update W10 from 1803 to 1809 is not possible.: During the update process i got the message: Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation. At History of updates I saw: Onderdelenupdate naar Windows 10, versie 1809 x64 2019-08C (2)...
  10. Is it possible to save/restore a layout (of apps, etc.) used alot?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to save/restore a layout (of apps, etc.) used alot?: For example, I boot up. A lot of times I'll use split screens for a: code editor, web browser (or two), Photoshop, and say an instance of Windows Media Player for video. Is there anything out there that will allow me to pull these programs up in their initial positions to...