Windows 10: Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ?

Discus and support Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Simple as the title. Is safe to delete the "Panther" folder at C:\Windows directory. Note : i think it is created after a (succesful) repair upgrade.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bug locker, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ?

Simple as the title. Is safe to delete the "Panther" folder at C:\Windows directory.
    Note : i think it is created after a (succesful) repair upgrade.
    I run Windows 10 Pro x64 ver 20H2 build 19042.685. Thanks.*Smile

:)

bug locker, Dec 18, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ? ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Dec 18, 2020
  3. C windows installer folder - Delete?

So I personally don't have any problems with this folder at the moment but one of my friends is wondering if it's safe to delete everything in that folder since he is trying to free up some space on his hard drive. Thanks!

BondExtreme, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ?

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ?

1. Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ? - Similar Threads - safe delete WindowsPanther

2. Can I delete a folder on C drive safely?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete a folder on C drive safely?: Recently I wanted to clear storage on my c drive so I uninstalled some architecture related software like revit and AutoCad as I no longer needed them. After the installation some storage had freed up but not as much as a thought it would. I opened the C drive and found a 22...
  3. Can I delete a folder on C drive safely?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete a folder on C drive safely?: Recently I wanted to clear storage on my c drive so I uninstalled some architecture related software like revit and AutoCad as I no longer needed them. After the installation some storage had freed up but not as much as a thought it would. I opened the C drive and found a 22...
  4. Can I delete a folder on C drive safely?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is it safe to delete all empty folders from C:\ ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete all empty folders from C:\ ?: Hello,I've found a short line of CMD code that finds and deletes empty folders from any directory:for /f "delims=" %i in 'dir /s /b /ad ^ sort /r' do rd "%i" 2>NUL I would like to run it in C: \, but I'm concerned it might damage the entire filesystem and make my PC unusable....
  6. Is it safe to delete all empty folders from C:\ ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to delete all empty folders from C:\ ?: Hello,I've found a short line of CMD code that finds and deletes empty folders from any directory:for /f "delims=" %i in 'dir /s /b /ad ^ sort /r' do rd "%i" 2>NUL I would like to run it in C: \, but I'm concerned it might damage the entire filesystem and make my PC unusable....
  7. Is it safe to delete this folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete this folder?: I have a Google folder in my C:\Users\[myname]\AppData\Local folder. I briefly had Chrome installed when I first got my current laptop, but then uninstalled it and I'm not sure if this folder is just a leftover product of that. Is it at all safe to delete to delete this...
  8. Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ?: Simple as the title. Is safe to delete the "Panther" folder at C:\Windows directory. Note : i think it is created after a (succesful) repair upgrade. I run Windows 10 Pro x64 ver 20H2 build 19042.685. Thanks.*Smile 170737
  9. Is it safe to delete folders inside C:\DRIVERS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safe to delete folders inside C:\DRIVERS: Recently, I updated my apps and found that around 2GB of space is occupied due to this update in C:\DRIVERS folder. All of the folders inside DRIVERS contains setup files install & uninstall. Their names are : AMD_Chipset_APU, ASUS System Control Interface V2,...
  10. Strange hidden folders in C:/ - Can they safely be deleted?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange hidden folders in C:/ - Can they safely be deleted?: Hi, On my C root disk I have lots of strange hidden folders. Can they safely be deleted? They do not contain anything except a .log file in the $SysReset folder [img] 46920