Windows 10: Is resetting my computer constantly harmful?

Discus and support Is resetting my computer constantly harmful? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; (Sorry if my English is not perfect I am native) I have been working with a Windows 10 for about 2 or 3 years, and in the first year, I didn’t really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iiOmqRCS, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Is resetting my computer constantly harmful?

(Sorry if my English is not perfect I am native)

I have been working with a Windows 10 for about 2 or 3 years, and in the first year, I didn’t really care about my computer getting any type of malware, since I store everything online and I don’t share any personal information (or so I think, but since early 2019 I started caring more about the performance of my computer and security of my data. I tried using various antivirus softwares(Norton, Avast, Etc.), but none of them exterminated malware.

Tired of having a slow computer, I tried resetting my computer for it to perform better, after a few hours it to reset, and when it was done I just had to install the apps I previously owned, and it was just like new. 4 months later, I got a virus from a phony looking website, and I reseted my computer, only to be formatted again just a week later.

The incident happened about 6 months ago, and I am not currently planning on resetting my computer once again, on fear of breaking it.

TL;DR: I reset my computer a lot, and I am scared it could get harmed.

submitted by /u/iiOmqRCS
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iiOmqRCS, Oct 17, 2020
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Oct 17, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How do I install windows 10 without harming my windows 7?

Here's what I suggest you to do:
    1. From Windows 7, download & Install Macrium Reflect Free. Connect one of your new 500GB HD and clone your current Windows 7 to it. Follow step 1,2,3 from the screen shot:

Is resetting my computer constantly harmful? [​IMG]

1. Disconnect your current Windows 7 then boot up with the new cloned copy of Windows 7
    2. Upgrade it to Windows 10 so it will be fully activated.
    3. If you decide to keep Windows 10 then do a fresh install of Windows 10. If not, disconnect the 500GB HD containing Windows 10 then re-connect your Windows 7
    4. You are back to where it was before.

topgundcp, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Vero Win User

Is resetting my computer constantly harmful?

Windows 10 computer causes router to reset constantly

I have three computers in the network.

One of them was Windows 8.1 and recently upgraded to Windows 10.

When this computer is turned on and it connects to internet, most times it causes router to start resetting itself constantly: all router lights off, then they come on until it connects, a few seconds afterwards, the process starts again and so on. Sometimes this is resolved by rebooting the Windows 10 computer and then it works well and router stays connected. But sometimes, it cannot be used because router starts resetting and nobody can have internet access.

When this computer is off, the router works ok.

Any ideas on how to fix this will be really appreciated. The computer had no issues when it had Windows 8.1

Thanks.

EDIT:

As suggested by CBHacking in comments below, we installed WireShark. The Windows 10 computer has lots of ARP requests like "Who has 10.0.0.2? Tell 10.0.0.7". IP 10.0.0.2 is always the router. Then, another thing that looks strange is that there are many "Browser" protocol requests, sent to IP 10.0.0.255. Don't know why to that IP address and this looks like a suspect. These requests read "Request Announcement COMPUTERNAME", or "Browser Election Request", or Request Announcement WORKGROUP<1d>.

Wireshark running on a Windows 7 computer on the same network is not showing these requests. The Windows 10 one looks like it is mad making lots of Browser requests. No device has IP 10.0.0.255 where it sends these messages.

Any ideas on what these are, and how we could stop them? Is this 10.0.0.255 IP address something that is misconfigured?

Thanks for any help.

Thema:

Is resetting my computer constantly harmful?

1. Is resetting my computer constantly harmful? - Similar Threads - resetting computer constantly

2. Useless and harmful processes in Windows 10 for the computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Useless and harmful processes in Windows 10 for the computer.: I am an ordinary gamer. I purchased Windows 10 only because I need to install an MMO game that I play with my friends who are living in different parts of this planet. When I turn on my computer, I open the Google browser, check Google Mail, read Google News, and then launch...
  3. Will Roblox give me a virus or harm my computer on download?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Will Roblox give me a virus or harm my computer on download?: Roblox is one of my favorite games despite it being free and I'm getting tired of playing the same limited games with limited control on mobile. I asked my parents if we can get it on the family gaming computer so I can have more control and play better games on Roblox but...
  4. Reset windows harmful?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset windows harmful?: I want to do it because i found issue with system when installed antivirus. I found srttrail.txt when used auto repair. Keep my files is my option, i just wanna reset win. Does reset windows harm my ssd? submitted by /u/baolongcs [link] [comments]...
  5. These files might be harmful to your computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    These files might be harmful to your computer: How do I disable this notice? I have read many things .. watched YT videos .. followed the steps .. it all comes to a halt when it tells me to enter the IP address .. how do I find that for a USB memory?...
  6. Is Java harmful to the computer?

Is Java harmful to the computer?: Hi, I have a PC where there is an administrator (my father :]) and I have an application (Badlion Client, a client with modifications for Minecraft) and with this application I can play these mods. As you may know, Minecraft is Java, this client is also Java, because this is...
  7. Can uninstalling an update cause any harm to my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can uninstalling an update cause any harm to my computer?: After installing the most recent update on 18/04/2020, chrome has stopped working properly in combination with the screen time limits. I need to uninstall this update but I don't know if this will harm my computer in any way....
  8. Does Reseting One Computer with the Same Account as Another Harm the Other Computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does Reseting One Computer with the Same Account as Another Harm the Other Computer?: I am reseting a computer to give it to my neighbor. When I go to the reset menu, it says that it deletes all accounts on the PC. I use this same account on another PC. Will it delete the account or will it just delete it from the PC? Thanks...
  9. These files might be harmful to your computer

These files might be harmful to your computer: I transferred some of my files from my phone to my hard drive, but once I sorted and transferred those files to the folders a warning always shows up. No virus or anything on my Windows 10 laptop and this warning is already grating on my nerves. What can I do about it? Thanks...
  10. Can I harm my computer installing an unsigned driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I harm my computer installing an unsigned driver?: Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software... But Marvell website Support - Driver Downloads - Marvell Doesn't have in its website the Marvell 91XX Sata Controller 6GB Driver, can I really harm my computer? I have installed the same driver for Windows 10...