Windows 10: Is Running a virtual machine safe to help detect viruses,rats,etc...

Discus and support Is Running a virtual machine safe to help detect viruses,rats,etc... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I’m pretty new to this, and their is this file I want to download, but I’m not sure if it’s a virus or not. So, is using a virtual machine going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hshsbdbd, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Is Running a virtual machine safe to help detect viruses,rats,etc...

So I’m pretty new to this, and their is this file I want to download, but I’m not sure if it’s a virus or not. So, is using a virtual machine going to help me solve this problem? Is using a vm safe for running files that may be viruses?

submitted by /u/hshsbdbd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hshsbdbd, Aug 23, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

BSOD when launching Virtual Machine

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I understand how difficult it could be when the computer doesn’t work as it is supposed to, we will look into this for you. Please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps:

• Which application are you using to create Virtual Machine?
    • Does the issue occur only when launching a Virtual Machine?
    • Have you reinstalled Windows on the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have analyzed the dump files shared by you. Since the issue occurs when you launch Virtual Machine, I suggest you to try disabling the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and double click on it to open
      Properties.
    4. Select Disabled from the drop down for
      Startup and Stop the service.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Running a Virtual Machine under Windows 10.

Hello J. Villanueva,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with running a Virtual Machine under Windows 10 in the system and getting error message: “Virtual PC 2007 SP1 does not work on this version of Windows”.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Run virtual machines on Windows 8.1 with Client Hyper-V

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/hyper-v-run-virtual-machines

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

For more information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Is Running a virtual machine safe to help detect viruses,rats,etc...

How to Remove RAT

I'm not sure if these Revenge-RAT v0.3 file detections have anything to do with what you are having:

What is this exe file? Is this file safe? Check here

When you're clicking on the red "Not trusted" you'll see more details and also links to respective VirusTotal scans.

Suggestion to run the Emsisoft Emergency Kit, see item 3 here:
    List of Malware Removal Tools

Perhaps it's best to ask for free expert help in a specialized forum, see i.e. here:

Might be best to do a clean reinstall, please do read through
    this
    thread.

Jsssssssss, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Is Running a virtual machine safe to help detect viruses,rats,etc...

1. Is Running a virtual machine safe to help detect viruses,rats,etc... - Similar Threads - Running virtual machine

2. SRW detected you are running in a virtual machine. Can someone help me ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SRW detected you are running in a virtual machine. Can someone help me ?: i have new samsung galaxy book 2 pro and I have installed a vm ware. I keep getting the error of SRW detected you are running in a virtual machine. Can someone help me ? IT from work has worked on this all week and as well as myself. Going through all the steps listed for...
  3. SRW detected you are running in a virtual machine. Can someone help me ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SRW detected you are running in a virtual machine. Can someone help me ?: i have new samsung galaxy book 2 pro and I have installed a vm ware. I keep getting the error of SRW detected you are running in a virtual machine. Can someone help me ? IT from work has worked on this all week and as well as myself. Going through all the steps listed for...
  4. Virus in virtual machine

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus in virtual machine: Guys, when a virus infects the virtual machine and sets the config to spread this virus to local networks, we can say that this virus escapes the virtual machine, but is there any way to block it?...
  5. RAT virus

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAT virus: Hey guys, earlier yesterday i believe my pc got infected by a RAT keylogger from something i downloaded and ended up crashing a game of mine and stealing everything in it by bypassing 2 factor authentication and a pin i had. Reasons why im pretty sure its a RAT: 1.) I use...
  6. Virtual Machine Help

Virtual Machine Help: Back when I first started using VMs, everything was fine at first. But when I reinstalled Windows 7 in a Virtual Machine and then when I use it the whole desktop doesnt work anymore. Explorer.exe keeps on freezing, File Explorer won't open, and it always does the same thing...
  7. Virtual machine to run linux

Virtual machine to run linux: Windows is not my main OS. I use it for work and I'd like to install openSUSE (or any other distribution) on a virtual machine to use while I do office work on Windows. What are my options? submitted by /u/C8H10N4O2montreal [link] [comments]...
  8. Virtual Machine Running Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Machine Running Issue: Hi Guys... I am using VM Ware Workstation Pro 15, I want to run virtual machine on it. It displays an error is (VMware Workstation and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible. VMware Workstation can be run after disabling Device/Credential Guard.)...
  9. Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine: How to: Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine [img] Information Nested Virtualization means that user can enable Hyper-V on existing virtual machines, and run virtual machines and Windows Sandbox on them. To make Nested Virtualization...
  10. Virtual Machines/Virus Software

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual Machines/Virus Software: Hi, This is unrelated to Win 10 so thought this area might be best I put the VMWare Player on my PC to use Win 10 and would also like to now try putting XP on it for a bit of nostalgia, no networking with host but would like internet on it Is it safe to run XP under...