Windows 10: Is Riot Vanguard causing my computer to restart?

Discus and support Is Riot Vanguard causing my computer to restart? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For the past couple of months, I have been getting PC restarts. Changing the settings to make the PC not restart only makes it completely freeze.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ethan Rao, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Ethan Rao Win User

Is Riot Vanguard causing my computer to restart?

For the past couple of months, I have been getting PC restarts. Changing the settings to make the PC not restart only makes it completely freeze. Today I tried the minidump method, and I uploaded them to OneDrive.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atf26tIQQ4TEo1edUuVdBV2WjcV_?e=CqRs8q

I also took a look at them myself using the WinDbg tool - two of the minidumps pointed towards Riot Vanguard. Am I correct here? Should I just uninstall Riot Vanguard and Valorant for a while and see if that was indeed the issue?

:)

Ethan Rao, Sep 16, 2020

2. BSOD on shutdown and restarts

Its called riot vanguard. People were saying its a rootkit anti cheat software. Not quite sure what that means.

NathanLeung1025, Sep 16, 2020
  3. __AW__ Win User
    Bluescreen after a few minutes of first startup of the day

The most probable cause of the BSODs is the Vanguard anti-cheat driver. It's implicated in four of the five dumps. The other crash was a nonspecific memory corruption.

vgk.sys

Fri Jul 31 05:27:22 2020

C:\Program Files\Riot Vanguard\vgk.sys

Vanguard anti-cheat

__AW__, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Is Riot Vanguard causing my computer to restart?

random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Is Riot Vanguard causing my computer to restart?

1. Is Riot Vanguard causing my computer to restart? - Similar Threads - Riot Vanguard causing

2. An error with "\SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\fvevol.sys" with Riot Vanguard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An error with "\SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\fvevol.sys" with Riot Vanguard: This is a valorant related issue, I do not have bitlocker and cant find a way to fix the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-error-with-systemrootsystem32driversfvevolsys/18db23d1-4ada-4354-abb0-9ac64666fcd1
  3. Error with :\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\DelIRctLsys riot vanguard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error with :\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\DelIRctLsys riot vanguard.: I’ve seen other people ask about a similar issue but none with the ending as mine. I’ve been able to locate what it’s asking me to delete since riot vanguard has told me there is an issue but I have no idea how to fix it or delete it. I cannot delete the file since it’s...
  4. Error with :\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\DelIRctLsys riot vanguard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error with :\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\DelIRctLsys riot vanguard.: I’ve seen other people ask about a similar issue but none with the ending as mine. I’ve been able to locate what it’s asking me to delete since riot vanguard has told me there is an issue but I have no idea how to fix it or delete it. I cannot delete the file since it’s...
  5. Riot Vanguard uninstall error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Riot Vanguard uninstall error: I have just uninstalled the riot vanguard client, and in the original folder I can't uninstall two files, called vgk.sys and vgk_2023-02-17_16-00-14. I tried to see if they were running in the background, but I didn't find them. Whenever I try to uninstall them it says that...
  6. Riot Vanguard uninstall error

Riot Vanguard uninstall error: I have just uninstalled the riot vanguard client, and in the original folder I can't uninstall two files, called vgk.sys and vgk_2023-02-17_16-00-14. I tried to see if they were running in the background, but I didn't find them. Whenever I try to uninstall them it says that...
  7. Can't play Riot Vanguard- incompatible software message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play Riot Vanguard- incompatible software message: Hello Microsoft, can you help me to solve this problem? I don't know why this message appears alone even though I have never done anything on my laptop. Because of that I can't play the valorant game. I've done several ways to get out of the problem but the annoying...
  8. Can't play Riot Vanguard- incompatible software message

Can't play Riot Vanguard- incompatible software message: Hello Microsoft, can you help me to solve this problem? I don't know why this message appears alone even though I have never done anything on my laptop. Because of that I can't play the valorant game. I've done several ways to get out of the problem but the annoying...
  9. An error with "\SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\fvevol.sys" with Riot Vanguard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An error with "\SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\fvevol.sys" with Riot Vanguard: Every time I turn on my computer, a message pops up about how Riot Vanguard detected an incompatible software and that I need to remove it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both Vanguard and VALORANT, restarted my computer multiple times, and checked for system updates in...
  10. An error with "\SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\fvevol.sys" with Riot Vanguard

An error with "\SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\fvevol.sys" with Riot Vanguard: Every time I turn on my computer, a message pops up about how Riot Vanguard detected an incompatible software and that I need to remove it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both Vanguard and VALORANT, restarted my computer multiple times, and checked for system updates in...