Windows 10: Is pressing "delete" on your keyboard a "back" button on your task bar?

Discus and support Is pressing "delete" on your keyboard a "back" button on your task bar? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was going through folders in my taskbar, and I accidentally pressed "delete" on my keyboard, and it sent me back to where the folder was to click.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GOAT432, Jun 10, 2023.

1. GOAT432 Win User

Is pressing "delete" on your keyboard a "back" button on your task bar?

I was going through folders in my taskbar, and I accidentally pressed "delete" on my keyboard, and it sent me back to where the folder was to click.

:)

GOAT432, Jun 10, 2023
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Start button, task bar menu and swipe does not work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: End Task the Windows Explorer.

• Open task manager (CRTL+SHIFT+ESC)

• Right-click on windows explorer

• End task (Note: don’t close Task manager)

• Click on File > Run new task

• Type explorer.exe and press enter

• Your search bar should be functional again.

Step 2: If Start button is not working then I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 3: Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl + Alt+ Delete and select
    Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 10, 2023
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Task view button not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: End Task the Windows Explorer.

• Open task manager (CRTL+SHIFT+ESC)
    • Right-click on windows explorer
    • End task (Note: don’t close Task manager)
    • Click on File > Run new task
    • Type explorer.exe and press enter
    • Your search bar should be functional again.

Step 2: If Taskbar is not working then I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 3: Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl + Alt+ Delete and select
    Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 10, 2023
  4. Is pressing "delete" on your keyboard a "back" button on your task bar?

Windows 10 Start button, task bar menu and swipe does not work

Dear Arun B J,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my query. But unfortunately this has not helped. Let me give you some more information on this.

I had tried all the remedies that you can find when you type in "Windows 10 start button is not working' in bing or google... ie. powershell.. safe boot etc.. non of them worked and then I wrote to the window community.

I have tried all the steps you have told me to do, but it has not helped me as the start button still does not work. also the window store icon and mail icon in the task bar is also invisible and only when I put the cursor on those it only shows the name
    i.e store or Mail. They are also not working when click them.

I am really in trouble as I can not use the start button as I should be able to.

PLEASE HELP... When would Microsoft have an remedy for this....

Thanks

Partha

ParthaHShaikh, Jun 10, 2023
Thema:

Is pressing "delete" on your keyboard a "back" button on your task bar?

1. Is pressing "delete" on your keyboard a "back" button on your task bar? - Similar Threads - pressing delete keyboard

2. Is pressing "delete" on your keyboard a "back" button on your task bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is pressing "delete" on your keyboard a "back" button on your task bar?: I was going through folders in my taskbar, and I accidentally pressed "delete" on my keyboard, and it sent me back to where the folder was to click....
  3. task bar buttons not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task bar buttons not working: half of my task bar buttons dont work. Also I play a game online and most of the skill buttons now dont work also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-buttons-not-working/13065c04-31cf-47e2-b50d-bbcbcf88d499
  4. task bar buttons not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task bar buttons not working: half of my task bar buttons dont work. Also I play a game online and most of the skill buttons now dont work also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-buttons-not-working/13065c04-31cf-47e2-b50d-bbcbcf88d499
  5. Weather button on Task bar

Weather button on Task bar: When I click on the weather buttonshown above it pulls up a box with a bunch of stuff I don't care aboutshown below. I was wondering if it's possible to change this to show only weather statistics or something more helpful? Thank you...
  6. Weather button on Task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weather button on Task bar: When I click on the weather buttonshown above it pulls up a box with a bunch of stuff I don't care aboutshown below. I was wondering if it's possible to change this to show only weather statistics or something more helpful? Thank you...
  7. Task Bar & Start Button

Task Bar & Start Button: After installing firmware updates and others for Windows 11, everything at the bottom of the page including the task bar, start buttons, clock, wifi, speaker volume, all disappeared....
  8. Extra Task Bar Buttons

Extra Task Bar Buttons: I got on my laptop and suddenly my task bar has extra buttons and when i press windows it comes up with a weird menu. When I press anything on touch screen it brings up an on screen keyboard. Also I cant have apps in front of the other apps. pictures below anyone have a fix?...
  9. Bluetooth button on task bar ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth button on task bar ?: Is it possible to place the bluetooth icon on the task bar ? It keeps hiding on that little tray. Sometimes it's there sometimes it's not. So frustrating. Thanks. submitted by /u/babygorilla90 [link] [comments]...
  10. Speaker button on task bar

Speaker button on task bar: When I click on the speaker button on my task bar, nothing happens. I am unable to increase the volume of my speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-button-on-task-bar/6efbd51d-6068-4526-8b96-0364bc4abc90