Windows 10: Is remote desktop the best option?

Discus and support Is remote desktop the best option? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I have a PC desktop at home which is my main computer and a 2019 macbook pro 15, which I use for work and travel. I have been spending more and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/king718, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Is remote desktop the best option?

So, I have a PC desktop at home which is my main computer and a 2019 macbook pro 15, which I use for work and travel. I have been spending more and more time outside the house and unable to use my main computer. Is remote desktop the best way to use my computer while I am away? Is Apache Guacamole similar?

I just want to be able to fully use the computer (download, install programs, run programs etc). Also, is possibleto be able to lock the computer and unlock on demand (live with a roommate).

submitted by /u/king718
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/king718, Nov 26, 2020
  2. techpun Win User

Remote Desktop Options

I have Windows 7 machine which is on 24/7 which I would like to remote into with security and ease kept in mind. What are your suggestions? Is RDP good enough?

techpun, Nov 26, 2020
  3. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Is remote desktop the best option?

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Is remote desktop the best option?

1. Is remote desktop the best option? - Similar Threads - remote desktop best

2. Remote Desktop Services Manager Disconnect Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Services Manager Disconnect Option: Hello,I have a Windows 2016 Standard server running Remote Desktop Host and Services. Prior to Windows 2012, I used to be able to go into Remote Desktop Services Manager, click on any connected user then select "Remote Control" from the options on the right-hand side of the...
  3. Remote Desktop Services Manager Disconnect Option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Services Manager Disconnect Option: Hello,I have a Windows 2016 Standard server running Remote Desktop Host and Services. Prior to Windows 2012, I used to be able to go into Remote Desktop Services Manager, click on any connected user then select "Remote Control" from the options on the right-hand side of the...
  4. Best remote desktop client for accessing a Mac?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best remote desktop client for accessing a Mac?: I'm using Windows for the first time in a very long time and want to use a remote desktop to access my MacBook on the same screen. What's the best remote desktop client to do that? Just Microsoft's remote desktop? I'm using Parsec for gaming on this computer on my Mac and...
  5. secure remote desktop option?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    secure remote desktop option?: I'd like to set up a way to remotely access my mom's laptop so I can help her with random minor issues using windows and the internet when I'm not at her house. I was looking into installing the RDP wrapper to enable remote desktop on her Win10 PC, but then read that it's a...
  6. secure remote desktop option?

in Windows 10 Support
    secure remote desktop option?: I'd like to set up a way to remotely access my mom's laptop so I can help her with random minor issues using windows and the internet when I'm not at her house. I was looking into installing the RDP wrapper to enable remote desktop on her Win10 PC, but then read that it's a...
  7. Remote Desktop option is greyed out on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Remote Desktop option is greyed out on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some users have reported that the Allow remote connections to this computer are greyed out and by default, the Don’t allow remote connections to this […] This article Remote Desktop option is greyed out on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Remote Desktop options greyed out

Remote Desktop options greyed out: Hi, Hoping this is the correct area for this issue and that maybe someone has some suggestions because I have been unable to find anything. It's quite simple, the Remote Desktop options have both become greyed out. The 'allow remote help requests' is still available. I...
  9. Remote Desktop option disabled

Remote Desktop option disabled: Hi Team, I am using windows 10 .I have issues to access with Remote Desktop .I did not see any settings related to Remote Desktop . i can see option for Remote access .Could you please help me how to get Remote Desktop option . Thanks Madhu 36392
  10. Best Desktops ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Best Desktops ?: Hello Who has the best reputation these days for desktops: Dell Asus Or... ? Best to stay away from HP ? $ 600 range. No gaming. Just basic word processing, some light spreadsheets, and internet. Thanks, R. 100971